Improvised Finishes on the Fly

Direct Impact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question is : which is more kayfabe-breaking - Taz's insider jargon or being able to hear Jeff Hardy's thoughts during "live" backstage skits?

Question is : which is more kayfabe-breaking - Taz's insider jargon or being able to hear Jeff Hardy's thoughts during "live" backstage skits?

One has got a certain amount of movie-esque artistic licence. One is fucking stupid.

• Paid Members

Not sure why anyone's surprised - they've done it before. I remember a few occasions when both Tenay and Tazz have said it.

Feeling a bit stupid, but what exactly does it mean? I thought it was a reference to when a wrestler fucks up and calls a move that gets caught on camera/mike, and/or by the crowd.

• Paid Members
An audible is when one wrestler (or referee via their ear-piece) calls for the wrestlers to deviate from the planned script, usually at the end of a match. Essentially the definition of this thread.

Ah, thanks! I think it was the use of the term "audible" that rather threw me.

• Moderators

It's a term from American Football. When they call a change to the play on the field because they see something in the way the other team is lining up that they need to react to.

Using that, I can see how you can cover this within kayfabe.. simply saying that he tried to put him through the table using the swanton, it didn't work so he called a new play.

I don't think it's that big a deal.

• Paid Members
It's a term from American Football. When they call a change to the play on the field because they see something in the way the other team is lining up that they need to react to.

Using that, I can see how you can cover this within kayfabe.. simply saying that he tried to put him through the table using the swanton, it didn't work so he called a new play.

I don't think it's that big a deal.

Just what I was going to say. I've heard it repeatedly in American TV as just meaning "having to change the plan". And when I heard it in this context I think that's all tazz was meaning

Archived