WWE Money in The Bank 2014 Discussion

FLips

• Paid Members

God forbid they pull the trigger on anyone. If Dean Ambrose ends up feuding with the kiss of death that is Kane, you may as well kiss all his momentum goodbye too.

Could have been a decent PPV but was completely marred by shocking results and potentially poor outcomes.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine anyone over the age of fifteen being shocked by any of the results, with the possible exception of the Usos retaining the tag titles in their thousandth match against Harper and Rowan. Cena and Rollins winning the ladder matches wouldn't have shocked anyone, they were incredibly predictable. Because they made by far the most sense. And Ambrose spending a month eliminating Kane so he can get his hands on Rollins is nothing to cry about.

The Money in the Bank match was cracking. I actually thought Kofi had a shot at one point. Main event was fairly weak, I thought (especially considering the talent involved), but not too bad. Divas match tried hard to be different, but poorly executed because of the weak talent involved. Tag title match was the same one we see from these four every time. I didn't like Big E vs Rusev as much as last month. The rest of the card should have been nowhere near a PPV.

All in all, a mediocre show that achieved nothing besides one really good match, and putting pieces into place for the future with the ladder match results.

At a guess, I think he meant 'shocking' in the colloquial sense of 'fucking shite' rather than genuinely shite.

And, he's got a point.

I'm not going to be one of those nobs who passes judgment on a show he didn't watch, but Jesus, reading the results is uninspiring. I don't actually know if WWE is on its arse at the minute, but it feels to me like it is. And these results don't exactly improve things.

I can't be arsed with this shower anymore.

• Paid Members
I know its not "cool" to dislike cena, but fuck me do we need him with the belts again?

You're more likely to be looking forward to Cena vs Lesnar, something with which I have no qualms at all.

Precisely. "Need" is actually the exact word I would have used. They need a big match to sell SummerSlam, and that match is Cena v Lesnar.

• Paid Members
You're more likely to be looking forward to Cena vs Lesnar, something with which I have no qualms at all.

That's a match that loses value being for the belts though, unless Lesnar decides to do every PPV between Summerslam and Wrestlemania. We'll either have John Cena beating the man who ended The Undertaker's streak in his first match back, or we'll have a champion who's there less than Daniel Bryan.

Are we really supposed to believe Seth Rollins could cash in on Lesnar? Even if Lesnar was knocked out cold in a pool of his own blood and guts, I wouldn't believe Seth could take him for a second.

Or Lesnar wins the belt in August, defends it in September, and loses it in October... Which are all coincidentally the months that are most important for network membership renewals, and thus the shows that need the special attractions on. It's stupid to think he's just going to swan off with the belt for six months.

• Moderators

Yep, I could swear I read somewhere they were thinking of using a lot of his dates in the autumn because of the network. I'd have no problem with Cena > Lesnar > Bryan > Rollins

• Paid Members
Or Lesnar wins the belt in August, defends it in September, and loses it in October... Which are all coincidentally the months that are most important for network membership renewals, and thus the shows that need the special attractions on. It's stupid to think he's just going to swan off with the belt for six months.

Lesnar is the spiritual holder of the The Streak, so having him hold the belt is a complete risk because it means his big first loss is going to happen on some random B-PPV unless they have him knock about until November with it for Survivor Series, but that's not even that big a deal anymore.

And unless it's Wyatt, Reigns or Cesaro beating him for it, then why even bother?

EDIT: Or Bryan as has been pointed out.

• Moderators

It doesn't matter if it's at a B-PPV as they used to be anymore as no-one's buying them and cable companies are taking WWE PPV off their carriages anyway. All PPVs are just PPVs now with the network.

Lesnar is the spiritual holder of the The Streak, so having him hold the belt is a complete risk because it means his big first loss is going to happen on some random B-PPV unless they have him knock about until November with it for Survivor Series, but that's not even that big a deal anymore.

And unless it's Wyatt, Reigns or Cesaro beating him for it, then why even bother?

Because WWE's business isn't just placating people on forums by pushingdayoungguyz. Their business is selling stuff, and getting people to not cancel their WWE network subscriptions. Which means loading up the events the months that the majority of subscriptions come around for renewal. Survivor Series is nowhere near as important as Night of Champions and Hell in a Cell, which are about as far from "random B-PPV" as you can get. SummerSlam, Night of Champions and Hell in a Cell are the most important shows they have this year besides WrestleMania.

I think its evident that WWE have very little faith in guys like Wyatt, Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns. Giving the to Cena again is showing that WWE are ultimately reluctant to really put their weight and trust behind those guys. Love him or hate him, John Cena is WWEs go to guy, the dependable, tried and tested guy who WWE can count on. With CM Punk and Daniel Bryan out the picture WWE turned to Cena instead of taking a gamble on they above mentioned wrestlers. WWE cant rely on Cena forever but i can understand WWE reluctance to give the title to a new face as it hasn't worked out so well in the past, they pulled the trigger on Daniel Bryan and he got injured, CM Punk has walked out, Dolph Ziggler got injured i believe and Alberto Del Rios title run didn't exactly set the world on fire. If doubt turn to Cena but what happens when one Cena he isn't there to pick up the ball, wth Daniel Bryan perhaps now a liability and CM Punk gone, WWE is one day going to be forced to rely on these up and comers but with Cena, Lesnar, Orton and to a lesser extent Triple H still knocking around i cant see it being anytime soon. Rollins did win the briefcase but he doesn't give off a World Champion feel to me and i fear WWE who are clutching at straws at the minute may feel the same. With the possible return of Daniel Bryan and CM Punk in the coming year, the same year the briefcase contract lasts it remains to be seen if Rollins can rise to they occasion.

Archived