Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Originals > WWE Beyond the Ring.

You'll then have to scroll down as it's in release date order -- True Story of WrestleMania is dated January1, 2010.

Ah, the release date order thing is why I couldn't find it. Thanks mate.

I watched Wrestlemania Today, and it is effective at hyping Wrestlemania. It fleshes out the characters, their motivations and the stories well. Notably, the Bella Twins VT actually made me give a shit about a nothing-match that will be given 2 minutes and be met with near-silence at the show.

If Wrestlemania Today were trimmed down, it'd be excellent.

Edited by Vice

Yep, just like last year WrestleMania Today has me pumped about the show now, in this brilliantly marky way. Nothing is really properly analyzed, uncovered or up for proper critique which is oddly refreshing. You're basically just watching hours of fictional boxing hype vignettes. 

• Paid Members

The brilliance of Renee Young was sure highlighted following Michael Cole's WrestleMania Today effort. Not that Cole was totally terrible, but with Renee it's all a little more polished, fun and seems way more spontaneous.

Corey Graves is pretty, but he's easily the worst part of the show.

Anyway, as others have typed, the show does a decent job hyping 'Mania.

Just watched me some Barry Windham vs Too Cold Scorpio for the NWA title from 1993... Underdog Scorpio was made to look a massive threat, hitting loads of big, flashy moves on the champion, only for Windham to keep kicking out by a whisker, surviving the storm and ultimately winning. The match did a load for both guys. Awesome and effective simplicity.

If it was the Clash one, I just watched that show recently myself, and aye, it was a cracking match. Like you'd expect anything less from those two, mind...

That whole show was fantastic btw, with that, the 6 man, and Flairs return in the 2/3 falls match. Hell, Regal even managed to drag a good match out of Buff. After the Jan 92 one, that summer 93 Clash may have been my fave from all the 20 or so I rewatched earlier this year.

Sad to think of all that unfilled potential between those two. Their careers were so underwhelming, relative to their talent.

I watched Wrestlemania Today, and it is effective at hyping Wrestlemania. It fleshes out the characters, their motivations and the stories well. Notably, the Bella Twins VT actually made me give a shit about a nothing-match that will be given 2 minutes and be met with near-silence at the show.

If Wrestlemania Today were trimmed down, it'd be excellent.

To be fair, that crowd will go barmy for Paige & AJ, during the entrances at least

• Paid Members

Line-up of new programming announced today:

April: Too Hot For TV with Jerry Springer (despite the name, it's just Springer doing themed shows of clips of old WWE stuff)

April 6: Jericho Podcast with Cena (may be first in a series)

May: Unfiltered with Renee Young (short videos where she talks to wrestlers/celebs about stuff they aren't famous for)

May: Swerved (Some kind of prank show with the guy behind Jackass)

June: Culture Shock with Cory Graves (short videos where he goes to tattoo parlors and comic shops)

June: The List (Countdown without the Countdown)

Autumn: Diva Search

Late in year: Camp WWE (Seth Green cartoon about WWE characters as kids)

They'll also be doing new episodes of WWE 24, Countdown and Rivalries, a one-off on Mayweather-Big Show (likely an extended version of the WrestleMania rewind) to cash in on the Pacquiou fight), plus adding Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n Wrestling.

They also say the total VOD library will expand from 3,000 to 4,000 hours, and the graphic yesterday hinted this will be TV stuff from the Attitude era.

• Paid Members

Glad to see they are investing in new programming but would rather see more WWE/Wrestling centric stuff like Legends House or more Roundtables. Austin must have turned down that interview offer if they had to get Jericho in.

• Paid Members

Missed a big one which is that the NXT Takeover specials are going monthly.

Love NXT and won't say no to more original wrestling content on the Network but don't see this as a good thing. Surely the quality of these shows and the pacing of the storylines will only suffer from it.

Missed a big one which is that the NXT Takeover specials are going monthly.

Ooh..!

Camp WWE and Swerved might, might be watchable... the rest sounds like pretty much a waste of time.

And I think they've already shot their load with the "podcast" thing. Triple H and especially Vince are people you rarely if ever see interviewed like that. Who cares about hearing what Cenabot has to say about anything?!