The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

• Paid Members

ONLINE DATING UPDATE!

I filled in the eHarmony questionnaire, which took approximately 19 hours. Turns out I have NO MATCHES within a 35 mile radius and I can't go back to increase the radius of search. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned my BNP membership, Chris de Burgh album collection, or profound love of dogging?

I'm off for a tommy tank, a cry and a Pot Noodle.

Edited by Gus Mears

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

A brief update here of the online dating saga that no one on earth is following.

I was talking to a girl about Shakespeare and the messages seemed to be going well. I then attempted to mention than I had recently "played Nick Bottom in a Midsummer Night's Dream. Donkey ears and all".  What I actually did was forget to type the first bit and then wrote "Donkey ears anal"

I only just realised, she hasn't replied and it was two hours ago.

• Paid Members

I've recently joined the Tinder world and it's fairly soul crushing and boring. Just endless small talk with girls who give you pretty much nothing to work with and build up any kind of rapport so I can ask them out. And these are all girls who have messaged ME first. Any tips fellas?

Maybe I need to try different Internet dating options.

• Paid Members

Tinder is shite. It's supposed to be a hook up app yet everyone started using it as a dating app, something which it really isn't suited for because it is based almost entirely off of one picture. You're better off on POF or OKCupid.

• Moderators

I've recently joined the Tinder world and it's fairly soul crushing and boring. Just endless small talk with girls who give you pretty much nothing to work with and build up any kind of rapport so I can ask them out. And these are all girls who have messaged ME first. Any tips fellas?

Maybe I need to try different Internet dating options.

Oh shit. Sorry to hear that.

• Paid Members

Thanks mate. I'm now in the UKFF divorce club. The only advice I can give anyone is if in your in a long term relationship and you know it's not working, don't put the effort into trying to fix it if the other person isn't willing to make the same effort. It'll only lead to bitterness on your part.

Thanks mate. I'm now in the UKFF divorce club. The only advice I can give anyone is if in your in a long term relationship and you know it's not working, don't put the effort into trying to fix it if the other person isn't willing to make the same effort. It'll only lead to bitterness on your part.

True, while we weren't married, I recently went through a similar situation with my ex. Seems to be happening a lot to people I know as well.

Same situation here, she moves out on Monday thankfully. On the bright side, Tinder seems to be working out for me. Got a date with a lovely girl who's into musicals, video games and assorted general nerd wankery. Haven't gauged her opinion on Arn Anderson yet, taking it slow.

• Paid Members

On the bright side, Tinder seems to be working out for me. Got a date with a lovely girl who's into musicals, video games and assorted general nerd wankery.

Date? Talking about your interests? Have I got the wrong end of the stick, I thought the idea of Tinder was people swipe the appropriate direction based on whether the photo makes you think "Would shag" then when you get a match, you meet, you shag?

Or is that just how the people I know that have Tinder use it?