Ultimate Fighter: Rousey v Tate

bono

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have to admit, that fight on the 2nd episode was excellent. It was razor close going into the third, and was competitive with two fighters who clearly knew what they were doing.

I'm not overly fussed with the coaching & drama side of things to be honest. It's all been done before, so I'm basically fast forwarding to the actual fight build up segments and the fights themselves.

• Paid Members

you basically missed Rousey making a tit of herself.

oh, and no one touched on it, but i know a few people (including me) ripped on Tim Goreman in episode 1, but i actually felt sorry for him going home. I think Dana will give him a crack at the finale due to his attitude.

Yeah, Dana said yesterday in an online chat that Gorman will get a fight in the UFC.

Also, it turns out that his hamstring was already torn before he even made it into the house (though not as bad), which makes him even more impressive. His manager said he hopes to fight by January, effectively ruling him out of the Finale.

• Paid Members

Ronda's still going to smash Tate again come December. It's going to be a season full of tantrums and tears from Ronda while Miesha smirks away, and everyone will start with the 'she's in Ronda's head' stuff. Then fight night she'll be tapping to save her arm again. Ronda's unhinged and a bit unstable and immature, yeah. But as a fighter she's too much for Miesha IMO. Ronda's beatable of course, but I don't think Miesha will be the one to prove it. I think Cat Zingano will be the first to give Ronda a serious test, and possibly Holly Holm down the road.

Just got round to watching the first 2 episodes (hey, I had to find time were both me and the wife could watch it together). Have to say the women all look highly motivated and skilled. I still think it would have been better to do a season full of women, but the fact that there are women in TUF is a great thing for the sport. The men looked good to. Great to see 2 British fighters in the house (I think this is the first time since TUF 3 that this has happened).

Lets look at the coaches. Firstly, Tate is coming across very well in this show. Level headed and caring about her fighters, she is looking good. Rousey on the other hand. I'll put it this way, when my wife is screaming at the T.V. to tell her to stop crying every five second, stop blowing smoke up a fighters ass (her pep talk before the first fight reminded me of Penn's coaches in his 2nd fight with Edgar.....this guy is shit, as he's handing you you're ass) you get the impression that she is not coming off well. As for crying after the fight, I just wanted Tom Hanks to come in and say "Are you crying? Why are you crying? There's no crying in MMA". As has been said before, she's coming off as a spoiled little brat who is a little un-hinged. I get the feeing if she continues at this rate that we will be comparing her to Ken Shamrock.

Good start to what should be a good season

• Paid Members

She can't be as bad as Shamrock unless she;

*No-shows training, leaving the fighters to try to get a workout in in the back garden of the TUF house.

*Has Manny Gamburyan tell the fighters to eat steak when they're trying to cut weight.

*Keeps saying "We got the hammah", despite her team losing nearly all the fights.

*Makes the fighters watch her fights when they're meant to be training.

*Takes the fighters playing golf when they should be training.

*Calls Miesha Tate a "little bitch monkey" and then gets destroyed in seconds when they fight.

That season sure made for some engaging T.V.

I had watched season 1 and 2 on repeats before season 3, but 3 was probably the height of TUF for me along with the Kimbo season, just pure entertainment and the concept has not been played out a million times.

I could probably name more contestants of season 3 than I could that past 5 seasons combined.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Yeah, I kind of just skim through the fluff to get to the fights, but from what I saw Rousey's coaching staff look like twats. Their cornering skills leave a lot to be desired as well, and their tough guy bullyboy shit is pretty sad.

Decent fight though, Holdsworth looks like he'll be a force to be reckoned with on the show. His long reaching jab will cause problems all day long for fighters shorter than him, and his ground skills looked slick from what I saw.

• Paid Members
Obviously I hadn't thought. You couldn't have asked a mod to amend my post, or even PM'ed me asking me to?

No, you thought the best course of action was to quote my post and reply.

It's fixed now - no need to get defensive.

Archived