Wrestling's Biggest Drink & Drug Abusers

IronSheik

• Moderators

Roddy Piper is often fucked up on shit, even to this day I think. He's either high as a kite or low as fuck, often incoherent. He liked the charlie back in the day.

According to Sheiky Baby, Greg the Hammer was a top gimmick man, A to the Z.

I always regret finding out Davey Boy smoked crack (with Anvil). He seems to have been a party animal and try anything type dude. Even introduced Sunny to fuckin soma's... Ken Patera says Davey Boy and Dynamite each had more steroids in a month than he had in his entire weight lifting career... That's fuckin scary.

Stop using that bollocks KC slang. Just say "He did drugs".

It's Iron Sheik slang which he's said for years, going back to the early 2000's. I love Sheiky Baby and will never stop using his world class patter.

Please? Please do? His RF shoot came out in, what, 2007? That's an age ago.

Anyway, this thread's currently shite according to several complaints about it. So , if it doesn't change from one or two line posts saying "So and So does loads of drugs" to actual tangible content, I'll close it, as 4 (I think) people have already complained about the lack of quality in here.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roddy Piper is often fucked up on shit, even to this day I think. He's either high as a kite or low as fuck, often incoherent. He liked the charlie back in the day.

According to Sheiky Baby, Greg the Hammer was a top gimmick man, A to the Z.

I always regret finding out Davey Boy smoked crack (with Anvil). He seems to have been a party animal and try anything type dude. Even introduced Sunny to fuckin soma's... Ken Patera says Davey Boy and Dynamite each had more steroids in a month than he had in his entire weight lifting career... That's fuckin scary.

Stop using that bollocks KC slang. Just say "He did drugs".
It's Iron Sheik slang which he's said for years, going back to the early 2000's. I love Sheiky Baby and will never stop using his world class patter.

Please? Please do? His RF shoot came out in, what, 2007? That's an age ago.

Anyway, this thread's currently shite according to several complaints about it. So , if it doesn't change from one or two line posts saying "So and So does loads of drugs" to actual tangible content, I'll close it, as 4 (I think) people have already complained about the lack of quality in here.

Wow, only been going for 2 hours and had 33 replies. Surprised it's had several complaints... Seems a bit harsh.... Thought it was quite an interesting topic....

• Moderators

It could be, if it's interesting anecdotes and stuff like that. I've had a look through and most posts are just stuff like "Jeff Gaylord did loads" which I'm sure you'll agree isn't interesting and doesn't add anything.

I'm cool with the subject personally, could be interesting, but let's actually have a non-shit discussion on it.

• Paid Members

Jake drove me from his house back to Luton airport in the lashing rain on the motorway in rush hour, and was smoking crack while driving. I was fucking shitting it. Last thing he seemed to be concentrating on was the road - and he was driving too close to the car in front while turning around & yapping to me.

True story. November 2003.

• Moderators

I do enjoy Jake stories. Nothing beats £500 to watch an hour of Wrestlemania VI.

I spoke to Road Warrior Animal briefly at the last Wales Comic Con, and naturally as anyone would with 5 minutes alone with a multiple champion and Hall of Famer asked him if he had any John Nord tales. And yes, he did. Apparently John Nord and Barry Darsow would go out to Lake Minnetonka in the freezing cold in dingys with a case of beer each. They weren't allowed to leave them until they'd drank their case. For any reason. This could take hours, and so inevitably they ended up in their own piss, and possibly shit, but they both finished their case and went home. Those Minnesota boys can drink. 

I heard stories about Dustin Rhodes liking a drink. Also Shane Douglas I know shane beat his drug addiction but it was apparently really bad. 

No mention of Terry Gordy yet? or Buddy landel who were known for their Herculean drug intake. 

Steve McMicheal and Tank Abbott were known for their drinking.

Regal's book is a fascinating read if you're into these kind of stories. The very first chapter begins with a night shortly after he signed with wwe again in the late 90's where he was sitting on a curb in Blackpool drinking a spirit like a homeless man, it's insane the man who I loved as a kid on TV was doing such things at the time. The book ended with him clean but he did slip up again a few years later (right at a time where he was at a cereer high and looked like he could get a World Title run i may add), I would love to know the truth behind all that.

On a hilarius but very serious side note, in Austin's book he tells how an addiction to Red Bull f*cked him up before his final Mania match with the Rock.

The book about Canadian Stampede, the name escapes me, has lots of British Bulldogs drug related stories. Davey Boy was (still is) my hero but there is no escaping he was a full blown Junkie really.

Archived