Wrestling's Biggest Drink & Drug Abusers

IronSheik

I've always been fascinated by wrestling's Rock n' Roll culture, and the stories of excess.

Some died young (Pillman, Bulldog, Rude), some cheated death (Flair, Sheik, Haynes, Hall)

Who in your opinion is Pro Wrestling's Keith Richards? and what crazy stories have you heard?

I'd have to go with Scott Hall. Beer, vodka, uppers, downers you name it, he's invested it - he once had 34 soma's in one sitting, that's fucking SUICIDE!?!? and credit to him for fighting his demons.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to his shoot Balls reckons he rarely drinks. Except for when he has a drink of wine whilst cooking. Not sure I can take his word for it for some reason.

The Sandman? Axl Rotten? Most of ECW have been involved with substances at one time or another.

• Paid Members

Sandy used to reportedly polish off 2 litres of vodka before his match then a six-pack split between going through the curtain and making his entrance. Every match. That's fairly shocking levels of dependence.

Jake's the winner though, isn't he? You pop a pill to wake up in the morning, you pop a pill to take the pain away long enough to get through your match, you pop a pill to keep you alert enough to drive to the next town so you don't fall asleep at the wheel, you pop a different pill to get yourself to sleep. That's on top of the drinking and a crack habit that probably took care of the GDP of a small developing South American country.

I've always felt Angle and Jannetty could drop dead at any moment.

Angle's stubborness to participate was perhaps the catalyst for his deterioration into addiction.

That fuck head Jannetty openly admits drugging women!?!?

What about Regal? In his book he says he was drinking GHB by the pint. That's insane, it only takes a drop to make you feel like you've drunk 2 bottles of vodka.

I was going to say Regal. I remember someone listing a load of drugs that he had admitted to taking and then asking him if there was any that he hadn't, to which he responded, as only Regal could, "Asperin, it messes with my delicate stomach"

Archived