LPW Nemesis - A real treat (Mention UKFF at the door for free entry)

LPW

Been reading this thread over the last few days and I can honestly say I am stoked about the event.

I hope I am not too late to get an entry in to the UKFF rumble and take advantage of the great pie and crumble offer. As someone with as much wrestling experience as Mr Bowler has at being professionally professional I don't mind just having a Drew Carey moment in the rumble as I'd hate to take the limelight off some of you professional wrestlers on here

Mark I have a right to be here and be in the business. Neil there is no rumble, pies ect so get over it. I don't have all the experience I just go on what I see other promoters do. I have tried to be professional at the start of this thread but you can clearly see these people are trying o wind me up and it did work and no I just won't get annoyed with them.

Edited by LPW

Mark I have a right to be here and be in the business. Neil there is no rumble, pies ect so get over it. I don't have all the experience I just go on what I see other promoters do. I have tried to be professional at the start of this thread but you can clearly see these people are trying o wind me up and it did work and no I just won't get annoyed with them.

See you all next week as I am not posting again

If you want to be professional you should get Petey Staniforth to help out with LPW. You could be the biggest promotion in Harehills then.

Mate, you've gotta have an angle. That angle can't be "give me a second chance" because how will you draw the rubes who've never heard of you?

What would I see if I went to an LPW show? We can deduce you're not going for a PCW/Southside-esque super-show/imports business model. So, is it family-friendly fun like WWE? Is it intricate chess battles like NJPW? Is it crazy athleticism like Dragon Gate? Hardcore 18+ brawls like CZW? Surrealist fourth-wall comedy like CHIKARA? What's your company's identity?

I would like to be like PCW/ Southside. LPW is a family / friendly show.

I would say its a family show, but would not rule out any other fans.

Your right I do need a professional angle

Mark I have a right to be here and be in the business. 

Assuming you mean me. How do your family feel about funding your business though? I know if I asked my folks to fund a show for me and 7 people turned up, they wouldn't be best pleased. Why are they funding the show and not you? 

The other thing I'm confused about is the MMA fighter. He's going to have to be a pretty big name isnt he? I only ask because of all the shows Ive been to in my 4 years of going to BritWres shows I've NEVER seen a MMA fighter used to sell tickets. We wrestling fans want to see wrestling (shocking I know) not SOME GUY who has been on TUF. 

Edited by marcrpearson101

• Paid Members

Who is the storyline GM for the show? Is he being advertised on the posters, shown front and centre of the roster whilst holding a clipboard?

If you want to be professional you should get Petey Staniforth to help out with LPW. You could be the biggest promotion in Harehills then.

Your right I do need a professional angle

ptw-february-medium.jpg

What lessons have you learnt?

I think after being on here for the last few days I have not learned my lesion in getting mad with people who have a mental act of a 2 year old.

What parameters do you have in place to make sure they don't happen again?

I won't let people like that get to me anymore

Do you have a business model?

No

How can you and your show benefit what is a thriving UK wrestling scene without becoming another promotion run by somebody who doesn't have a clue muddying the waters?

I want to learn and put on a good show and I have put on some good shows and matches but people like on here talk trash about them when they have no more of a clue than me.

Do you have a clue?

No, LOL

Do you know it takes more than telling people you're professional to actually be professional?

Yes and I started to be professional and then it went down hill for abit but I am gonna climb that hill and prove everyone wrong.

Do you know how much work goes into being a proper successful promoter?

Yes

Do you think you can do as good a job as say Mark Sloan, Dixon or Fludder?

Not at this point it takes years to get to a level where them guys have go to. Would like to be at that leave

How did you choose what 'talent' to book for your shows?

I just book who I think would be good with the fans

Why should I care about them and the matches you book?

You care about wrestling don't you. This for me is about making some money and about wrestling, im not out to take over everyones companys or anything just want something I can give back to the community.

Do you think people need more than match announcements and lame graphics to invest themselves in your promotion and the wrestlers?

Lame Graphics I would say the stuff I had done is not that bad, not the worse I seen I mean look at the poster I made years ago. That was bad. I would say come to this show and see that everyone is wrong and investing was the best thing you done and it would be worth every penny like people have said in the past.

How can you justify your ticket price?

I think the ticket prices are fair, there are other company's who do them dearer than my prices.

Will there be a vegetarian option?

No comment as you well know I am NOT selling food at the show

Where do you see LPW in 5 years?

In 5 years hopefully like the other big company's in wrestling

How are you financing your business?

Family

Are you confident you can give the fans what they want?

Yes

What do they want?

A professional company with great matches and talent

Whilst I admire your honesty I don't think you've answered any of those questions sufficiently enough for anyone to have faith in you or your promotion. You talk about second chances so I'll give you one more go at giving reasons to your answers. Not just statements pulled out your arse.

In addition...

You also mention aspiring to be like PCW and Southside....do you think they run without a business model? A plan?

How far ahead do you think they book their shows/angles?

Do you think they get their parents to fund their shows?

Would you say that was the approach of a professional promoter?

The wrestlers you've booked are they sourced after months and months of planning and scouting as to which wrestlers would best appeal to your target audience or are they booked as they fall within your parents budget?

What plans are in place for the future if this show turns a profit?

What plans are in place if this show leaves your funder in debt?

You mention you're running a show to make money.....you need a business plan then....if that is your plan. So what is yours?

Now you need to be much more convincing than your last effort. Prove to people you've changed by giving evidence. By showing you've put some clear thought into your planning and structure. By showing how you intend to give back to the community. Do it Adam. Be a hero.

Edited by Stinky Dad

Please, for the sake of the children, it's "etc" - short for "et cetera".

Actually I'm beginning to think it might be short for ectoplasm now he's done it so many times.

To be fair a wrestling show that allows free entry, keeps out the hordes of Chinese, has a Rumble we can all enter (for free) and has a pie raffle determined by where you finish in said Rumble AND has ectoplasm sounds immense.

gbacon85 I am NOT giving free entry if people come to the door and say its free they won't get free tickets. There will be someone on the door and they know the show is not free and will refused and asked to pay like professional fans.

You clearly don't understand professional just like most people on here

Stinky Dad

Im not pulling a statement out of my ass I am being truthful as I can

You also mention aspiring to be like PCW and Southside....do you think they run without a business model? A plan?

No they have plans for their shows and I know I had rows with both of them but I fully respect them in what they do.

How far ahead do you think they book their shows/angles?

They book their shows far ahead, but remember they book lots of shows, at the min LPW are only running two shows

Do you think they get their parents to fund their shows?

No, LPW is a family business

The wrestlers you've booked are they sourced after months and months of planning and scouting as to which wrestlers would best appeal to your target audience or are they booked as they fall within your parents budget?

They do appeal to my target Audience, if the fans don't like a wrestler they pass on their comments and I take them on board.

What plans are in place for the future if this show turns a profit?

If it turns into a profit which I hope it will there will be more LPW shows, and maybe planning to run shows out of Leeds.

What plans are in place if this show leaves your funder in debt?

No comment on that

You mention you're running a show to make money.....you need a business plan then....if that is your plan. So what is yours

I have a business plan but don't want to give my information out if that's ok

So we can all get in free because of the UKFF connection (cheers by the way, really generous) but professional fans have to pay? Dude that's harsh.

Also how does one become a professional fan, because full time work ties me up enough as it is, without having to go professional to enjoy my grappling.