UFC: Fuck Knows

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the suggestion is they move his fight over from the Fox card rather than fight Miocic. My bad shoulda made that clear.

Would Barnett vs Rothwell be any better of a main event than Hendricks vs Wonderboy though? They've fucked it, there's no saving this. It's too close now to put anything meaningful on there.
Nope - But I believe it'd slightly strengthen a really dogshite card.

Then the fox card almost becomes as dogshit as the current ufc 196 card.

Yeah but they're not trying to sell the Fox card at $50 ago to each individual customer. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear someone in this thread mentioned that May is without a PPV. Surely if they want to meet PPV demands, they could produce a makeshift event in May. Maybe even have Werdum headline against Cain (if they are both ready). If they can secure a Vegas location, they could even honour the tickets sold for UFC 196. 

They could even still hold this card. Just bung it on Fight Pass and have Hendricks vs Thompson headline. 

These are the PPV buyrates (Or Meltzer/Other journalist reported figures for the past 3 years. 

Presuming 196 goes ahead, it'll likely be the lowest out of the past 3 years. Even the haunted UFC 177 with TJ Dillashaw did 120,000 buys. But then UFC PPV's weren't as expensive as they are today either. I just can't see a main-event with Johnny Hendricks in a non-title fight even breaking 100,000. In fact I'd go as low as suggesting it'll do maybe 80,0000 at a push. The most recent shite PPV did 115,000 buys with Dodson and DJ, plus you had Frank Mir on that show. This PPV really is fucked. 

(Credit to User DezWalker on F4WONLINE Forums)

2013%2BPPVs.png

2014%2BPPVs.png

2015%2BPPVs.png

• Paid Members

Werdum's statement is really mystifying. I would hazard a very weak guess that what he means is that the fight against Miocic is too risky for him because:

1. He spent his camp training for Cain

2. He's injured

Perhaps he would've considered the Miocic fight if only one of those factors were in play, but not both?

• Paid Members

is there a way the UFC could move this show to Fight Pass? I don't how the logistics of the whole thing but with Fight Pass in place and thinking they may not have a product up to scratch for PPV how about make it an exclusive Fight Pass show? The UFC are trying to promote the service, moving this show there and keeping it listed as a numbered show would probably lead to a huge bump in subscribers.

Obviously there's more to it than just moving it over but im wondering if it's an option?

is there a way the UFC could move this show to Fight Pass? I don't how the logistics of the whole thing but with Fight Pass in place and thinking they may not have a product up to scratch for PPV how about make it an exclusive Fight Pass show? The UFC are trying to promote the service, moving this show there and keeping it listed as a numbered show would probably lead to a huge bump in subscribers.

Obviously there's more to it than just moving it over but im wondering if it's an option?

Would be very little stopping them from doing this. Same setup as PPV broadcast, just the outbound broadcast would be back to FP's data centre rather than Verizon, DirecTV and there other PPV providers. 

The issue is the lateness and with contracts signed, it's not just the US, remember BT contractually pay for a 'PPV event' each month, switching it to FP last minute etc effects a huge trail of contracts/advertisements and in-place deals. 

• Paid Members

Yeah but they're not trying to sell the Fox card at $50 ago to each individual customer.

I understand what you're saying, but this event is fucked anyway. People aren't forced to shelve out that money, it's a choice. I would perhaps argue its more important to the people who have bought tickets, rather than the fan at home who have yet to pay money.

However, Fox have already signed a multi million dollar deal with the ufc and will have already sold advertising space. Whilst I'm not ruling it out, moving fox's co main from from the broadcast will be more detrimental to business in the long term in my opinion.

I understand what you're saying, but this event is fucked anyway. People aren't forced to shelve out that money, it's a choice. I would perhaps argue its more important to the people who have bought tickets, rather than the fan at home who have yet to pay money.

That's true, but then whatabout those who've bought tickets for the Fox show? They're left with a shit card.

• Paid Members

That's true, but then whatabout those who've bought tickets for the Fox show? They're left with a shit card.

You're the one saying to move the fight to 196 though?

You're the one saying to move the fight to 196 though?

Nah, I just meant that was what people were calling for on Twitter and that it may make the show slightly more salvageable. Should have added personally can't see it happening though! Apologies. 

• Paid Members

*card subject to change

Jon Jones says he'll fight Miocic at HW if the belt is on the line.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/ex-champ-jon-jones-would-fight-stipe-miocic-at-ufc-196-if-heavyweight-belt-is-on-line

Fair risk tbh. Dana would never go for it given the chance of Stipe cleaning him out.

Never go for it? Really? I honestly don't know hence why I ask, but can you imagine the frenzy it'd create? I'd say there's more benefits to it in the current situation than negatives. Plus having Jones in the HW and LHW division would benefit both...

Archived