WWE Beast in the East *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they felt like the baddies absolutely had to get the better of Lesnar for that night, they should have come up with something big to facilitate it. Not the standard numbers game beatdown that you'd get (and do get) with John Cena, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. I'm not sure what, like. It couldn't be a shotgun, but something closer to that than a standard steel chair. Mountie's shock stick, maybe.

It doesn't help that Brock was pretty poor at selling it, compared to the job Roman Reigns did this week. Though I'm not sure why there was a need to have Brock end up on the losing side of the brawl anyway.

• Paid Members

Similar to his destruction of Zach Gowen. That would have been class.

Pushing him down a flight of concrete steps in a wheelchair was a bit uncomfortable to watch though.

True, it was a bit grim. No idea why that popped into my head.

• Awards Moderator

Maybe something closer to his destruction of Shannon Moore during the Mattitude Era? That was brutal, but in a fun way.

I thought Brock looked great in the match, exactly the aura I want from him. Kofi did well to try and avoid him in the early going (thus avoiding the 'charge in, get F5ed straight away' approach of Reigns and Cena) but when he started launching strikes to no effect, it was only a matter of time. The way Brock's been built over the past year, he damn well should be taking care of the whole New Day single-handed. The only reason I can think of for that Authority beat-down is that Brock let them do it to lull them into a false sense of security.

I know it's pointless, but I really wish WWE looked more like this every week. Seeing WWE back in that kind of arena reminded me of how much I dislike the stage/ramp set-up they have nowadays. There's just something about wrestlers coming in on floor level from a (relatively) plain curtain area that I love so much. It makes the ring seem like the true focal point. I mean, it's a weird dichotomy that the HUGE stage set-up is there to make the Superstars seem larger than life but at the same time can make the rest of the show feel so small in comparison. Ehh.

I'm just sad they didn't have the walkway that went from the entrance right onto the ring apron.

I do agree though, I hate the huge generic entrance now. They've got lazy too with special events. I wish they'd make special entrances for all PPVs to give it a different feel again. Even when Smackdown had a different entrance to Raw it felt slightly different. Now all the shows don't have any identity what so ever, and to a certain extent I'd argue that it dilutes the identity of the wrestler too. With it being so grand and flashy, you lose focus on the guy that matters. In a plainer entrance, you get an idea of how imposing, or charismatic someone is.

• Paid Members

Like when they did the old school raw a while back and had the blue ring apron, the different coloured ropes etc. So simple and yet so effective.

What was the reason for the show? were they doing a tour of Japan and thought 'F it lets do a special'?

was a weird card but that added to it, Balor vs Owens should've been last cause the tag match was just a Smackdown match and seemed out of place for a main event of something that was a special not just a house show

Hopefully they'll do themed specials like these from different world tours like over here, Australia,Italy etc

There was talk of them doing things like this for the network a few months back. I assume this is a tester to see if people either watched live or OnDemand. I assume that it will have been predominantly watched OnDemand due to the time difference, but if things went well they could maybe do them every three months or so. I doubt that they would do one from the UK tours as they already do Raw & Smackdown and all the other TV that goes with them (Main Event, Superstars etc.)

Archived