Ultimate Warrior in the Hall of Fame 2014

IronSheik

Totally intrigued to see how this plays out. Vince and Warrior have had such a love / hate relationship over the years, but it seems the hatchet has been buried again.

Who's gonna induct one of the most universally unpopular wrestlers of all time (amongst the boys).

I think Warrior deserves it, great entertainer and influenced a generation with his intensity and vivid cartoon hero persona.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hulk Hogan probably. The fact Warrior is doing the Hall of Fame shows he'll take it up the arse for the right money. Remember that period from about 2001-onwards where on his website Warrior would attack Curt Hennig, the Road Warriors, Bret Hart, Hogan and whoever else for going back to the WWF? Well he's back. So Hogan inducting him isn't in the least bit inconceivable. As long as its not Darren Young or someone with cancer, I'm sure he'll not mind.

Hulk Hogan probably. The fact Warrior is doing the Hall of Fame shows he'll take it up the arse for the right money. Remember that period from about 2001-onwards where on his website Warrior would attack Curt Hennig, the Road Warriors, Bret Hart, Hogan and whoever else for going back to the WWF? Well he's back. So Hogan inducting him isn't in the least bit inconceivable. As long as its not Darren Young or someone with cancer, I'm sure he'll not mind.
Yeah, he's a money man alright. I don't think it can be Hogan based on Warriors vitriolic shoot interview he published a couple of years ago devoted entirely to badmouthing Hogan. He went to the point of no return I'd say...

Macho Man WOULD have been the ideal inductor for Warrior. Sting would be very fitting, but unlikely.

• Paid Members

He never said anything that wasn't public record anyway. "Hogan took steroids, Hogan let his wife shag around, he buys his sunglasses from Poundland". All of that came out in the court room anyway. The fact Hogan didn't sue Warrior showed how little it mattered in the grand scheme of things. Vince and Warrior sued each other, said horrible things in public and they are now public friends. I just look at who is involved and think Hogan is definitely going to be the one inducting him. It has to be him to be honest. Its Warrior's most famous opponent. And they better make friends, because they are both back in the loving arms of Vince. So they'll be working together in the future whether they like it or not now the Network is around.

Sting and Warrior don't like each other either. Warrior falls out with everyone.

Some random celebrity might be able to rediscover their childhood adoration for Warrior for the right

price.

Although Ian's probably right, I can't really see Hulky baby refusing a chance to take centre stage, outshine Warrior and make a buck. Unless they are indicting the first mania match and decided not to have Hulk appear twice. That seems more likely than Hulk holding onto a grudge when there's a chance to do business.

• Paid Members

Shit, that's a tricky one. I understand what Ian's saying, same era, headlined together... Hmm tricky. But it would be a bit like Israel and Palestine having a game of fucking mouse trap. Well, not quite that bad, but Warrior has tried to bury the fuck out of Hogan, whilst making himself seem like a cretin.

I think it will be mean gene, possibly Vince or even HHH. Im sure he remembers their match fondly. But bloody hell Ian, I hope you are right, that could be magic.

I hope you're right, as thr nostalgia would be off the chart, but Warrior is quite a stubborn cunt, and I just can't see him allowing it.

The Brooklyn Brawler spoke highly of Hellwig in the last Warrior DVD, as did Jericho, but pretty much the rest of the wrestling fraternity hate him. Especially the old school.

The pedigree no-sell at Mania is one of the most disrespectfully hilarious things I've ever seen in wrestling, HHH done well to recover from it.

I think it will be Honky Tonk Man, as they have a mutual respect, and he rolled over for him for the IC belt and got the ball rolling...

• Paid Members

Jerry Lawler wanted Lance Russell. He got William Shatner. They dont want people who their fanbase might scratch their head at. And although he gave him his first big win, Honky Tonk would probably fall into that. I think the idea of Honky Tonk Man inducting Warrior would be like Paul Parker inducting Eric Cantona in the Man United Hall of Fame. Hogan got Stallone, Shawn got HHH, Austin got Vince, Bruno got Arnie, Bret got Austin, Warrior gets Wayne Ferris with his sticky on sideboards. The big boys get the big stars. It either has to be Hogan or someone who was a fan of him like Punk or Batista (and even those two would be a stretch).

I would've thought Batista would be the most likely person for the job, he's probably the highest profile Warrior fan on the roster, or at least will be by Mania, let him do it and have Warrior look awkward shaking his hand trying to pretend he actually knows who he is

Failing that let RVD do it, he's probably the only bloke working for them who Warrior can stand the sight of

Archived