Ultimate Fighter: Rousey v Tate

bono

• Paid Members
One more point on the mental Armenians. Rousey's closely associated with them plus the Diaz Brothers, but there's been alot of beef in the past between the Diaz's and the Armenians (Nate/Nick/Karo/Manny). Did those lot sort their problems out?

I think it's all squashed with Manny Gamburyan at least. I've seen videos online of Nick and Nate training with him and Ronda. I think the Armenians and the Diaz's are mostly cool now, I think it's just Karo Parisyan who is probably still on the Stockton shitlist. It was all started by him anyway.

Good episode again this week. I mentioned before that Cody Bollinger said in an interview recently that one of the women drove everyone mad. Well, looks like I was wrong in saying it was probably Shayna Baszler. Looks like Julianna Pena is who he was referring to. Got to say, that childish voice and all the screaming over a fucking milkshake at the start was annoying. The English accent didn't bother me all that much but we only got about 30 seconds of it, sounds like she went around all day taking like that :laugh:

Is Chris Beal mental? What was all that lying on the floor and talking to himself out loud stuff about?

I agree with Dai as well. Everyone is jumping on everything Ronda does so far, and I understand why, she's been a right loon. But Miesha's 'don't stand near my boyfriend' line made her look a bit of an insecure div. Miesha is coming across great all in all though.

I still think Caraway is a cunt. Sitting there quietly like butter wouldn't melt doesn't outweigh him being a little prick from the safety of twitter and the Zingano stuff which I still don't see why it would be made up. He hasn't came across badly so far, because he's done and said pretty much fuck all yet. He's just done what it seems like he's most known for, sitting in the background being ignored while his missus takes the spotlight. Call me a skeptical cunt but why was Caraway sitting right at the bar anyway? He knew Ronda would probably be over at some point. Trying to get himself noticed? Bless him. Ronda's Armenian coach does seem like a massive tosser.

Chris Holdsworth is the ladies choice in the house it seems. Julianna is obviously gagging for a bit of the Alpha Male. And Roxanne Modaferri looked at him like she was thinking marriage after that massage. Julianna or Roxanne? Hmmm tough choice. I wonder who Holdsworth will go for? The mystery. That whole bit with the letter made them all look like teenage virgins though.

Good so far. I've broken the three episode barrier that has been where my interest often starts to fade and I'm looking forward to next week.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing nobody has mentioned yet: considering Chris Beal was Rousey's #1 pick based mostly on his striking, I thought his stand up was pretty crap.

Wild, inaccurate swings which Holdsworth had no trouble avoiding, you can't blame that on an injured hand.

One thing nobody has mentioned yet: considering Chris Beal was Rousey's #1 pick based mostly on his striking, I thought his stand up was pretty crap.

Wild, inaccurate swings which Holdsworth had no trouble avoiding, you can't blame that on an injured hand.

Yeah, I have to admit to being very surprised when I saw Rousey's choices. I'm not sure what kind of plan her team had put together coming into the camp choices.

Then again, her team seem like fucking morons, so maybe that explains it.

• Paid Members

To be fair though, Beal looked great in his elimination fight. And a lot of the time on TUF, that's all the coaches really have to go on when they're picking teams. With the benefit of hindsight, yeah, it wasnt the best pick. But Ronda didn't have that benefit at the time.

I picked Beal as my early winner as well, and Baszler for the women :blush:

*My early picks are Shayna Baszler for the women (second pick Jessamyn Duke), and Chris Beal for the blokes (second pick Chris Holdsworth). Julianna Pena is the darkhorse though for me.

I've been shockingly bad at calling fights lately. I was never great anyway but I'm getting them all wrong now. Maybe I should start betting on the opposite of my predictions.

In fairness to Beal though, the injured hand had to be part of it. If you're in a fight and one of your hands is fucked, it has to effect you even mentally if not physically as well. How can it not? It doesn't help that he was fighting Holdsworth who looks like the probably the pick of the bunch on the men's side, but an injured hand in a fight is one of the worst things you could have surely.

• Paid Members

right, first things first, im over Meisha in the shorts. It's all about Meisha in them right ass leggings from now on, fucking hell :love:

the actual episode was a bit of a choker, i'll admit i kind of welled up when Roxanne lost and with what followed. I grasped going through the episode that she'd lose because the whole house were talking of how much they loved her, so i thought they were gonna go for the emotional kicker after seeing last week's preview (i should stop watching those).

Roxanne is a very strange bird, but she does seem nice as pie. Sucked to see her lose.

The Armenian coach of Rousey's is a complete nutjob, i loved the little Hallman encounter. Hallman should have stripped down to his speedo's and fucked him up right there.

4 Episodes in and i personally think it's been excellent.

4 Episodes in and i personally think it's been excellent.

Me too. I'm a bit of an old fart when it comes to women fighting as I don't want to hear stories of these girls having issues in later life when they have children etc, but between Invicta and the UFC the girls have had some brilliant fights and it reminds me of the old days of getting into MMA. Now everyone is training standup, wrestling and submissions the game has closed up, but the women's divisions don't have such drastic differences in physical ability so the fights seem more evenly matched and are proving to be better entertainment in my opinion.

Ronda and Miesha can both fuck off though, I'm team Karate Hottie!

• Paid Members

I love Karate Hottie. Shame she's too small for Bantamweight because I'd like to see her in the UFC.

right, first things first, im over Meisha in the shorts. It's all about Meisha in them right ass leggings from now on, fucking hell :love:

Hello...

62c19d100b6b11e3911d22000aeb11f9_7.jpg

Ronda's Armenian coach is a massive bellend isn't he? For all his posturing, it was actually plain as day to see that he wanted absolutely none of Hallman. You could see it was all macho bullshit aggression. Until Hallman took him up on the offer, then he didn't look quite as into it to me. Hallman basically said 'OK you twat let's fight' and walked into the gym, then the Armenian must have done the slowest, least convincing chase after him ever. You could see him praying that the rest of Team Rousey would catch up and 'stop' him. Which they did of course. Then he suddenly grew some bollocks again, once he knew he wasn't going to actually have to back it up.

Did anyone else think the stoppage for the fight this week was way late? I thought it was blantantly obvious that Modaferri was done after the slam. She looked out right there to me, her defence was completely non-existent at that point. Yet the ref was nowhere to be seen. Wasn't even near the fighters if I remember right.

Ronda's Armenian coach is a massive bellend isn't he? For all his posturing, it was actually plain as day to see that he wanted absolutely none of Hallman. You could see it was all macho bullshit aggression. Until Hallman took him up on the offer, then he didn't look quite as into it to me. Hallman basically said 'OK you twat let's fight' and walked into the gym, then the Armenian must have done the slowest, least convincing chase after him ever. You could see him praying that the rest of Team Rousey would catch up and 'stop' him. Which they did of course. Then he suddenly grew some bollocks again, once he knew he wasn't going to actually have to back it up.

As soon as he accepted Hallman's challenge he said "you know you're just doing this to get me kicked off the show, right?" or something to that effect.

He's a twat.

• Paid Members
Did anyone else think the stoppage for the fight this week was way late? I thought it was blantantly obvious that Modaferri was done after the slam. She looked out right there to me, her defence was completely non-existent at that point. Yet the ref was nowhere to be seen. Wasn't even near the fighters if I remember right.

yeh i was shouting 'fucking step in ref'. It was horrible to see it end the way it did, she hit the floor and went into slow motion.

yeh i was shouting 'fucking step in ref'. It was horrible to see it end the way it did, she hit the floor and went into slow motion.

Yeah agreed, it was really unpleasant watching those last few moments. I was shouting at the telly too, which never happens. The whole fight was a bit odd actually, as both of them seemed like decent people who deserved a win. It's one of the first women's fights I've watched that I found to be a little uncomfortable. It was a bit like "here's two nice women. One has a horrid back-story and really deserves a break and the other is just totally sound, trustworthy and lovely. One of them is gonna get smashed.... stay tuned". I almost didn't want a finish, which is silly but true.

Dramatic fight though, any way you look at it.

It's been a good season so far. Unreasonable/crazy as fuck Ronda is very, very sexy.

Christ, Meltzer has to be the worst writer I've ever seen. It took me about three attempts to make any sense of that.

I don't know if I'm buying it to be honest. I simply don't credit Caraway with that much intelligence. Bringing in Hallman to deliberately provoke Tarverdyan to get him kicked off the show? Nah, not for me I'm afraid.

Archived