Al Snow Wrestling Academy

DrakeWilliams1985

• Paid Members

I love the little story on Simon Dean/Nova's shoot interview where he says every time anyone brought up Al Snow's name around Triple H, he'd be completely dismissive and rolling his eyes and stuff.

Al Snow's always seemed like one of those Raven types to me, who thinks he was a way bigger deal than he actually was. At least Raven would tell some amusing/sleazy stories now and then though. Last time I watched Al Snow speak he was a right miserable bastard. The Victor Meldrew of wrestling. Seems like one of those people who has to find fault with everything.

Not the biggest Al Snow fan... In fact I never really saw what any of the companies saw in him. 

He had a gimmick that lasted way too long and focused on a mannequin head that was more over than he was. 

I cannot recall one match I thought was truly 'great' that he was in either. The idea that he could criticise any other performer is ludicrous. His attitude toward interviews in particular is nauseating and the assertion that Hogan/Andre was better than Steamboat/Savage makes his opinion pretty much moot. 

• Paid Members

Nope, I can't recall a single noteworthy thing Al Snow has ever been involved in. He was always just 'there'.

Come to think of it, aside from his stuff with Grado at the start of this year, I can't even remember a single Al Snow match where I thought to myself afterwards "Hey, I enjoyed that".

I wonder who will be there every session. As it stands there's a list of guys who'll dip in and out, highly unlikely they'll be there regularly. It has the smell of Alex Shane yet no mention of the big man.

My favourite match of Al Snow was his match vs Bob Holly at St Valentine's Day Massacre. It was one of my favourite Hardcore matches as a kid. I don't think I've ever watch it back but I loved it.

Aside from that, the only other memorable thing he did was either have a match with him self or vs Head. I think it was with himself. He moonsaulted onto a table

• Paid Members

Very much agree with the comments here.  It's irked me for the past few years how Al Snow is regularly on podcasts, interviews etc saying how crap everyone's matches are these days when I cannot recall a single match of his that stands out as above average, or one that drew any money.  It's all "unless you've been in the business 25 years you have no idea what makes a good match or how to work"

Archived