PS4 or XBOX ONE

Art Vandelay

PS4 or XBOX ONE  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

right here's a question...

ive been looking about online but can't seem to find straight answers.

If you own and XBox One and add someone to your Xbox family, can that person get instand access to all your installed games? It appears that way, but it sounds too good to be true. So basically, if i add a mate to my 'family' he can play all my games for free at his house?

It appears that if you own a Physical copy of a game, you'd actually need the disk to play it on another machine, but what if you download a digitial copy? can that then basically be given to anyone you wanna give it too (providing they are in your family).

It all sounds too conveniant too me, what's the catch?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
right here's a question...

ive been looking about online but can't seem to find straight answers.

If you own and XBox One and add someone to your Xbox family, can that person get instand access to all your installed games? It appears that way, but it sounds too good to be true. So basically, if i add a mate to my 'family' he can play all my games for free at his house?

It appears that if you own a Physical copy of a game, you'd actually need the disk to play it on another machine, but what if you download a digitial copy? can that then basically be given to anyone you wanna give it too (providing they are in your family).

It all sounds too conveniant too me, what's the catch?

From what I understand of it, friends and family can play any of your games on your designated 'home' Xbox One console when signed in with their accounts, and you can play your downloaded games on their consoles when signed in with your account but they can't play your downloads with their accounts unless they're using your 'home' console.

Kinect doesn't work (obviously) either. Had a go of one last night and it's a massive shit box.

I've not had any problems with Kinect so far in all honesty. However, I do feel really lazy using it.

We had a go at that Kinect Sports speedboating thing and it was gash, and then we tried the kinect features on Zoo Tycoon and they basically just didn't work. I understand you don't have to use it, but why even include it and build a console around it if you can't do it right?

I've never known anyone to have any issues with it. Last few times I played on it, the original Kinect worked really well. Are you sure you just don't have it setup correctly, or maybe your playing to close to it?

Agreed. I've found the new Kinect to be impressively responsive and that jet ski game, although a glorified tech demo in reality, really impressed me with how well it tracked me.

I've also found the voice control to be spot on every time I've used it, despite criticism from many websites prior to launch saying that it was a bit hit-and-miss.

"Xbox: volume up" is my favourite command so far.

My Kinect has broken :(

• Paid Members
Kinect doesn't work (obviously) either. Had a go of one last night and it's a massive shit box.

I've not had any problems with Kinect so far in all honesty. However, I do feel really lazy using it.

We had a go at that Kinect Sports speedboating thing and it was gash, and then we tried the kinect features on Zoo Tycoon and they basically just didn't work. I understand you don't have to use it, but why even include it and build a console around it if you can't do it right?

I've never known anyone to have any issues with it. Last few times I played on it, the original Kinect worked really well. Are you sure you just don't have it setup correctly, or maybe your playing to close to it?

Agreed. I've found the new Kinect to be impressively responsive and that jet ski game, although a glorified tech demo in reality, really impressed me with how well it tracked me.

I've also found the voice control to be spot on every time I've used it, despite criticism from many websites prior to launch saying that it was a bit hit-and-miss.

"Xbox: volume up" is my favourite command so far.

You've not had a good time in receiving your One have you? Haha!

MS are sending out free games to those with broken consoles (which seems to be a lot of people).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-...aulty-xbox-ones

Although the article does say "a small number of customers" though.

Which is odd as I've been seeing a fuckton of people coming forward and even videoing their faulty consoles, maybe it's just a very vocal minority but it's still quite a few. The PS4 has been having problems too but that's mainly due to issues with TV compatibility.

You've not had a good time in receiving your One have you? Haha!

No, but the DPD thing wasn't a big issue as I was in the area of their depot anyway and was able to pick it up on Friday. Spoke to Microsoft, they are sending out a replacement kinect as an advanced exchange, should be with me some time next week. It's only the kinect, the rest of the console is fine so it's not a huge deal. I might even get a free game out of it fingers crossed :)

• 2 months later...

So a few months have passed now and it seems the PS4 is having the most success in terms of sales. Sony have announced they've hit the 5 million sale mark which is impressive, and they're yet to go on sale in Japan.

How is everyone feeling about the console of their choice? Happy with it? Bored with it? Wished you'd gone the other way?

I got my PS4 at Xmas and I've been on it pretty solidly. PS+ has added some nice free* games though they aren't the big titles I was used to on the PS3, but I'm sure they'll come. The only proper exclusive I've played is Killzone which was a bit of a meh game but really showcased how beautiful the games can look on next gen. What I'm happy with the most on the PS4 though is the controller. It's really nice and comfortable to play with.

Overall I can't really say anything bad about it other than I wish there were more games out that were more of interest. I can't really compare it the Xbox One as I've never played one, and the only thing I'm jealous of is Titanfall, which looks like it's going to be a great game. Anyone who has used both consoles significantly would be better to judge them against each other.

*I say free, but you have to pay for PS+ to get them. However,

• Paid Members

I got an Xbox despite telling myself I was going to wait. My Bluray player died and I didn't see the point in buying a new player only to get an Xbox in a few more months.

So far its probably been the worst launch since the Dreamcast, Only a handful of games, with nothing really standing out, no real reason to pay for a Gold account yet (If I hadn't already had a subscription i wouldnt have paid for one just yet), missing apps (No iplayer or sky yet which considering they are marketing themselves as a Multimedia device is shocking) As an actual entertainment machine its fine but it has left me feeling pretty 'meh'

Titanfall is great though

The XBO is will be great for me once they get the Sky App and the game library expands, I have had it since launch day and have played a lot of games I would never have touched on the 360 (COD, Battlefield, Fifa)

My most used command is "snap TV" which then takes me to my 360 so I can use the Sky App.

I am really excited for Titanfall though, just playing the Beta I can see it will be the type of game I loose days to. Two of my friends are picking up XBO's just for Titanfall.

Archived