What would you do with...

King Pitcos

Stemming from the Dolph Ziggler discussion in the Smackdown thread, give us some of your ideas for what you'd do to give purpose to some of the roster who don't really do anything substantial. There are loads of them. ShortOrderCook's fratboy stable is a good example of it.

I'll start off with Brodus Clay. I'd make him a Kenny Powers type character. Walking around convinced he's on the cusp of world title stardom, but can't even get a match on Raw most of the time. Give him a Stevie as well. Ryder, JTG or Yoshi Tatsu. You could cast Ryder in the Kenny role as well, but I don't think he could pull it off as well as Brodus could.

I'd start the Prime Time Players on the road to a reunion as well. Not yet, but in a few months. They're at their best in that Edge & Christian/Bad Influence type role in backstage bits than they're likely to be in singles. Give Titus a bit of a solo run with wins over the lower card, and have him bump into Young backstage and brag about how he's doing better since the split. They have a match, and Titus dishes out an almighty beating with a decent spot (something big enough to make people not just sit on their hands), but Young won't stay down. Eventually leads to Titus making the save when 3MB or someone are giving Darren a hiding one week. Emotional reunion, then arsing around in backstage skits with the Rhodes brothers and Rybaxel in no time. They could feud with Brodus Clay and his mate.

I think Cody Rhodes could do with a new lick of paint later on in the year. Cody and Goldust were fantastic when they were face to face with the authority but there is only so much they can offer in filler matches. Cody flipping out on Goldust (after a wonderful Intercontinental championship win) in the summer turning him in to a bitter variation on his 2011 mask wearing character leading in to a long violent feud between the brothers culminating in the 'mid card' Hell in a Cell match on the October pay per view could do a lot for both guys as they bring the goods when there is something on the line.

• Paid Members

I'd have Bo Dallas grow a shite beard and have him dress like a scruff and put him with the Wyatts. They could do with a grinning loon who has a psychotic edge to him like the Hitchhiker from Texas Chain Saw Massacre. A bloke who the viewer could do "I couldn't beat the other three, but I'd love to smack that little cunt". The fact Bo and Bray have the same smile would be quite unsettling as well.

• Paid Members

I've been saying for years that Kofi and Justin Gabriel should be stuck together as a high-flying, colourful babyface tag team. I'd still welcome it. Is Gabriel still about?

I think Brodus was placed well as Del Rios bodyguard. I'd go back to that and along with that have Del Rio as a mafiaso style boss of his own stable. You could use his stable for other floundering talent, maybe stick JTG in there as well and have him team with Brodus as an occasional tag team. Have them target Los Matadores and have Del Rio looking to recruit them and turn them to his evil ways.

I've been saying for years that Kofi and Justin Gabriel should be stuck together as a high-flying, colourful babyface tag team. I'd still welcome it. Is Gabriel still about?

I think Brodus was placed well as Del Rios bodyguard. I'd go back to that and along with that have Del Rio as a mafiaso style boss of his own stable. You could use his stable for other floundering talent, maybe stick JTG in there as well and have him team with Brodus as an occasional tag team. Have them target Los Matadores and have Del Rio looking to recruit them and turn them to his evil ways.

Bourne & Gabriel as a tag team for me.

WWE tried Gabriel & Tyson Kidd as a team but didn't really work out.

I'd put Kidd, Gabriel and Bourne all together as a high-flying trio and just have them feud with 3MB endlessly on Superstars, I think. But that's no better than what they're doing now.

I'd do something similar with Del Rio as ShortOrderCook, but without involving Brodus Clay. I'd have him use Hunico and Camacho as his main backup, and decide he's on a mission to win the titles he hasn't won yet to add to the Del Rio legacy. This would take place over the course of six months or so to a year, and end up with him winning (and losing) the tag titles and either IC or US, then failing to beat Big E or Roman Reigns or whoever to complete the set. Possibly winning all the minor titles then going after Bryan for the WWE World, because technically Del Rio's never held that. Then Bryan beats him in a title vs career match, and he becomes a manager and road agent. Like Ted DiBiase after 1993.

• Paid Members

I'd take Zack Ryder, I'd shave his head, put him in black trunks, give him a manager and present him as a serious wrestler.

Now for Kofi Kingston I'd put him in black trunks, give him a manager and shave his head, so he could be a serious ass kicker.

As for Christian I'd give him a manager, put him in black trunks and, this is important, shave his head, so hsd be taken seriously

I'd do something similar with Del Rio as ShortOrderCook, but without involving Brodus Clay. I'd have him use Hunico and Camacho as his main backup, and decide he's on a mission to win the titles he hasn't won yet to add to the Del Rio legacy. This would take place over the course of six months or so to a year, and end up with him winning (and losing) the tag titles and either IC or US, then failing to beat Big E or Roman Reigns or whoever to complete the set. Possibly winning all the minor titles then going after Bryan for the WWE World, because technically Del Rio's never held that. Then Bryan beats him in a title vs career match, and he becomes a manager and road agent. Like Ted DiBiase after 1993.

So you would move him down the card to move him back up the card and then retire him?

I think they missed a trick with him as a face. Shortly before his abrupt turn I had the idea of using Rodriguez to initiate it. Have some big dudes pick on him, Alberto sticks up for him turning face in the progress. Then have a load of training montages where Alberto gets Ricardo in ring shape, leading to a run with the tag titles. They did a watered down version of that in the end without the training montages, which would have been the best bit. They could have even got a mariachi band to do cover eye of the tiger.

I like Duke's idea but think those three would be better as a bald black trunks serious stable with a manger.

I would have Kofi Kingston amp up his "goody goody sparkly smile" act to 11, and have the commentators talk about the "new, dark, aggressive attitude" of Kofi. I would push the shit out of this until crowds turn on an oblivious Kofi, making him a Bo Dallas-esque heel with delusions that people like him. Over time, I'd be stripping away every crowd pleasing bit of offense he possesses.

• Paid Members

I'd bring back David Otunga and have him adopt Titus O'Neill as a project like Lord Steven Regal did with Bobby Eaton in WCW.

I'd have Otunga trying to make O'Neill more educated, a few comedy vignettes of that kind, and then I don't know what I'd do with them both after that but I just want to see Otunga taking O'Neill to a Harvard library and trying to teach him about the inner workings of the law.

• Paid Members

Post-Cesaro, I would have the evil Zeb Colter create a stable of "real Americans". Colter is one of the most underutilized gimmicks on the roster, as there is a lot of potential in that character. It very nearly made a Del Rio feud interesting that one time leading to Wrestlemania.

I'd fill the group up with big bastards like Brodus Clay, Ryback and Big Show too. You can have an on going feud with Cesaro where he throws them about, enhancing his "Swiss Superman" gimmick. At the very least you can have them smack about the likes of The Miz and co, leading to a more substantial story with Cena or Bryan.

• Paid Members
I'd put Kidd, Gabriel and Bourne all together as a high-flying trio and just have them feud with 3MB endlessly on Superstars, I think. But that's no better than what they're doing now.

I like all of that. With 6 mans being all the rage these days in WWE and the awesome matches they've delivered i'd like to see them continue and it'd be cool to have more permanent trios together for the Wyatts to face instead of just put together teams. A high-flying babyface unit would fit nicely I reckon. Those 3 sound good, but I maybe wouldn't bother with Bourne and use Neville instead and play off the international flavour of the team. Call them International Airstrike or something less shit. Del Rio with Hunico and Camacho could fit in the 6 man scene too. I like Del Rio looking to complete his legacy and don't think that would demote him at all, more bring a little purpose and significance to the wasted belts.

I think they missed a trick with him as a face. Shortly before his abrupt turn I had the idea of using Rodriguez to initiate it. Have some big dudes pick on him, Alberto sticks up for him turning face in the progress. Then have a load of training montages where Alberto gets Ricardo in ring shape, leading to a run with the tag titles. They did a watered down version of that in the end without the training montages, which would have been the best bit.

I thought that too. Around the time they did his turn was when The Shield would arrive and fuck up someone alone in the ring. I envisioned them doing this with Ricardo, only for Del Rio to make the save and then having a tag feud developing with Del Rio and Ricardo eventually dethroning The Shield for the tag belts late summer.

I'd bring back David Otunga and have him adopt Titus O'Neill as a project like Lord Steven Regal did with Bobby Eaton in WCW.

I'd have Otunga trying to make O'Neill more educated, a few comedy vignettes of that kind, and then I don't know what I'd do with them both after that but I just want to see Otunga taking O'Neill to a Harvard library and trying to teach him about the inner workings of the law.

Yes! That's the sort of thing wrestling doesn't do enough of.

So you would move him down the card to move him back up the card and then retire him?

Yep. I'd rather retire him now than keep him hovering around the main event perpetually, but I'd give moving him down the card to work in new feuds a go first. And I don't think anyone deciding they want to hold every belt has been done before. Maybe Kurt Angle in 2000 when he was trying out new tag partners for a couple of weeks?

• Paid Members

Yes! That's the sort of thing wrestling doesn't do enough of.

WWE doesn't do enough proper comedy these days. I reckon these two would gel beautifully.

Archived