Car chases

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Sodding hell, pat, can you go and post your utter balls somewhere else.

PunkStep - the Taxi films are good fun, aren't they? Some great chases in those. I actually saw Taxi 2 at the cinema before I'd seen the first one and I actually prefer it even though Marion Cotillard doesn't do a full frontal in it this time.

The car chase from The Rock is pretty underrated, I think - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAhqcWuNB30

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Great choice from Gladders - Race with the Devil is a really underrated film, and really shit me up as a kid.

It really freaked me out when I watched it. It was on BBC 2 as part of the Alex Cox hosted Moviedrome, can still remember watching it. Don't think I've seen it since then and that must be 20 years ago. On a side note Moviedrome may be the series that starting my obsession with films, especially horror. There was some fantastic stuff on there.

I really liked the one in

As well as the usual weaving in and out of other cars in a high speed chase, I loved the added element of other cars being released from the car-transporting lorry in front of them and rolling or bouncing into and over other cars on the motorway. I'd never seen something like that before but it seems like such an obvious idea for a cool chase.

Good comedy interspersed through too with Burnett's reaction to the cars they were narrowly missing and when he accidentally shoots Lowry's dashboard.

The Driver has a couple of great chases in it (that's essentially what the film is about), here's the cop one:

For all the hype over Drive, it's very clearly a complete rip-off of this film.

Edit: just watched it for the first time in ages, fucking hell his expression doesn't change throughout! Also, no music. Very effective directing.

Do car crashes count? I like the crashes in the Jason Bourne movies - having been in many crashes myself they feel quite realistic - just without the painful injuries.

Never been in a car chase though.

I love the milk float "speed" episode from Father Ted.

One of the matrix films has a good car chase - I think there were some weirdy twins in it as well.

Archived