#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I had a McDonalds the other day for the first time in ages (Philly Cheesesteak & Mozarella sticks). It was really shite.

Our good mate @Onyx2uploaded a vid on YouTube recreating the Philly Cheesesteak at home. It just really made me want one. I've still swerved it and am glad I have now.

Did suggest that Onyx should do a YouTube series making fast food stuff but better and call it #EATCLEAN

Link:

• Moderators
21 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Seen this on a snack group on Facebook I'm in (shut up) and it's usually spot on. Next McDonald's menu mid October. FB_IMG_1727191165965.thumb.jpg.ee7b00647e222413663545e5e8d83b45.jpg

It's fascinating to me how the UK McDonald's menu is both more creative and seemingly more gluttonous that in the US

• Members
12 minutes ago, neil said:

It's fascinating to me how the UK McDonald's menu is both more creative and seemingly more gluttonous that in the US

Do you think so? I always see people whinge and say we never get anything actually unique it's just always "another patty" or "double up" etc. The European and Asian menus get genuinely different bits all the time.

Been a while since I looked at the US menu.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Do you think so? I always see people whinge and say we never get anything actually unique it's just always "another patty" or "double up" etc. The European and Asian menus get genuinely different bits all the time.

Been a while since I looked at the US menu.

The US menu is generally awful, though I did try a McPizza the other day which I think was exclusive to that particular restaurant 

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Our good mate @Onyx2uploaded a vid on YouTube recreating the Philly Cheesesteak at home. It just really made me want one. I've still swerved it and am glad I have now.

Did suggest that Onyx should do a YouTube series making fast food stuff but better and call it #EATCLEAN

Link:

Cheers for the link. I'm sure McDonald's are keen to remind you it's CheeseSTACK. 

The problem with 'fast food, but better' is it's been done TO DEATH by Joshua Weissman and Ethan Chlebowski which is why I picked this UK exclusive they've never heard of. Plus I think it's genuinely an interesting and tasty burger, rather than their usual specials of "burger, but with a spicy sauce!"

I am legit in a McDonald's as I type this. 

20240925_181208.thumb.jpg.4e8c606e44bc33025b439016a0272e4f.jpg

I like David Seymour who takes recipes from the likes of Joshua Weissman, TikTok and Samthecookingguy and actually cooks them. He gives them a fair review but Weismmans especially take a fucking ridiculous amount of ingredients and steps. He normally rates them as very good but not worth the effort. Plus Weissman is unbearable nowadays.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

like the sound of the onion bites too, wonder if it’s just onion or it’s their cheese bites with added onion

Looks like neither.

image.thumb.png.a4302446a58c1b700ec05c7197cb2e4c.png

Hash Brown bites are something I’ve enjoyed getting from Neat Burger and more recently, found Sainsbury’s sell them so not to interested in those.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Hash Brown bites are something I’ve enjoyed getting from Neat Burger and more recently, found Sainsbury’s sell them so not to interested in those.

Birds Eye do a thing called hash brown bites that are terrific. Spray generously with oil and air fry for 15 minutes.

2ee2759b-3802-44d0-bab4-5c429dabd9b6.jpe

(You can also deep fry them and they are GREAT)

Edited by Onyx2

didn't Hash Brown Bites used to be called Oven Crunchies years ago? they seem to have rebranded as HBB  but they're the same thing, they've been around forever. FarmFoods is the cheapest place to get them, they also sell something very similar but with added chili and cheese, they're not FarmFoods branded though so they don't always have them