Ultimate Warrior in the Hall of Fame 2014

IronSheik

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Papa Shango should induct warrior as an apology for all the voodoo shit he did to him :laugh:

Or Bobby Heenan should after all the lovely things he said about him in the self destruction dvd (Quick someone talk about the self destruction dvd before the ultimate collection comes out and wwe pretend like it never happened :rolleyes: )

How about Christian? Even on the Self-Destruction dvd (which was a total burial Job) he was very respectful and complimentary of Warrior and even did a little tribute to his classic "cockpit door" Promo.

Not the biggest person to do it in terms of star power but he's someone the current audience knows and there's no issue of any bad blood like there seems to be with just about everyone else.

My outside guess for his inductor would be Mike Tyson, I might be remembering wrongly but I seem to recall Tyson mentioning being a fan before. Either way, they could tie it in with Tyson's younger wild ways being similar to Warrior.

Plus it would be better commercially having him than someone like Honky Tonk Man, similar to what Ian was saying about Lawler being given Shatner instead.

What does everyone reckon was the reason behind Warrior's huge change of heart in regards to the WWE and the HoF?

He went through a stage of not even wanting to talk about wrestling (more interested in the 'conservative' speaker stuff and great books of the Western world), to talking about it a lot but in a very negative way, to really softening up and saying nice things about even Vinny Mac.

I would point to a number of potential factors behind this huge turnaround:

1. His daughters are now old enough to appreciate the career he had (I think it was only last year he showed them the WM6 match for the first time). He wants to show them just how much of an impact he made and make them proud of their Dad.

2. After shunning wrestling conventions for years, he finally decided to try a few out of curiosity and was extremely touched and humbled by the massive turnouts and hardcore fans (with grown men breaking down in tears and UW tattoos galore). He realized it would be ridiculous not to embrace his legacy more and have it recognized officially.

3. He was very hurt by the Self-destruction DVD and didn't want that to be his lasting memory in the annals of WWE history.

I reckon he also feels some regret for his conservative speaking stuff and wants to leave it behind once and for all.

I'm glad his attitude has had this complete u-turn, and that he's now fondly remembered and respected by most for his achievements.

Archived