UFC: Fuck Knows

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I love the Jones idea if it's for an interim title. It'd be taking the piss if they stripped Werdum of the proper title and let Jones and Miocic fight for it though.

Really, though, I'd rather see Cormier vs Jones 2 and let Jones' move to heavyweight happen when it happens rather than rush it just to save an already knackered card. I'd rather lose this show completely or let it go to Fight Pass with a Hendricks-Wonderboy main event than go for the quick fix and throw Jones in there on this notice. It'd be cool to see but I still want to see DC vs Jones 2 and maybe Jones vs Gus 2 and Rumble before he moves up.

Then again, they're letting McGregor fight for one title while holding another. Maybe Jones could do the same.

Apparently Dos Anjos Vs. McGregor is now the main event of UFC 196 on the same date (March 5th) with the show that would have been 196 now airing on Fox instead with the Hendricks fight as the main event.

Probably protects the numbered shows being traditional PPV's then. That way people don't get confused.

They're not budging on the date for UFC 200, meaning they have to add in another PPV show in that free month before then. Which also means they're going to throw together loads of underwhelming fights and one semi-important main event, essentially putting them in this same position if injury does strike - like a merry go round.

• Paid Members

Yeah they never had a PPV pencilled in for May so I imagine they'll slot one in there. Traditionally the May PPV is a big one but under these circumstances fuck knows what they're going to cobble together.

Saying that, it might work out alright. If they can get some shit signed soon, there's plenty of time to get things lined up in time for May. You could potentially see Rockhold vs Weidman 2, Cruz vs Faber 3, a Werdum defence could be re-booked, Robbie Lawler could be back around then. They've got some options there.

The card for UFC Fight Night: Hendricks vs Thompson on Feb 6th

-MAIN CARD- 3am BT Sports 2

-------------------

Hendricks vs Thompson

Nelson vs Rosholt

Saint-Preux vs Cavalcante

Benavidez vs Makovsky

Cirkunov vs Nicholson

Pyle vs Spencer

-PRE-LIMS- 1am BT Sports 2

---------------------

Burkman vs Noons