Triple H's promo on Raw

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Triple H has been lording it over the roster for the last 14 years. From telling Benoit and Jericho they didn't know how to work (and I think Jericho was never as good in WWE as he was in WCW) to cutting people off at the knees that he saw as a threat, the man will never change

h_180x250_360178a.jpg

Triple H has been lording it over the roster for the last 14 years. From telling Benoit and Jericho they didn't know how to work (and I think Jericho was never as good in WWE as he was in WCW) to cutting people off at the knees that he saw as a threat, the man will never change

h_180x250_360178a.jpg

:laugh:

Sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if, when he got to the back him and Steph thought that was a great money drawing promo! He will probably be disappointed when the buy rate comes in shit for HIAC

That had nothing to do with it. Ric has heat because he was off his face and kept on taking over people and JR was sacked for not controlling him. Nothing to do with Daniel Bryan.

Really, i definitely heard jr was sacked for not taking control, but was sure i heard they were particularly unhappy with the comments made towards Bryan. I'll never trust the Lord of pain again.

• Moderators

Wait, when the fuck did HHH say Benoit couldn't work after their first match in 2000? Word around the campfire in 2004 was that HHH wanted Benoit to go over to Raw to work with him as he was a great worker.

And yes Sphinx. JR was pretty much fired. When two parties mutually agree on one of the parties retiring, that's a sacking for all intents and purposes.

Wait, when the fuck did HHH say Benoit couldn't work after their first match in 2000? Word around the campfire in 2004 was that HHH wanted Benoit to go over to Raw to work with him as he was a great worker.

And yes Sphinx. JR was pretty much fired. When two parties mutually agree on one of the parties retiring, that's a sacking for all intents and purposes.

When Benoit first went to the WWE Triple H stated that Benoit did not know how to work! He could be carried by a skilled opponent (such as a god like himself) but he could not work in the WWE style. I would have thought that his main reason would be that Benoit was too physical. That was his main reason for saying the same thing about Jericho in 99. Obviously he changed his mind over the years, but that was his opinion of Benoit in 2000.

• Paid Members

When Benoit first went to the WWE Triple H stated that Benoit did not know how to work!

Link please.

• Moderators

When Benoit first went to the WWE Triple H stated that Benoit did not know how to work!

HOLY READING COMPREHENSION BATMAN.

• Paid Members

Bit late to the party on this, but I think wrestling needs more of those kind of talking points from a promo on a more regular basis. Too often we get the same old fluff, but when the H's is on form like that - and I think he's firmly back in his stride as a heel now - people pick up on what he says and there's a bit of buzz about it. Good or bad, it gets reactions.

In terms of his actual comments, I like the three performers mentioned but there's an element of truth in what he's saying. But you also have to add both him AND Shawn Michaels into that category (which he probably would), as well as Daniel Bryan. There have only ever really been four top, top, top, TOP dogs in the industry. Sammartino, Hogan, Austin and now Cena. Obviously you can throw The Rock in there as well for how he made the transition and became bigger than wrestling altogether, but in terms of carrying the company for a sustained period of time, those are the only names to have on your list. At least successfully.

Also, gonig back to those three people in particular, I don't think it's anything that 1) HHH hasn't already told them to their face and 2) that those three people already know.

There have only ever really been four top, top, top, TOP dogs in the industry. Sammartino, Hogan, Austin and now Cena.

Hard to argue the Austin point, but he was only around as top dog for about 3 years max. Much less than the rest mentioned.

• Paid Members
There have only ever really been four top, top, top, TOP dogs in the industry. Sammartino, Hogan, Austin and now Cena.

Hard to argue the Austin point, but he was only around as top dog for about 3 years max. Much less than the rest mentioned.

True enough, but from a year-to-money ratio he's way up there. Point taken though.

• Paid Members
Triple H has been lording it over the roster for the last 14 years. From telling Benoit and Jericho they didn't know how to work (and I think Jericho was never as good in WWE as he was in WCW)

Nope. Read Jericho' s book. Says himself he struggled at first in WWE there were a lot of things he didn't know/understand about that style and that he became a more well rounded wrestler in WWE.

You're also entirely imagining the Benoit one (or you read it on WrestleNewz.com).

Archived