Your Most Watched Match/Matches

NorthSeaTiger

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Savage/Warrior from WM 7, Harts/Demos from SummerSlam 90 and the 1992 Royal Rumble are probably my most watched matches.

They are also my three favourite matches ever hence why this is the case and I will argue for the rest of time that Savage vs. Warrior is the best match there has ever been in pro-wrestling because it's simply the most captivating story ever told between ropes.

Savage/Warrior from WM 7... I will argue for the rest of time that Savage vs. Warrior is the best match there has ever been in pro-wrestling because it's simply the most captivating story ever told between ropes.

No argument here. I watched it many, many times after it happened and I always go back to it in moments of boredom. For me, this match is wrestling.

I must've watched the WrestleMania 16 main event four way 50 times or more over the following year. Loved the bit where Michael thingy from the Green Mile has a go at Shane McMahon, who visibly shits himself for a second before going back to acting dazed. Also liked how The Rock seemed to grab Stephanie right on the tit as he got up to give her the People's Elbow after the match. Babyfaces~.

I used to have a Benoit/Ohtani match downloaded on KaZaA that I used to watch over and over again when I was about 14. The quality of the video was really poor, and the VHS that it was taken from seemed to almost give out at just the moment that Ohtani leapt up for the decisive springboard drop kick. The combination of the video only just keeping playing and Ohtani only just keeping his balance on the rope was great.

Between the time that I stopped trading/recording tapes and the emergence of Youtube I didn't have much scope to re-watch matches, so I don't think it was until Punk/Cena at MITB that I re-watched a match ad nauseum. Still sometimes goes on when I get in bladdered. That and Santino's big score at the end of the 2011 Rumble.

Pretty much any MITB match. still love how after this many matches, there's still something in each one that's new (new to me anyway).

HBK vs Taker, Mania 25 and 26.

Bret vs Bulldog, Summerslam 1992.

Royal Rumble 93 (first PPV I ever saw, recorded it, wore the tape out)

Also watched Shelton Benjamin vs HBK from Raw, where HBK nails Shelton with Sweet Chin Music coming off the top rope, an absolute ton of times. Love that spot.

Mine would probably be:

The 1999 Royal Rumble match- The first Rumble I watched as a kid and i've watched it countless times since.

Wrestlemania X-7- Austin vs The Rock.

No Mercy 2002- Brock vs Undertaker- Hell in the Cell. Probably my favorite match of all time.

Powers of pain and fuji v demolition and hogan v boss man in a cage. I watched them almost daily as a child. As time passed I've watched hart v bulldog from summerslam about 40 times.

Mankind vs Taker (King of the Ring 1996) - Often forgotten match that really delivered in a way no other WWE match ever had at that point in time. Hard hitting and a lot of fun to watch. One of my top matches of all time.

I love the visual of Mankind walking away, hugging a steel chair while his soothing piano exit music played.

Mine would be the first match on the first wrestling tape I ever had: The Midnight Express vs The Southern Boys from The Great American Bash 1990. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen this match but I still rate it as the best tag-team match I've ever seen. It is just fantastic.

Impossible to say for sure, but I certainly have a tonne of matches I recall watching a lot for various reasons. In 1992 I owned only one wrestling tape, it had a match between Bret Hart and the Repo Man. i was a huge Bret fan so I watched that countless times.

If I had to put money on an answer, I'd wager TLC2 from Wrestlemania 17. I probably watched in 20 times the week it happened alone.

Bret Hart Vs. Steve Austin - Wrestlemania XIII Submission Match.

Easily one of the greatest matches of all time.

1989 Royal Rumble Match.

A very underrated Rumble IMO, actually felt like it was truly every man for himself with Demolition starting off and Hogan basically chucking anyone within arms reach, it even had Randy Savage and Arn Anderson briefly team up for an elimination I believe.

It also continued The Mega Powers/Twin Towers feud and planted further seeds for the eventual Mega Powers explosion.

When I first started to watch wrestling, like many others, I only had access to one tape which I pretty much caned for around a year until I blagged my mother to buy my brother, who wasn't really into wrestling, Wrestlemania 6 for his birthday.

It was Survivor Series '88 and the match I was watched the most was the 20-man tag featuring Demolition, The Brain Busters, The Conquistadors, The Bolsheviks and The Rougeaus against Powers of Pain, The Rockers, The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs and The Young Stallions.

A lengthy match with some great teams and, of course, the double-turn at the end. Admittedly, I didn't understand the double-turn initially and I thought that Mr Fuji had become good-guy by turning on Demolition.

• Paid Members

Basically any PPV from 1990-1992 will feature a shedload of matches that are among my most-watched because getting into the wrestling at that time, those shows I watched over and over and over and over and over the way you do when you're a demented kid with no attention span and never get bored of things the way you do as a grown-up, in particular WrestleMania VI and all three Survivor Series from those years. Over the years since I grew up (allegedly) I through SummerSlam 91 on rather regularly because the feelgood one-two-three-four of Hitman, Virgil, Boss Man and LOD all bringing it home for the good guys is amazing. Sometimes I even watch the Match Made In Hell too. If time is of the essence, I make do with just Hitman/Perfect.

Without doubt though the most-watched tape of that era has to be Royal Rumble 1991. On the occasion I get home pissed and just fancy some wrestling before sleep, I stick that tape on. If it's not late or I'm not tired, I'll watch all the way through from Rockers to Sherri to flag-waving Hogan heroics, but sometimes I tap out before the end. My most-watched match simply has to be the Rockers/Orients opener of that show. Many times, that's all I have to watch before being satisfied and dropping off. It's my favourite opening match in the history of pro wrestling.

Archived