Car chases

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

The reason I say bad ones as well was because of this one I happened across on YouTube the other day from an obscure 1984 action film called The Fix. It's absolutely amazing, you seriously have to watch this:-

As far as good ones are concerned, I can't find the fantastic one from Race With The Devil anywhere online but I can find the absolutely amazing one from The Seven Ups by way of a nice runner-up:-

By the way, don't just put something like "Bullitt" and then put a link to the fucking thing, say something about it or don't bother posting at all.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The one in The French Connection, which is just a brilliant film full stop, is incredible precisely because he's chasing a train. Gene Hackman is amazing in that whole scene, rarely have I been more scared of someone in a film than I was of him when I first saw that. Completely out-of-control and then SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

he compounds it all by shooting the suspect in the back.

• Paid Members
, has a cracking car chase

Helicopters, Trains, Dukes of Hazzard style countryside, vengeful yet dim cops and a hideous coloured car. Brilliant stuff

That's not actually a car chase it's just loads of bits of the films in a montage. The film has a few good set pieces but not really a stand out set piece chase. Also it's got Susan George in it. She can fuck off.

That's not actually a car chase it's just loads of bits of the films in a montage. The film has a few good set pieces but not really a stand out set piece chase. Also it's got Susan George in it. She can fuck off.

Fair does, it's me I've had no sleep in about a week, or feels like it. just assumed was the lot, didnt watch it before linked

Here's the chase in full '

Totally agree with the Susan George thing. But I like the chase, even if others don't.

What did you do pat, just type 'car chase' into YouTube and paste the most obscure one you could see?

No, Chest I didnt.

Jaquie Du Creed, used to run the 'impossible' bike stall where the bike would turn one way and go the other. my Nan and Gramps got gassing ro after recognising who it was 'local celebrity/World Famous Stunt Women etc' and she recommended a few films to watch. This was one of them. All I can remember from it, and not very well it would appear is the car chase.

Rather than go straight in with Ronin, or The Bourne Identity or similar, thought Id go with something else. I would have suggested the end of Hooper, cos that's excellent, but isnt really a chase, more of a showcase of how many stunts Hal Needham could cram into something involving a Trans-Am escaping an Earthquake.

Cheers

• Paid Members
Rather than go straight in with Ronin, or The Bourne Identity or similar, thought Id go with something else.

What's wrong with going straight in with Ronin?

All three car chases in that film are excellent, especially the final one which is regarded as one of the greatest car chases of all time?

Don't belittle my choices because yours was so cack!

• Paid Members

Sadly I can't find it on YouTube but the second chase scene from Terminator 2 is my favorite. Where the T-1000 is after them in a helicopter and they are in a Riot van. The way the sound effects meld perfectly with the soundtrack and the epic hard hitting stunts is incredible. Best bit is when he gets John Connor to drive and Arnie jumps on the front of the truck and empties an M16 directly into the T-1000's face at point blank range.

Sigh...they don't make 'em like they used to. I'm looking forward to The Raid 2 as apparently that has an epic car chase in it.

• Paid Members

There's a cracking car chase scene from Taxi (the original French version, not the one with fucking Queen Latifah) that's absolute carnage. It's not full of intense drama unlike some mentioned in here, but it's pretty funny because of the endless amount of cack Peugeot cop cars that just end up flying into a massive pile.

The final car chase from the first Taxi is also good purely for the brilliant way it ends- excellent visual.

Archived