If you could change one match result...

DraxSpago

• Paid Members

John Quinn over Big Daddy in 1979 could have been huge. Daddy wouldn't have been killed by it, it would have made Quinn even bigger and let you run two "big" house shows a night instead of one, and it would have perfectly set up a rematch for Daddy to win, perhaps with the same last man standing rules they did with Haystacks.

The only problem is that Dixon might have made the approach to nab Quinn even quicker.

Let's face it - Daddy over almost anyone worth putting in the main was a bad decision. Did he ever go over Kendo properly?

I liked John Quinn - what little I saw of him. He should've been one of Britain's biggest.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A small one I'd change would be Lawler vs Cole at Wrestlemania 27. They had this god awful feud which should have obviously culminated in Lawler winning clean. Instead Cole won by DQ and the feud carried on for another few months. Fucking awful.

A short match with the popular result would have been fine. Using the match to set up a series nobody wanted? Fucking miserable.

• Moderators

Fuck! Thanks for reminding me! Lawler should have beaten Miz in the ladder match! Even then, Lawler was arguably (actually, factually) one of the best workers in the company if not the, was over at the time, and it would have been an awesome nostalgia run with him throwing awesome punches for a month or so.

Although looking at his heart fucking a few months later, maybe not. But still... Lawler.

• Paid Members

Fuck! Thanks for reminding me! Lawler should have beaten Miz in the ladder match! Even then, Lawler was arguably (actually, factually) one of the best workers in the company if not the, was over at the time, and it would have been an awesome nostalgia run with him throwing awesome punches for a month or so.

Although looking at his heart fucking a few months later, maybe not. But still... Lawler.

And incredibly, putting Lawler in that spot would barely have made the slightest difference to the Mania build at all, which was "THE ROCK is going to be sniffing around JOHN CENA'S match for the WWE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! Two legends of their time and they REALLY DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER!!! You need to watch this match because MAYBE THE ROCK AND JOHN CENA WILL FIGHT, OMG!!!! and some bloke has the belt."

RVD to go over Triple H at Unforgiven 02 instead of Flair screwing him and siding with Hunter. It was their last shot at making RVD a proper headliner, having not pulled the trigger on his really hot streak at the end of 01.

• Paid Members

While we're on the subject of RVD- I reckon he should've gone over during the triple threat at No Mercy 2001. He was over as fuck at the time and although it seemed they were going to go with the momentum he had, he was just a pawn in the Austin/Angle feud, which was dead at that point anyway.

With RVD as champion, we probably wouldn't have had the awful Jericho undisputed run. Don't know what they'd have done with him or the title come Mania, wouldn't matter really anyway as the event was all about Rock/Hogan anyway.

• Paid Members

John Quinn was Canadian.

I know he was Canadian, I meant he could've been one of Britain's biggest stars as in he could've been one of the biggest stars in the British wrestling scene and in British popular culture.

Archived