WWE Beast in the East *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

It was just a house show remember. Yes it was on the network but the majority of fans will never see it. And at house shows the stars win. Jericho is a star. Neville isn't. If it was a PPV match then sure, Neville should win. But it's just a happy endings house show and more fans cheered Jericho than Neville (because non dickhead fans cheer stars) so more fans were happy when he won.

At least 1.3m Network subscribers will see it.

The same Network that is the only place airing NXT, basically the hottest and most over thing they have going on. A show so hot they're running a major arena the night before Summerslam.

So it wasn't 'just a house show', at least not in exposure.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was just a house show remember. Yes it was on the network but the majority of fans will never see it. And at house shows the stars win. Jericho is a star. Neville isn't. If it was a PPV match then sure, Neville should win. But it's just a happy endings house show and more fans cheered Jericho than Neville (because non dickhead fans cheer stars) so more fans were happy when he won.

The same Network that is the only place airing NXT, basically the hottest and most over thing they have going on. A show so hot they're running a major arena the night before Summerslam.

So it wasn't 'just a house show', at least not in exposure.

NXT is over to a small minority of diehard wrestling fans. If it was the hottest and most over thing they have then it would be on TV. I watch and greatly enjoy NXT every week but it's a niche show with a small audience. Also, if it was the hottest and most over thing they have, why aren't they running big arenas now? Why only on the weekend where they have their third biggest show of the year and a weekend long convention? NXT is a fun show but you're greatly exaggerating its popularity and importance.

Just because the Network has 1.3 million subscribers, doesn’t mean that all of them are going to watch this show.

Following on from that (correct) theory, I'd imagine that if all, or even the majority, of network subscribers watched NXT then WWE would trumpet those figure every week on TV. Did you know that WWE NXT is seen by 1.3m viewers every week on the WWE Network!! They would also try to get the show on a genuine TV network as they'd get far more in rights fees than they would lose for the small proportion of subscribers that may cancel because NXT is no longer on the network.

• Paid Members

It was a strange show as it combined the promoting of a Brock Lesnar Squash match, with a heavily promoted title match not going last, on a Japanese house show with a house show main event.
I enjoyed it, but it would have been miles better if we had an NXT Diva's match too and Balor went on last. It felt like an NXT/ECW ONS show but without much of the atmosphere. I love the Japanese crowd's enthusiasm at mundane things though. That echoing "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" is cracking.

Did it bug anyone else that Cole refused to call half of Balor's moves by their names? It seemed like he was desperate to say what the move was and who it was a tribute to, but either he wasn't allowed or could read the handwriting on his notes.

Really enjoyed the Brock match. That match is surely going to be one of my first picks when thinking about favourite squash matches.

The show benefitted from a different set up. I hate that all WWE shows look exactly the same these days, so this was a breath of fresh air. It was weird hearing the crowd act so differently. It was pretty mush the polar opposite of the post-WM crowd and every one was very well behaved.

This show was a decent watch although I skipped the tag main event simply because Dolph was in it and I can't stand the twat. The look on Owens face when the crowd threw those streamers into the ring was priceless. I'm starting to become a fan of Owens, I love the attitude of his character and he plays the cunt really well. I just hope creative come up with some good ideas for him once his feud with Cena comes to an end.

Had to wait till I got in from work at 7.30 to see it, having had the NXT title match spoiled by a twitter alert during my lunch break but it was worth waiting for, very fun show. Honestly I'm loving seeing Lesnar's work ever since he came back to the company 3 years ago, full credit to Kofi for agreeing to be a squash victim, the Germans looked really brutal. 

Neville/Jericho and Owens/Balor were awesome matches, the Demon/Carnage hybrid paint on Balor was incredibly cool. Hopefully having Owens drop the NXT belt means he wins the US title at Battleground in the rubber match with Cena

The tag main event was fine for what it was but I couldn't get into the Divas match, mainly because of Tamina replacing Naomi (who was missing due to a bereavement). The end game has to be Nikki dropping the belt at Summerslam to either Naomi or Paige right? Unless they wait till she passes AJ Lee's record in September

I know we haven't had Battleground yet but Summerslam weekend is looking like being awesome, be interesting to see how NXT Takeover will be set up being outside their comfort zone at Full Sail

I've not watched the main event past the entrances, but the rest of the show was alright. The best parts were the crowd reactions, the unusual (for broadcast) setup, and the streamers. Neville vs Jericho was really good. Owens vs Balor was alright as well, but it's hard for that kind of match to really stand out anymore to me. Ten finisher kickouts is more of a turn-off now, unless I'm really invested in the match. I enjoyed Owens heeling it up.

I was disappointed in Brock vs Kofi. I don't know what more I expected, just a longer squash and some New Day shenanigans during the match I suppose. Lesnar completely refusing to sell Kofi's attacks was funny.

Similar views to a lot here

NXT title match was cracking and should've obviously been the last match.

Neville should probably be winning his match as it's not a standard house, but maybe they can work an even better match some time down the line.

Divas match looked like they'd been told they'd ran out of time and they just had to wrap it up with a shitty forearm. No point.

I'd have New Day either at ringside or interfering in the match-up to give Kofi a bit of offence in his match (if Kane and Joey Mercury can orchestrate his downfall on Raw as we're lead to believe, so should the recent tag champs) and then obvs have Lesnar power through the lot of them eventually. Bit less of a "why Kofi?" feel to it then at least.

Tag match was anticlimactic and pretty boring just built on two really drawn out hot-tags. I know the faces won but I can't remember how or who ate the pin

• Paid Members

Just watched the show and it wad pretty good. The NXT title match was good but had way too many false finishers, Kurt Angle levels of kick outs. The Divas match was blah and I've lost all intrest in the main roster divas. The Brock squash was fun , it is a bit of a shame they had to have the whole of New Day get destroyed as I really enjoyed that Tag title run and would like them to be kept quite strong. The tag match was really vanilla and felt a bit anti climatic after the title match.

Lesnar completely refusing to sell Kofi's attacks was funny.

Surely that was the idea to make it look like Kofi was simply no match for the beast. Would've looked even better if they had thrown someone like Adam Rose in there to be broken in half by Lesnar.

Archived