All Time Favourite Feud, And Why?

Liam O'Rourke

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hogan Rock icon Vs icon

It's an incredible match, one of my all time favourites. But it's barely a feud is it?

If i remember correctly apart from the first promo it wasn't much of a build, in fact i think if truth be told WWE never quite realised what they had on their hands until the night

Hogan Rock icon Vs icon

It's an incredible match, one of my all time favourites. But it's barely a feud is it?

If i remember correctly apart from the first promo it wasn't much of a build, in fact i think if truth be told WWE never quite realised what they had on their hands until the night

Hogan crashing a truck into The Rock's ambulance while acting as though he was on a gary the entire time was a good laugh though.

Would have to go with Austin/Bret or USA/Canada from 1996/97. A lesser mentioned one though that I loved so much I made a DVD compilation a few years ago is Savage/Page. Easily the best feud WCW ever booked.

pagesavsm.jpg

Disc 1

Page/Savage Angle [uncensored 16/03/97]

Page Interview [Nitro 17/03/97]

Savage vs. Prince Iaukea (JIP) [Nitro 24/03/97]

Page vs. Lance Ringo [Nitro 31/03/97]

Page vs. Savage [spring Stampede 06/04/97]

Page Interview [Nitro 07/04/97]

Page vs. Konnan (JIP) [Nitro 14/04/97]

Page vs. Psychosis [Nitro 21/04/97]

Page Vignette [Nitro 05/05/97]

Page Interview [Nitro 05/05/97]

Savage Interview [slamboree 18/05/97]

nWo Announcement [Nitro 26/05/97]

Page Interview [Nitro 26/05/97]

Page Vignette [Nitro 02/06/97]

Page/Savage Angle [Nitro 09/06/97]

JJ Dillon Interview [Nitro 09/06/97]

Page vs. Savage [Great American Bash 15/06/97]Disc 2

Savage Interview [Nitro 16/06/97]

Page Interview [Nitro 23/0/97]

Page vs. Scott Hall [Nitro 23/0/97]

Page/Luger/Giant vs. nWo [Nitro 30/06/97]Savage vs. "La Parka" [Nitro 07/07/97]

Page & Hennig vs. Savage & Hall [bash At The Beach 13/07/97]

Savage/Hall Interview [Nitro 25/08/97]

Page Interview [Nitro 25/08/97]

Savage vs. Stevie Richards [Nitro 22/09/97]

Re-cap video [Nitro 29/09/97]

Page vs. Disco Inferno (JIP) [Nitro 29/09/97]

Page vs. Savage [Halloween Havoc 26/10/97]

I don't even have a copy myself now sadly! The match/angle in bold is incredible.

I have a 5 disc comp of that feud.

Bret/Austin maybe just my favorite.

• Paid Members

Another fan of DDP-Savage here, interesting to see you made that comp Rick, I had one under production in my TT days too. It really brought DDP to the fore as someone who could compete with the top names in WCW and they had some class brawls. It sort of existed outside the nWo/WCW bubble aswell even though they were both aligned, Liz and Kimberly added to it too. My favorite thing when I went back and watched the 97 Nitros a few years bacl

Hogan Rock icon Vs icon

Hogan crashing a truck into The Rock's ambulance while acting as though he was on a gary the entire time was a good laugh though.

I reckon they knew from day 1 that Rock would face Hogan at Mania, and there was a build - but it's not in the league of DDP V Savage or Austin V Hart.

First post here after lurking for a year or so, hi everyone. I'll echo one previous shout in this thread and nominated Undertaker vs Kane as my favourite feud, the first years or so at least before it got a bit TOO silly. 

The June 30th 1997 Raw is great as its where Paul Bearer cuts the promo revealing the Undertakers "dark secret" that he supposedly killed his family and after being slapped around later on tells us that the Undertakers "dead" brother is actually still alive. I think the slow burning and intricate story between Paul Bearer, The Undertaker and Kane (the genesis was Summerslam 96 and culminated in its first match nearly two years later at Mania 14) with generous amounts of Vader and Mankind is my favourite thing in wrestling ever.  

People HATED Paul Bearer, best exemplified by the nutter who attacks him on his way to the ring in the aforementioned show! Calling the Undertaker a murdering twat, burning him alive, smashing up his parents graves amongst other things. Great stuff. 

I suppose its because it involves everything I like about the wrestling; exaggerated, colourful, logical (for the most part), a bit daft but completely enjoyable.

I was 10 years old, I was/am a huge Bret Hart fan and Bret vs Owen circa WM 10 had me hooked like nothing else has ever hooked me. I know I was only 10 but they both played their parts just so well. Hart family battles have always been my guilty pleasure (even the Hart Dynasty haha!)

• Paid Members

I loved the Savage vs Jake feud. It was the epitome of wrestling at its best. It had everything, Romance, vengeance, evil and crossed the line at the time.

The snake as a wedding gift, the savage snake bite, the slap to Liz which was really shocking.

It had two incredible wrestlers at the centre of it all, but the one thing I could criticise if anything, was that the pay off seemed like it could have been more.

Regardless, it was insane for its time.

I think the Savage, Flair, Liz angle was brilliant too, but the Savage/Jake feud tops it form me personally.

Archived