UFC: Fuck Knows

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The UFC have already signed a Russian Heavyweight Olympic wrestler, he's a current Olympic Bronze medallist and several time Gold medallist at the World Championships at Freestyle Wrestling.

Last year he got Bronze at both Greco and Freestyle which is insane as nobody ever medals in both, so he will be a prospect. Bellator have signed some American Olympic hopeful.

The UFC have signed a few Polish fighters Marcin Tybira & Damian Grabowski are both former M1 Champions with ine loss each.

Sergei Kharitonov was talking about signing with either UFC, Glory or Bellator and could beat most on their feet but probably struggles with a grappler.

Vitaly Minakov is undefeated and hasn't defended his Bellator belt in 2 years but fights for a Russian promotion on UFC Fight Pass, he might be looking to leave if he can get out his contract

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think judo is closer to MMA than wrestling, despite wrestling obviously being more entrenched and having more history in MMA. Judo incorporates the throws, trips, takedowns and submissions. I'm often surprised that judo isn't more strongly represented in MMA. Before Rousey's success brought it to the forefront, you could probably count on one hand the MMA fighters in America who had much of a judo style or even really trained it. You had Karo Parisyan, Manny Gamburyan, Rick Hawn...I'm struggling. Of course, in japan there were more like Olympic gold medalist Hidehiko Yoshida etc but in the US companies you rarely saw it.

Actually the Diaz brothers were a rare example of American fighters who trained judo before it became cool in MMA. I think that's how they became close with Ronda later on (she was even referred to as the 'Diaz sister' sometimes) as well, because they're big judo marks.

Couple of things about Judo that don't match so well with MMA. Judo is all about grabbing and controlling your opponents Gi at the start of the fight when both fighters are on their feet. Thats how all fights start and are controlled, 99% of Judo fights are won from attacks starting there. When so much of your training and attacks is about the Gi going to something with no Gi is a headfuck for most. There is ground grappling but it does not last long tbh. Refs stop things very quickly on the ground.

You automatically DQ if you grab your opponent leg during an attack as well. Thats why you never see Rousey shoot at legs. Its mentally ingrained into her brain not to grab legs.

Not to say Judo is a bad base its just there is so much of it not suited to MMA.

Holm before the Rousey fight apparently did a lot of training with Jon Jones who is great at Greco, which is more upper body /cage control and can neutralise Judo quite well, he's also got a few good tricks about creating space and hurting guys when he separates from the clinch, throw in Hollys Kickboxing skills and it's a bad match up.

Meisha Tate is more a freestyle wrestler who will be going for double and single takedowns, obviously Jacksons have similar wrestlers but none are as accomplished as Jones.

Cain clearly was affected by the Altitude Werdum may have been gassed as well but he was well climitised (6 weeks I think up there in Mexico) it wouldn't hit him as hard as it did Cain, as it takes weeks for your body to get used to it, you could have the fittest guy in the world but he would probably struggle climbing mount Kiliminjaro, without the proper preparation time.

Didn't Lennox Lewis do something similar when Rahaman beat him in South Africa, he looked gassed about 30 seconds in if memory serves me right.

• Paid Members

Bollocks.

This really fucks this PPV over. Werdum vs Cain and the rematch aspect was the only hook really making this interesting. Without that this is more like an average FOX card.

Werdum vs Miocic is a great Plan B but, even that, with Miocic coming in on two weeks notice, it's a tall task for him. It's great for him that he's getting what he asked for, but at the same time shit that he's coming in less than fully prepared. And from Werdum's POV it sucks because if he wins he beat a guy who was coming in on two weeks notice. If he loses even worse, then he lost to a guy who came in on two weeks notice. Just shit on every level. Hopefully the fight itself makes up for it. The last thing this event needs is for these two to go out there and have a crap fight. Especially given the very real possibility that it'll have to follow both Hendricks and Rosholt dryhumping their way to sleepy unanimous decisions.

• Paid Members

Bollocks.

This really fucks this PPV over. Werdum vs Cain and the rematch aspect was the only hook really making this interesting. Without that this is more like an average FOX card.

Werdum vs Miocic is a great Plan B but, even that, with Miocic coming in on two weeks notice, it's a tall task for him. It's great for him that he's getting what he asked for, but at the same time shit that he's coming in less than fully prepared. And from Werdum's POV it sucks because if he wins he beat a guy who was coming in on two weeks notice. If he loses even worse, then he lost to a guy who came in on two weeks notice.

Miocic' constant calling for a title shot on social media leads me to believe that Miocic has stayed in shape with the belief that this may happen, here's hoping.

• Paid Members

No doubt Velasquez was lifting a kettle bell like a tit again or something. 

I'm pleased Miocic is finally getting his chance, but as discussed, it's hardly ideal circumstances for the fella. Quite easily you can see this being the least purchased PPV this year.

• Paid Members

The saving grace is he's just come out of a fight camp and had an easy fight too.

I don't get the impression he's one of these fighters that doesn't stay in shape either.

He's got no weight to cut either which is very important in a camp for some fighters to trim down.

• Paid Members

It's the best of a bad situation, but losing Velasquez will really hurt this pay per view. The only real hook was seeing if his performance would improve dramatically at sea level.

Cain Velasquez dropping out due to injury is really becoming tiresome. I expect he's only got a few fights left in him before he calls it a career.

• Paid Members

Stylistically Miocic is similar to Cain so for Werdum his game plan won't really change.

Bizarrely I'm a little more into this new fight than I was before. Miocic is a bit more interesting than Cain and I think its still a very close fight.

I'm slightly favouring Werdum but I've got a gut feeling Miocic may pull it off.

Archived