PS4 or XBOX ONE

Art Vandelay

PS4 or XBOX ONE  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry to start one of those threads, but was just interested to know which one you're all buying?

I still have both on pre-order and not sure which to cancel. PS4 made all the right moves at E3 and is cheaper, but I do like the X1's features and I think it's the more ambitious of the two in terms of features.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Could do with a 'neither' option. Gun to my head, I'd choose ps4 just to carry on the PS+ subscription. But neither have an attractive enough library to bother committing yet.

I've got my Xbox pre-ordered and paid for, got the Forza day one edition with Dead Rising 3 and FIFA 14. I may end up getting a PS4 next year, especially with the PS+ service building up a library for me of games by then but for launch the Xbox had a better line up of exclusives, Dead Rising 3 being the game I most wanted to play.

• Paid Members
Going to hold onto my 360 for as long as possible, see how both consoles are doing. Decide after that.

Definitely this. More likely to go with xbox again, but I said the same about Playstation at the beginning of the this generation after having a PS1 & PS2. Well, actually I said 'I'll just get a Wii, that'll do'. Heh, what a pillock.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I decided today that I'm going to go for a PS4. It's mainly the price difference. I understand that the XBox comes with Kinect and everything and that it's more of an integrated home entertainment system, can control yourTV and everything, but I can control my own TV. That 80 quid difference is big for me.

Pissed that they pushed back Watch Dogs though.

Planning to pick it up on New Years Eve, when I get paid. I am planning on doing nada NYE so that should be fun.

I'm going for the PS4 through sheer natural progression as the PS3 carried me through most of the second half of the current generation and I found it a solid, strong platform. When the games of the two are virtually the same bar a few exclusives you are both going to win and lose out on either way, and when the additional multimedia features don't particularly interest you, I think it's natural to chose based on some gut brand aesthetic feeling. I've had PlayStations since I was a kid. Metal Gear, Tekken and Final Fantasy games will probably look better and control more naturally on it. The Sony guys seem lovely and less obnoxious in the way they want my money at the press conferences. Honestly ... that's the kind of stupid shit it comes down to for me.

Mind you I'm sitting on the current generation probably until next summer. A lot of unfinished business, first.

Mind you I'm sitting on the current generation probably until next summer. A lot of unfinished business, first.

Same as me. I've voted PS4 because in all likelihood that's what I will get, but for now I've still got about a half dozen games to play through. This is the joy of jumping ship from Wii to PS3 really late in the day.

Still got Bioshock Infinity, Grand Theft Auto 5, Raymen Origins, The Last of Us, The Walking Dead and Uncharted 3.

Simply put, there isn't a good enough to pull me over yet.

Archived