Improvised Finishes on the Fly

Direct Impact

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not (had a quick look) but did anyone mention the Judgment Day Iron Man match finish? The one where Taker came out and they had to take the timer off the screen because he actually hit the DQ'ing tombstone AFTER the time limit had actually transpired?

Didn't the buzzer give the game away, though? Right fuck up.

Undertaker hit the Chokelsam before the Tombstone anyway, so the DQ would of been for that surely?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Undertaker hit the Chokelsam before the Tombstone anyway, so the DQ would of been for that surely?

I've just watched it in YouTube, and yes ; the Chokelsam was delivered both before the buzzer actually sounded AND before the on-screen timer would have reached zero.

Although referee Shawn Michaels may not have been in the ring to see the Chokelsam, he definitely saw Taker in the ring and with his hands on Hunter before the buzzer, although given that Vince and DX had been in the ring, I always thought it was a harsh call. But then, that was the point ; to imply maybe Michaels had ensured his buddy won, but for there to be ambiguity.

There was a Mr Anderson vs Bully Ray match at BFG a couple of years back.

It was falls count anywhere I think, and the finish was supposed to be a swanton through a table outside the ring. Ken overshot so only the back of his head hit Bully, and the table didn't break, so he quickly got up and Mic Checked him through it.

Which was fine, and they may have even got away with it except...

Fucking Tazz on commentary says "he just called an audible, sometimes you have to call an audible!"

Just saw this for the first time. Well played Tazz.

Archived