WWE Money in The Bank 2014 Discussion

FLips

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Other than Punk, Cena got easily the best match out of Brock's entire run so far.

Corrected. Cena's match with Lesnar was way better than punks, as good as punks was.

I wasn't overly upset with the PPV as a whole, on the pre show it was good to see Bryan return to such an awesome reception but really what he said was pretty much what had been reported already, loved his Bo Leave interaction with Bo Dallas though. As for the PPV I was a little miffed about The Wyatt Family not winning the Tag Titles but that aside it was a good opening match. The Divas Title match was okay, bit weird though as it was obvious they were going down a different route than the usual divas match and it felt more about Cameron by the end of the match than Paige or Naomi, which I know they were trying to plant seeds for the eventual Funkadactyls breakup but there should have been a little more focus on Paige if she won the match then maybe point out about Cameron, they should have done it a little more subtly too and build to it rather than have her almost dancing with joy. As far as Adam Rose and Sandow, I feel so sorry for Sandow, it wasn't too long ago he was the Money in the Bank holder and now he's been demoted to filler in a four minute match which he loses in fancy dress, they've made an absolute joke of a guy I genuinely had high hopes for. The briefcase match was awesome, I was hoping for a BNB or ex-Shield guys win but it was made official in the pre show that BNB was definitely out so either Ambrose or Rollins and I would have been happy with the outcome, plus it was a brilliant match with some awesome spots, the one where Rollins fell onto the ladder from the ladder and basically went head first into the ladder it was balancing on was brutal looking! The Brothers of Dust and Rybaxel was okay, just seemed like a little more filler though but I suppose it is adding to this storyline of Golddust's new (well old) partner (in a new suit and gimmick). Rusev and Big E was actually quite enjoyable, Rusev being speared through the ropes to the outside was a great moment. The Layla and Summer Rae match was okay, I'm guessing it is the finish to their whole feud over Fandango now that he basically made it clear he chose Layla over Summer. I always thought Fandango and Summer looked better together but I suppose they are wanting to do other things with her now. The Title match was interesting as I really did enjoy it, loved Reign's few minutes of running riot, but I always felt it was either going to be Cena or Orton winning. Part of me was hoping all the way through that they'd give us a nice shock and when Bray appeared near the end and took out Orton I found myself shouting in hope but it wasn't to be. I don't really know who would have been the better of the two as one minute I think we were better getting Cena win it but the next minute I find myself thinking maybe Orton would have been the better pick. Either way there were three new guys in the match who I feel would have been great choices to win. Reigns, Bray and Cesaro. Reigns obviously was the one who had a lot of problems with the Authority, Bray was just the absolute wild card and I would have loved the unpredictability of where he would go and what he would do as Champion and Cesaro would have had a brilliant time with Paul Heyman bragging about his new star client, plus his other client who ended the Streak. Instead we get Cena who I'm guessing may feud with the Authority for a bit and then go into a bit of a rivalry with Brock Lesnar. I just hope the new guys (the three I mentioned plus Rollins and Ambrose) who appeared in the MITB matches and really should be getting pushes now don't end up falling away or losing momentum during this period. Obviously I know Rollins won the briefcase and hopefully this will result in a Title run but we all saw what happened with Sandow (and to a lesser extend Ziggler) and I do not want to see Rollins or any of these other guys fall down that route.

• Paid Members

I'm delighted Cena won, as it means we're getting the return match of one of finest bouts ever. It also means they've still got a bit of sense about them and realised anybody not called Cena or Orton were nowhere near ready for the title, especially when there is plenty of TV and money to be made in the chases. Reigns will be the bloke, but they've now got months and months to heat him up further, rather than rush anything. They've got something with Reigns, but they've got to be careful.

The Money In The Bank show has developed into one of the highlights of the year. This was probably the worst one, though. Standards are of course very high for this show, but bar the briefcase match and the tag opener, everything seemed a bit below par.

Like Pitcos said a page back, the Cena v Lesnar match has a lot of fortuitous storytelling they can use from their previous classic; Cena is one man that has beaten the beast, but he sustained the biggest mauling of his career and very nearly had his arm ripped off, even saying he needed time off post-match - that man that lives by "Never Give Up" very nearly did. It's a blockbuster of a match and creates far more interesting scenarios than Reigns or Cesaro or Wyatt winning the two titles.

Shame the Rusev v Big E match wasn't any good. The one they had last month was great for what it was. On every level, Lana is tremendous.

Rollins winning is good solid storytelling by WWE. He turned on The Shield for this sort of thing and Ambrose came out of this looking like a valiant babyface that still has reason to seek revenge from his nemesis. I'm enjoying this and hopefully they can keep it going until Summerslam, where Ambrose will finally get his redemption. It's really easy to root for Ambrose, at the minute, which is a good sign WWE are doing well by him.

• Paid Members

I thought this was a solid PPV. The briefcase match was a huge amount of fun, a couple of the other matches were entertaining (I enjoyed Paige's match a lot more than I was expecting) and the rest was fine. It did what it needed to do.

I'm not wild about Ambrose vs Kane, but if it's just keeping Ambrose and Rollins apart for a while, letting them build more, I'm fine with it. I'm loving this feud so far. My hope is that Rollins cashes in on Cena but Ambrose costs him the match.

^ Please use paragraphs.

Duke is right. Cena vs Lesnar is the best match Lesnar's ever had. One of the best that Cena's ever had as well.

Better than Lesnar/Undertaker's Hell in a Cell match from No Mercy 2002?

I'd say it was much much better than that.

• Paid Members
I think its evident that WWE have very little faith in guys like Wyatt, Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns.

Utter bollocks. Every one of those names has been put into a higher profile position and is in a better spot than they were 6 months ago. Just because none of them are winning the belt out of the blue doesn't mean WWE have "very little faith in them," I really don't see how you can justify saying that.

Love him or hate him, John Cena is WWEs go to guy, the dependable, tried and tested guy who WWE can count on. With CM Punk and Daniel Bryan out the picture WWE turned to Cena instead of taking a gamble on they above mentioned wrestlers.

You've just defeated (what I think is) your own argument. They can count on him, and any of the newer guys winning would have represented a gamble - why gamble when you don't have to? John Cena was the logical choice for champion, the only reason to go against that logic would have been surprise for the sake of it.

Rollins did win the briefcase but he doesn't give off a World Champion feel to me and i fear WWE who are clutching at straws at the minute may feel the same.

So, to conclude, your post starts by suggesting that WWE have "very little faith" in Rollins, despite the fact he just won the briefcase, and ends with the idea that they gave him the briefcase despite being convinced he isn't up to it? Huh???

If there was someone they wanted to have the briefcase more than Rollins, they would have booked a one-on-one match to crown a new champion and had a more "main event" field for the MITB match to put the briefcase on one of the more established guys, or not had a briefcase ladder match at all and just referred to the title ladder match as the titular "Money In The Bank" match. They didn't.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed it. I treated it as a 4 match show and skipped everything else. The MITB for the case was superb. RVD gets some stick (and deserves it) but you've got to give him credit for putting his body on the line to that extent at this point in his career. Some really unique stuff in a match we've seen a million times now. Only bit that I found hokey was Kingston's initial climb up the ladder. This guy is fucking Spiderman. And 30 seconds into the match he's climbing the ladder like your Grandad trying to get into the loft.

If they use Kane properly to drag out Rollins vs. Ambrose for SummerSlam, I think this will serve its purpose beautifully.

Tag match was a cracking opener and was the only result that surprised me. Big E. vs. Rusev was really good again. That camel clutch was absolutely brutal. My back hurts just thinking about it. Much better promo from Big E. They obviously want him to do the preacher stuff. It works better when it doesn't sound like he's cumming throughout.

RVD gets some stick (and deserves it) but you've got to give him credit for putting his body on the line to that extent at this point in his career.

Raw spoiler.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

And on Raw as well, he had an exciting match with Seth. His selling made Seth's offence look brilliant, in particular the curb stomp. I can see that move looking shit when other people sell it.

• Paid Members
Duke is right. Cena vs Lesnar is the best match Lesnar's ever had. One of the best that Cena's ever had as well.

Better than Lesnar/Undertaker's Hell in a Cell match from No Mercy 2002?

That's my favourite match ever, Cena Lesnar was an awesome match though, it felt so different it was like a breath of fresh air at the time.

I liked the PPV, the right guys won I guess, It's really easy to stick the title on Cena but I get even more worried about the "young guys" being given a title/title shot too soon rather than being held back, I think it can be worse for them in the long run (see Ryback). so now we know Rollins has to get the title in a year or look like one of the only twats who can't get it done after getting the briefcase, hope he can pull it off.

So glad everyone's talking about Brock coming back, I hope he has a good run and gets the title like people have been predicting, I'd like to see him fight someone he hasn't fought but the only person on his level is Bryan really and he's not around. I'm sure him and Cena will have a great match anyway.

I couldn't believe the spot with the ladder standing at an angle resting on the other ladder going through it with Cesaro and Sheamus on top of it, it was crazy.

Kofi's hop onto the top rope was mad too. The Money in the Bank match was great, happy RVD and Ziggler each got an opportunity to look dominant too.

It seems odd complaining about the other matches on the card being crap on the PPV, all the main eventers and upper midcarders were in the ladder matches so it doesn't leave much scope for other matches that don't look like they should be on Raw.

Archived