NJPW World

Sphinx

I did enjoy it to be fair but thought it was a tad too much, either way It'll be good to see someone new in the division now Kenny had seemingly moved up the card by a considerable amount.

Oh, did Nakamura ever wrestle over here apart from RPW?

Just a heads-up regarding NJ Cup. Whilst there are more cards on the tour next week, the only NJ Cup matches are Saturday (12/3), which will include Semi's & Final. I thought it was a longer Tournie, but having checked the last couple of years, at least, apparently that isn't & wasn't the case.

Does that mean no Best of Super juniors this year then?

I'd guess they'd do both. Last year the BOSJ's was late May into June so they'll still be a few months between them. They did both in 2009 but the Super J Cup was held in December that year.

Personally only matches worth watching from the NJC have been Ishii's against EVIL (his best match by a mile) and Naito. I did skip Fale/Elgin so maybe that was amazing.

Wonder what happened to these guys

CcwFfeIUYAAnzp-.png

While i'm looking at Ehuhito's twitter

The first Junior title

Cc3X7oFUUAAJvWt.jpg

1st & 2nd IWGP Heavyweight belts

CcIt-hkUkAE7Rbt.jpgCcIt-iKUMAAtA17.jpg

Edited by ultimo the great

• Paid Members

No Best of Super Juniors this year, as far as I can tell. Nothing scheduled for June & it'd be pretty redundant anyway.

There aren't any tour dates announced on the usual sites, other than the tour-ending shows, beyond Road to Dontaku, but that means fuck all and is par for the course. Confirmed dates and venues aren't announced too far in advance other than the G1 schedule. Dominion is announced. Shows will run between Dontaku and Dominion. BOSJ matches will happen on those dates, and Dominion will host the winner challenging for the belt.

It's far from redundant, if you mean that just because there is a Super J Cup this year. BOSJ is a round robin tournament which is New Japan's tournament, usually involving a couple of outsiders, and the winner is made to look a huge deal and their shot at the title comes across as a massive match, arguably the biggest match of the year in that division. Winning the belt at Dominion has "made" several juniors, including Prince Devitt. The Super J Cup is single elimination and has a much stronger interpromotional element. New Japan are the hosts, but its very much cross-promotional whereas BOSJ is theirs.

I'd be surprised if they don't have one this year considering they haven't missed one since 1990.

This.

Edited by air_raid

No Best of Super Juniors this year, as far as I can tell. Nothing scheduled for June & it'd be pretty redundant anyway.

There aren't any tour dates announced on the usual sites, other than the tour-ending shows, beyond Road to Dontaku, but that means fuck all and is par for the course. Confirmed dates and venues aren't announced too far in advance other than the G1 schedule. Dominion is announced. Shows will run between Dontaku and Dominion. BOSJ matches will happen on those dates, and Dominion will host the winner challenging for the belt.

It's far from redundant, if you mean that just because there is a Super J Cup this year. BOSJ is a round robin tournament which is New Japan's tournament, usually involving a couple of outsiders, and the winner is made to look a huge deal and their shot at the title comes across as a massive match, arguably the biggest match of the year in that division. Winning the belt at Dominion has "made" several juniors, including Prince Devitt. The Super J Cup is single elimination and has a much stronger interpromotional element. New Japan are the hosts, but its very much cross-promotional whereas BOSJ is theirs.

I'd be surprised if they don't have one this year considering they haven't missed one since 1990.

This.

Happy to take your word for it. I understood that BoSJ is a New Japan thing, albeit an invitational as well. As KUSHIDA’s the only outstanding homegrown Junior at the moment, presumably either he wins it (same old), an import wins it or one of the rookies takes it. If something else is on the cards, fair enough. Ospreay perhaps? I know nothing about him. Rocky Romero?..no clue why they signed him. All I meant was that if/when BoSJ does take place, in my mind it’s second fiddle to another tournament held on a grander scale. I’ll leave it at that, as my interest isn’t sufficiently great to argue the toss.

Edited by KingofSports

• Paid Members

For context he's the brother of Tama Tonga and they're going to be a tag team. Nothing wrong with a wrestling brother tag team.

The stream today was absolutely shit wasn't it? Part of the charm of NJPW World is that odd show that'll be on at a reasonable time on a reasonable day that you can watch live. I left my stream running on a background tab and it came on just in time for me to find out who won the NJ Cup. Not sure I'll bother now.

Put results and views in spoilers as many will not have watched yet.

Jushin Thunder Liger & Juice Robinson defeated Tiger Mask and Captain New Japan

* Evil & Bushi defeated Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI. Evil pinned Ishii clean

* NJPW Cup Semifinals: Tetsuya Naito defeated Toru Yano

* NJPW Cup Semifinals: Hirooki Goto defeated Michael Elgin

* Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan defeated Ryusuke Taguchi & Katsuyori Shibata

See Also: Bullet Club’s Karl Anderson Talks About Joining The Balor Club, Talks With WWE, Tensai As NXT Coach

* Okada & Sakuraba defeated Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi

* Bullet Club (Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale, Takahashi) defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma when Tonga used the Gun Stun to pin Honma. After the match, Tonga brought out his brother Micah/Camacho.

* NJPW Cup Finals: Tetsuya Naito defeated Hirooki Goto

Sets up Naito for IWGP and I honestly feel he should win to create a new top star, the right man won the trophy. Evil to feud with Ishii and soon to enter the Open Weight title scene. Kojima for the Open Weight title against Shibata, people like Kojima should be used to this as he is still a well known wrestler and successful. Liger vs Tiger Mask, I know it has been done a 100 times before but I still enjoy the matches. It also adds a tag team to the Bullet Club to replace Gallows and Anderson so could bring some fresh title matches.

Edited by westlondonmist