Ultimate Warrior in the Hall of Fame 2014

IronSheik

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol loving the idea of warrior being the only man to induct himself. I think that's what he would prefer. He can deliver a 55 minute induction speech telling everyone how great he is and then follow it with a 5 minute acceptance speech probably including telling everyone how great he is.

Oh and he can demand 2 pay cheques then aswell :laugh:

Money and a lack of value outside of wrestling. Like everyone who comes back.

In the end they all come back & like Ted Dibiase used to say "everyone's got a price"

Warrior's not daft, he's not broken down, still looks good, and what's more gets attention (that WWE game Warrior promo was the best thing in wrestling this year for me, and got HUGE interest). WWE on the other hand are running out of HOF entrants and people to do dvd's on (Austin is on dvd 15 or something).

Its a perfect match. WWE need Warrior (and must irk them he was never tempted back which if anything only makes WWE want u more), for the merchandise (inevitable career dvd, t-shirts,ppv interest etc) and PPV interest (lets be honest even though it'll never happen now we know he's on some kind of agreement, we're all going to wait with baited breath for the PPV turn up (which is never going to happen), which is the kind of interest you can only buy.

Warrior on the other hand is riding a wave of popularity (the game feedback) , still in good nick and knows WWE's position (ie a lack of major 'names'). He can therefore ask for what he wants ($$$ wise) and will get it (isn't it a known fact that vince paid warrior WHAT WARRIOR WANTED throughout his tenure, and that Warrior was 2nd only behind Hogan in earnings during his run + Vince will want the ego stroke of getting Warrior back, despite Warrior saying negative for 15 years).

its win win for both, and needs to be done now

Mad but i think the only one whose never been seduced by WWE's dirty dollar is Sting.

• Paid Members

He's also ruined many opportunities by being a total nutcase. The bloke could have had years in WWE making millions, he could have signed a legends deal after his contract was up and made millions off that, he could have been back for the one off big pay days, he could have ripped TNA off for hundreds of thousands and done all sorts of TV. But he never did. Warrior let bitterness and mentalness take over from getting business done. Hogan, Austin and all those big names know that if you get done over you always go back to do them over twice over.

• Paid Members

Anyone seen this? Its a letter Warrior wrote to Vince in 1991, before SummerSlam 91.

Vince-

Writing this is a different approach in expressing my feelings about the things we discussed the last 2 days under the pressure of TV. knowing that any second someone would be knocking on the door, etc. Every other avenue we tried - via phone, face to face, myself still walking away with unanswered questions. Alwys put off till a later date. Always with the same result - no result.

Writing sometimes allows a person to express feelings or say things that don't come in conversations such as we have. Some of the things will once again become repetitive - so what I've heard "in an Essence" at least a million times. I've tried to speak as a friend but sometimes you don't hear. I've spoken as a professional but the direction always gets changed. No you never let me leave with-out a response, but the words you speak never have any definitives. My whole life for the last 5 years has had no room for anthing but definitives (Los Angelese on Thurs, San Diego on Friday, San Francisco Sat. Sacrementon on Sunday, Prime Time on Monday...) but you always have to have the best way of time. Time to say stew things over to work them your way.

pg 2

I have been from day 1 different from the others. I have sacrificed myself enough both in my personal life and physical well being. The fairness you say you want everyone to have is unfair to me. I grew in 5 (five) years to become what the "Ultimate Warrior" is today, Always questioning, but nonethless taking him in the direction you wanted him to go ast any particular time. Done what would and has taken other 10-15 years.

The points and suggestions you have made over the last 5 years were very well taken. Now I look at other individuals with less than 1/3 the creativity, desire and hunger I had (have) and wonder how you can look and see them as The One. For you as a friend I pray all the things you believe in rise to the surface and present themselves.

Then there is the side that says "What the f man?" When I was thought of as The One the topics of conversation were - "Treat the veterans with respect". The veterans you spite are the very ones who will fuck it up for you. No matter I listened. I would go to ring push myself to the brink of a heart attack and you would say "When you go to the corner - SMILE?!?! you spoke of the Ultimate Warrior appealing to all, old, young, ugly, beautiful, fat, skinny, black, white.

pg 3

A character who would show ups and downs emotions and intensities, sensativities and cold-heartedness when it was needed. Like a yo-yo I obliged so I could be The One. Where the hell are this man's ups and downs. - Total jugular-vein popping yelling at all times. Is this the Total Picture, character, or presentation that can be The One? I learned with you to show intensity at this level but also to show just as much intensity with the look of my eyes or with the whisoer of y voice or even better - extreme intensity in total silence. I did all you asked.

The the long-term plan changed. At first I was relectant for what I believed were the right reasons - but once again I went with what I knew I could believe in - "Vince has never fucked me" I dealt with what you thought was best no matter what the cost to me. , no matter the countless # of sleepless nights there were to come, no matter the # of times I had to knock on your door with questions I should never have had.

For the last 2 1/12 years I should have never had the questions I did. To stand and make a videotaped aploogy for something I neved did made me realize all we have is business.

Pg 4

Once again I went without sleep, if ever I do so again it will be because I elect to, not because my wandering mind says to do so.

In reaching this conclusion I ask for these things. You say 500,000 for Wrestlemania is unfair, then I say the last 8 1/2 years of not being compensated equally when I meant as much or more to the companywas total bullshit and most definitely unfair. I have sacrificed more than 500,000 more than 1 million dollars, even more in monies that should have been paid to mein receiving equal compensation as Hulk.

I paid my goddamn dues long ago. I need not pay anymore. I have given everything and never once was there a knock on my fucking door. Whether to bullshit as a friend or help me thru my times of need or you trusting me to help you thru yours.

I ask for these things vince and the answers must come for the next event is upon you. It has been for me the 5 years and for you to tell me you need to ealuate whether or not I'm cost-effective and this takes time us unfair. A show runs at a given time and date - I have always been there, never asking for time to see if I have the rest, food or whatever it takes to make it. Now I ask the same of you.

Pg 5

I want (1) $550,000 release from the monies alloted me to purchase my home. This will suffice as my Wrestlemania VII payoff, but let it be noted it is not fair. I meant as much or more to that show as Hulk - I deserve to be paid the same (I know what Hulk will get)

(2) 4 days off every other time off period - except Pay Per View only.

(3) I want the same pay cut as Hulk gets on all Pay-Per-Views, SNME, FRIDAY PRIMETIME, house shows and proof as such. The same pay cut applies to what Hulk has been paid with relationshio to past events Wrestlemania V, VI, VII i.e when Hulk was top draw.

(4) I want numbers and prove of monies don on 1-900-Hulk and likewise same pay cut.

(5) Same pay cut on all forms of merchandising.

Because I have had to always knock on your door Words alone are not good enough. I understand Doug Sages is on Vacation, call him take his days off away like you do to the boys and myself and have it written. Everytime I had to knock upon your door upon leaving I have always apologized. I no long feel I have any reason to apologize, Therefore I will not. I have tried to speak as a friend, but maybe I don't have the qualitiesyou required to seek me out as a friend. The videotaped apology was the icinig on the cake - you see it as business so whether I like it or not I must do the same. Whatever your decision I can and will live with it Till then I remain home with one who cares

-Jim

Here's is Vince's reply:

2q8d3dl.jpg

Fucking fascinating. Maybe he should have tried this in February 1990, because he proved he wasn't worth Hogan money during his title run. But, to be fair to Warrior Jim, it proves that Vince had advance warning in regards to SummerSlam 91. So he didn't "hold Vince up for money". He told him he wanted his money and got it and worked the show.

Bit of a pussy move from Vince isn't it? To agree to pay him the big money, have him work the PPV and then fire him? Sort of understand how Warrior was so bitter for years.

• Paid Members

The Vince letter doesn't work for me... does anyone else just get a blank page?

The Warrior letter makes for interesting reading though. I can't really decide whether he's being unreasonable or not to be honest. Maybe he wasn't worth what Hogan was making, but was Hogan still worth what he was getting by 1991?

Warriors merch was second only to Hogan + his stuff sold huge here in UK (the first warrior vhs was apparently the highest selling wrestling video in the uk for ages).

He may be many things but :

He made the most of what he had

He always got paid HUGE

He was always in HUGE demand

He got out Early with his health and money

He wasnt a mark for Vince, WWF or stardom

When you look at the state of 99% of guys from that era you do thk maybe some should have taken his lead

• Paid Members

How can you take his lead? Only people like Goldberg and Lesnar can take his lead and they did. To take Warriors lead you have to be over to the level he was. And the people who are over to the level Warrior was aren't daft enough to burn a bridge and have the money cut off. Lesnar and Goldberg (like Warrior) wanted out of the business quickly, so didn't give a fuck. As far as wrestlers from the current era, guys like Cena, Punk, Bryan, Orton and those types actually like being around the business. I dont know what a wrestler these days could learn off the Warrior.

Looking at guys from Warriors era, the big stars went on to make more money over time. Savage, Flair, Hogan, Bret, Sting and all those lot had many windows of opportunity over the next decade. If Warrior was a bit smarter he could have been WWE's Sting. He could have been around making high 6 or 7 figures for about 15 years.

Looking at guys from Warriors era, the big stars went on to make more money over time. Savage, Flair, Hogan, Bret, Sting and all those lot had many windows of opportunity over the next decade. If Warrior was a bit smarter he could have been WWE's Sting. He could have been around making high 6 or 7 figures for about 15 years.

Yeah but outwith maybe Sting I'd say Warrior is in a much better place than anyone on that list. Warrior may not have made money over a sustained period of time like those other names but you can pretty much guarantee he looks at Savage (dead), Flair (overall sad/pathetic figure), Hogan (cripple) and Hart (where to start?) and doesn't regret any decisions he made. He could have made a load more cash if he'd played the game, but it could have cost him just as much when you look at where those other guys are now.

• Paid Members

I still think he left a lot of money on the table. Warrior was in a position to be that generations Lesnar. He was so limited, it would have been in the best interests of everyone if he did the one show a year thing. I dont really know Warrior's current physical shape to be honest. I know he injured himself running to the ring the last time he wrestled in 2008. He injured himself in WCW and barely took a bump in his 96 WCW run. I dont think he's as healthy as we are assuming. He posted pictures of his torn bicep the other year as well. He must be hurting as well. I remember reading in 2011 he wasn't in the best of shape. I mean, he must have been offered stupid money to bring him in. I'm stunned he never showed up at least once there.

Mentally he's up there with Bret Hart. That TMZ dick riding he did with the videos he put up about Hogan weren't the work of a sane person. And the whole gay bashing he did at the Universities and calling Droz a cripple for no reason and saying Bobby Heenan was deserved the cancer he got because he bashed him on that DVD they released really didn't show Warrior in the best light.

Someone hit it on the head earlier when they mentioned Warrior "knowing the value of the Ultimate Warrior character". Everyone who grew up watching him is now older and with a disposable income they're prepared to spend on daft retro things - and the last 3-4 years have been the perfect time for Warrior to reappear and capitalise on it. He's tried it in his own way - he had that big website/social media push in 2011 - and it didn't catch on hugely. Now, he's doing it the WWE way - I don't think it's necessarily what he wanted but I imagine the 'apology'/DVD royalties will appease that.

As for the money he's lost out on over the years by being a 'nutcase'; isn't there a chance that the guy simply doesn't like wrestling that much? I remember reading something about Gabriel Batistuta only playing football because he was good at it - not because he liked it. Could it not be the case that Warrior was a bodybuilder who was suggested wrestling, and he's been using it ever since to top up his income and maintain whatever life it is he wants to lead? Maybe, and I know a lot of people will snort at this, maybe he doesn't actually take the whole Ultimate Warrior character/belief that seriously, but knows it's a payday and protects it with his life as such.

I'm a huge Warrior fan (what gave it away?!) so I'm glad to see him back, but I just hope he is getting what he wants out of this, and that he doesn't embarrass himself on the night.

Oh, and Punk to induct him!

Warriors injuries are largely through his obsessive overtraining habits combined with age, no juice and carb depletion.

I have little doubt he's in decent health. He wasnt exactly a bump machine and barely wrestled 94-98 and then norhing after that. Really he only wrestled a schedule 87-92 ! I woukd argue heff hardy is probably in worse nick physically than Warrior these days!

Yes he walked away from $$$$ but he has always done things his own way, & never let the business consume him. Yes he may have made more $$$$ but its no good if your f****d or dead!

Also consider how his 92, 96 & 98 runs were so short, & unmemorable how many wrestlers whose 'run' was 88-91 could get the interest has (wwe game) & command the fees he does???

Im not pro warrior by any means however i admire the likes of Goldberg, Warrior and lesnar etc for not being marks to the business

Archived