Ultimate Fighter: Rousey v Tate

bono

• Paid Members

Yeah, I always start off going into TUF really optimistic but I often lose interest midway through. I'm hoping this one holds my attention. I think the rivalry between Ronda and Miesha might do that. The TUFs with some bad blood are the best. The Smashes proved that is still true. Let's be honest, Ross Pearson vs George Sotiropoulous wasn't a big fight. There was no reason to really get excited about that TUF going in. The UK vs Aus dynamic was a nice twist but not something that would make or break the show. Two things made The Smashes worth watching. The Pearson-Sots feud and Freakshow.

That's all it takes. A reason to care about the coaches, which by default makes you care about the teams because you usually root for one coach when they feud. And also one or two interesting characters in the house doesn't hurt. I'm intrigued by how the women will approach this.

There's enough about this season to have really piqued my interest. We'll see how it turns out.

EDIT -

Haha, look at Dana's face here

tumblr_mqrzq9pwTm1rtoy2yo1_500.jpg

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty weird that they did a whole section on tonights Beyond The Octagon on the new TUF series but never said once at all when it even starts on BT. Strange decision.

Anyways, Im really looking forward to this one. I really enjoyed the last season and im still pretty new to TUF and MMA reality shows so it hasn't got that boring factor for me that other people seem to get as they've been watching it for years and years. I also really enjoyed Bellators Fight Master as well.

• Paid Members

first episode was the standed elimination fights episode.

Not much interraction between the coaches other than the initial switcharoo thing which we'd already seen in the previews. I liked how Ronda has chosen to try and take out Meisha's first pick straight off the bat though, i think we're getting probably the best potential final next week.

I always make picks straight off the bat, i'll take Shayna from the women, and from the men i'll pick the Alpha Male guy, Chris Holdworth.

The little street fighter dude Tim Goreman is no doubt gonna be causeing some disrupt in the house.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I thought Ronda definitely got the better of the team picks, on the womens side at least. Even Ronda's last pick, Jessica Rakoczy, I thought looked good in her fight. She got Peggy Morgan, who looked fucking massive at 135, Jessamyn Duke I know from Invicta and she's clearly very skilled, and of course Baszler who is everyone's pick to win it seems.

Miesha's women are pretty solid as well though, from what we saw of Julianna Pena, she looks like one to watch. Tough break getting matched with Baszler right away. I bet Dana didn't like that pick because he seemed to like Pena, and Baszler is the favourite. This fight could very likely have been the finale, and we're getting it on week two.

Few other quick thoughts

*If they do wildcards this year, or bring anyone back due to injury pullouts, I'd like to see Revelina Berto given another shot. She looked good in the highlights. Didnt know she was Andre Berto's sister. From the mens side I'd bring back Louis Fisette. Seemed a twat but he fought well.

*Bollinger vs De Freitas was good fun. De Freitas is stupidly tough, although he gassed horribly, and Bollinger looked good. Not awesome at anything but he just seems like a real aggressive scrappy fighter, like a Matt Brown type.

*My early picks are Shayna Baszler for the women (second pick Jessamyn Duke), and Chris Beal for the blokes (second pick Chris Holdsworth). Julianna Pena is the darkhorse though for me. If she upsets Baszler next week, she could go all the way. She's probably the only looker in the house as well IMO, for what that's worth (IE: fuck all).

*Miesha came off better than I thought. I don't know what I expected but I thought she'd seem a right up her own arse twat. I guess she gets lumped in with Caraway's twattery a lot of the time. Ronda barely said a word during the fights.

*Tim Gorman is the obvious early candidate for knobhead of the season.

*Roxanne Modafferi is the second coming of Luke Cummo. They're so alike I could swear they're brother and sister.

*I'm very much looking forward to assistant coach Manny Gamburyan throwing his stunted arms around and losing his rag. Hopefully at Bryan Caraway.

*I want that Sakuraba t-shirt Dana was wearing.

I liked the bit when Ronda Rousey got all flustered and it turned out it was because she thought she was getting sacked. Nothing memorable after that, really. I've never watched Ultimate Fighter before, I'll have a look at next week's, which I'm assuming is more standard for the way the show runs.

I liked the bit when Ronda Rousey got all flustered and it turned out it was because she thought she was getting sacked.

This has to be one of the most confusing and ridiculous things I've ever heard. She knows fine well that the women's division exists primarily as a platform for her, she's been all over various media outlets for the past year or so, and Dana White won't stop talking about her.

Yet she walks onto the show, sees Tate and her first thought isn't that maybe Zingano got injured, but that she's been fired for some reason? Either she was lying about that, or she's, as Dana would say, a "fucking moron".

• Paid Members

Yeah, from next week on it will be the usual format of in house stuff and a fight at the end. Ronda is clearly mental if she really thought Dana was kicking her off the show. The only reason the women are even in the UFC is because Dana became a fan/in love with her after the first Miesha Tate fight.

If Ronda had been the one who got injured instead of Cat Zingano, Dana probably would have sodded off the womens coaches idea completely.

If Ronda had been the one who got injured instead of Cat Zingano, Dana probably would have sodded off the womens coaches idea completely.

More than likely. What will be interesting to see is how he reacts if Ronda loses her title, and doesn't win the certain rematch she'd get. That would fuck up the whole division.

• Paid Members
I liked the bit when Ronda Rousey got all flustered and it turned out it was because she thought she was getting sacked.

This has to be one of the most confusing and ridiculous things I've ever heard. She knows fine well that the women's division exists primarily as a platform for her, she's been all over various media outlets for the past year or so, and Dana White won't stop talking about her.

Yet she walks onto the show, sees Tate and her first thought isn't that maybe Zingano got injured, but that she's been fired for some reason? Either she was lying about that, or she's, as Dana would say, a "fucking moron".

Dana White discussed this with Ariel around a month ago; he asked Dana how Rousey could possibly have thought she was being replaced considering she's the UFC golden girl... Apparently, it was because Rousey's lawyer/agent had pulled a dickhead move a few days before they started filming the show, by trying to leverage more money for her. Dana told him to fuck off and gave him an earful. So when she saw Meisha walk in, she thought Dana had decided to replace her because of that incident. Obviously she didn't know Zingana was injured, so that would be a reasonable thought to go through her head.

Dana White discussed this with Ariel around a month ago; he asked Dana how Rousey could possibly have thought she was being replaced considering she's the UFC golden girl... Apparently, it was because Rousey's lawyer/agent had pulled a dickhead move a few days before they started filming the show, by trying to leverage more money for her. Dana told him to fuck off and gave him an earful. So when she saw Meisha walk in, she thought Dana had decided to replace her because of that incident. Obviously she didn't know Zingana was injured, so that would be a reasonable thought to go through her head.

He's going to sack the holder of a UFC title, the main reason why a division exists within the company and tell FOX Sports that they're no longer getting the only reason why this season of the Ultimate Fighter is set up as it is and is being touted as the one to watch because her agent asked for more money?

Nah, she's still a moron I'm afraid.

Archived