"It Should Have Been _______"

Liam O'Rourke

An obvious one, but it should've been a returning Christian who cost Jeff Hardy the championship against Edge and not Matt Hardy. Then we could've got a decent Edge/Christian vs Hardys nostalgia feud instead of the terrible Matt/Jeff feud. 

Christian's ECW run was pretty good though, so at least we got something out of it. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great topic, Booker T shouldnt have had to wait 5 years to win a world title in WWE.

-great start fueding with Rock

-establishing himself within WWE,

-little rub with Austin

- Looked stupid on "The Weakest LInk" which they worked into his character.

-singles match at Mania 18 - Over a shampoo tv advert in Japan.

-entertaining run with Goldust

-eliminates Rock last to win title match at Mania 19

Made a few corrections, though I do agree with you he could of been made to look better.

Also I know I'm the only guy who thinks this, but I loved that Booker T vs. Triple H match. :(

Never seen that WWF Weakest Link so I will have to give it a go.

That Booker v HHH match is a alright match up until the finish. Go back and count how long it takes from HHH to hit the pedigree until the refs hand smacks the mat for the 3. I timed it like the sad bastard I am a few years back and im sure its about 26 seconds.

I'm of the belief that in a alternate reality, Triple H hits the pedigree, pins him immediately, and then there's a huge online uproar about how Triple H didn't sell Booker T's offense up to that point. Personally I didn't have any issue with it, but I can certainly see why others would. 

My primary reason for liking it is for the simple psychology of the match. Triple H works on Booker's legs, Booker goes for the kill, but his leg buckles, allowing HHH to win. It was such simple yet effective story telling. 

The Miz shouldn't have headlined Wrestlemania against Cena. I know he was a bit player and not the selling point of the match, but the fact he has that on his resume is balls. It also makes him look like such a failure now.

The only person I can think who to replace him with is CM Punk. (Just because it's widely known Punk wanted that spot and I can't be bothered to think who else would have been suitable around the time.)

Also really annoys me all the Zigglers/Swaggers who have held the big gold belt. Being a former world champion is supposed to be a big deal, when the quality of former champions on the roster drops, it devalues the current champ

Anyone but Alex Shane for anything in connection with Brit Wrestling.

Also it should of been Geroge Gilette under the mask at the famous Kendo Nagasaki unmasking ceremony in Wolverhampton Civic Hall all those years ago if only Max had had the ability to think through great angles.

Another great moment missed reminded me on the repeat of British Bootcamp this weekend they really should of gone for some Rocco v Hogan Heat to set up a tag match with them partnering Scurl and Spud as it would of sold out anywhere in the UK and given a very very visible news headline and interest on a national level to British Wrestling.

• Paid Members

John Cena and The Rock should have been the only singles opponents considered for a Wrestlemania match with Undertaker post 20-0. They were the only two capable of living up to the standards of the recent streak matches, in quality and stature. I spent all of the Punk build and match fantasising about how much better it would be with them instead, and even moreso this year for the going through the motions build to the completely lifeless Lesnar match.

What a waste.

The Miz shouldn't have headlined Wrestlemania against Cena. I know he was a bit player and not the selling point of the match, but the fact he has that on his resume is balls. It also makes him look like such a failure now.

But who else was there? It's not like we've got some favourites to throw out in biased, half-baked notions of who else could have played that role that year.

The only person I can think who to replace him with is CM Punk.

Lol. If CM Punk had won at WrestleMania 27 and then been battered by Cena at the two pay-per-views after WrestleMania, he wouldn't have had another title shot at Money in the Bank and thus no whinging pseudo-shoots or big title reign. He'd have just left the company in July 2011, probably by taking Mason Ryan's finisher. His legacy would have been the Shit Nexus and playing the filler role at WrestleMania 27 while Rock and Cena sold the show. He would look such a failure now, and his bumlickers would have more to cry about. Miz took the bullet on that event.

But who else was there? It's not like we've got some favourites to throw out in biased, half-baked notions of who else could have played that role that year.

The only person I can think who to replace him with is CM Punk.

Lol. If CM Punk had won at WrestleMania 27 and then been battered by Cena at the two pay-per-views after WrestleMania, he wouldn't have had another title shot at Money in the Bank and thus no whinging pseudo-shoots or big title reign. He'd have just left the company in July 2011, probably by taking Mason Ryan's finisher. His legacy would have been the Shit Nexus and playing the filler role at WrestleMania 27 while Rock and Cena sold the show. He would look such a failure now, and his bumlickers would have more to cry about. Miz took the bullet on that event.

I watched the Punk documentary about the Network, and there's a bit where he says:

"No one can give me a good reason why I didn't main event WrestleMania 27. To me, WrestleMania should be the most over face vs the most over heel..."

Yeah it was though wasn't it.

As good as Punk was, Miz was way more over at that point in time (I think others have said the same on here). His arrogance on that doco really irritated me. As much as a fan as I am of his, Punk doesn't half come across as delusional sometimes. 

Personally I wish Punk did get to co main event WrestleMania 30 vs. Triple H, just so HHH can pedigree him.... wait 30 seconds... then pin him with his hand barely grazing his chest. ;)

• Paid Members

The two didn't have to be mutually exclusive, though, which is what I think people had an issue with; sure, Triple H sold Booker's offence, but going down to a Pedigree hit 26 secs previously, when we've now seen people kicking out of one at WM matches, made Booker look crap, regardless of his legs being worked on. Could've at least fallen on him, make it look like he barely managed the cover, or did it subconsciously.

"I'm of the belief that in a alternate reality, Triple H hits the pedigree, pins him immediately, and then there's a huge online uproar about how Triple H didn't sell Booker T's offense up to that point. Personally I didn't have any issue with it, but I can certainly see why others would. 

My primary reason for liking it is for the simple psychology of the match. Triple H works on Booker's legs, Booker goes for the kill, but his leg buckles, allowing HHH to win. It was such simple yet effective story telling."

The thing that made the Triple H/Booker thing stand out so much was that everyone else seemed to need two or three finishers to be beaten on the night, so the single Pedigree waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit pin finish was pretty flat.

Only said Punk because that's all I could think of at the time, there probably was other people who could have filled the spot as well. The main point was the extremely shit Miz should not be able to say he main evented Wrestlemania because it devalues that honour. If Miz had managed to maintain main event status since that match, rather than dripping down the card, it wouldn't matter. However he has spent most the time being absolute shit and to think he was even considered for that position looks crazy now

Anybody that could've gone in that poisoned chalice spot would've gone downhill the same way Miz did afterwards, to some extent. Punk would've been out of the company four months later, Barrett would've had the same career he's had since, same for Orton or Sheamus (who would've had the added benefit of having had 9387456498 matches each with Cena over the prior two years). And none of them were anywhere near as good as Miz in 2010 anyway, regardless of how far he'd fallen by the end of 2011, or how far he's fallen since.

Your saying the spot was poisoned and talking like Miz was some kind of sacrificial lamb. It only played out that way because WWE decided it would and Miz wasn't good enough to come back from it. Would someone like Triple H, Edge or Orton have suffered in the same way had they been in that position? No they wouldn't. If we are booking with hindsight it could have been Edge/Cena in a title unification/retirement match

Owen should have taken the belt from Hitman instead of Backlund, could have lost it in the exact same way to Diesel the following night, but a little Owen Vs Diesel feud would have been good. Can see the reasoning behind Backlund with him getting the record for the most time between title runs and MSG match against Diesel, but i'm just biased towards Owen.

• Paid Members

Crush should have slammed Yokozuna on the boat.

Why? Not a bad idea but why do you think it would have worked out any better that way?

Owen should have taken the belt from Hitman instead of Backlund, could have lost it in the exact same way to Diesel the following night, but a little Owen Vs Diesel feud would have been good. Can see the reasoning behind Backlund with him getting the record for the most time between title runs and MSG match against Diesel, but i'm just biased towards Owen.

Never really thought owen should have been the man but he would have been perfect for this role. It would have added a great bitterness to his character. I'm not sure how it would work though without his ringside role. Would he just cheat to beat Bret?

Archived