Ultimate Fighter: Rousey v Tate

bono

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, I'll have to admit his stuff isn't always the easiest to read.

I don't know if I'm buying it to be honest. I simply don't credit Caraway with that much intelligence. Bringing in Hallman to deliberately provoke Tarverdyan to get him kicked off the show? Nah, not for me I'm afraid.

This might be his jumbled way of writing causing confusion to one of us but I read it as Tate was the one who was behind it, but some people blamed Caraway. Yeah, I wouldn't credit Caraway with that kind of cunning, but Miesha might have done it. Fuck knows. I'd like to hear from these fighters Meltzer got the info from because they'd be able to give first hand versions at least. Wouldn't surprise me if it's true, and if it is it was a nice crafty tactic from Team Tate. And looking back, Hallman did seem very eager to fight and there really wasn't that much provocation. Hallman usually seems pretty chilled out so it did seem slightly out of character how quick he went off on one. You'd think someone who's been around as long as him wouldn't be so easily rattled.

I know Ronda is coming off badly on the show but that doesn't necessarily mean Miesha is above some dodgy tactics. There's got to be some character flaw with her if she lets Caraway put his willy in her.

I hate Meltzer trying to always add wrestling terminology when talking about MMA.

It does grate but to be fair to him, I got that quote of his f4wonline site which does cover MMA but is primarily a pro wrestling site. The majority of his readers on there will be wrestling fans so it does make sense that he's using wrestling terms. I've read his articles on MMA sites and, while they're still not all that greatly written, I don't recall him using wrestling terms at least.

Why would team Tate want Tarverdyan kicked off the show?

The guy is acting like such a nob that when I'm watching I always want team Tate to win just because I want to see this cunt eat his words. This bloke alone is going to get so many fans on Tate's side going into the Ronda fight

• Paid Members
One thing we can be sure of, is that Tarverdyan shat himself.

Haha, yeah, regardless of motives or how that whole thing went down, he backed down and looked a right wally. He seems like a proper bully twat who craps it when someone stands up to him.

Why would team Tate want Tarverdyan kicked off the show?

A) he's a knob, and B) it will fuck with Ronda and her already fragile state of mind to lose her main assistant coach from the show.

Why wouldn't Team Tate want him kicked off? Having him around does nothing for them and getting him kicked off would be another blow to Team Rousey.

• Paid Members

Did anyone watch this week's episode? Bit of a quieter one this week all in all.

David Grant (the UK fighter) looked really good, I thought. Beat Louis Fisette everywhere and got the finish. He seems like a good guy as well.

Thought Ronda came off a bit better this week. Maybe having her Mom around calmed her down a bit. When Miesha put the little vampire figure in the Rousey dressing room and put 'Edmond' on it, I was half expecting another Ronda overreaction.

The fight next week looked good in the preview. Jessamyn Duke vs Raquel Pennington. I picked Duke to reach the finals, so going on my recent form, that most likely means she's losing next week.

Davey Grant put in a near perfect performance, didn't think he had it in him from the few fights of his I've seen but fair play to the guy. Haven't met him myself but he's meant to be a really nice guy, exactly as he came across on the show this week - also came across really well on Beyond The Octagon this week. Good for him getting the $5k stoppage bonus.

As Ronda was saying, I think people can see where she got her volatile/competitive personality from.

Not enough of Miesha's arse this week...

Has anyone been reading the blog that Julianna Pena's been writing? Apparently one of Ronda's assistant coaches got drunk and was threatening Pena;

I got, like, ambushed by a drunk (Team Rousey assistant coach) Marina (Shafir), telling me that if I didn't choose a better side, that when the show comes out, everything in my life was going to be a lot more terrible, media-wise. Basically she was threatening me.

She was just basically saying, like,

• Paid Members

So, Raquel Pennington vs Jessamyn Duke! One of the best TUF fights in a while for me. Wasn't a great deal else to the episode but that fight was fantastic. Really close but I agreed that Pennington edged it.

But I'm a fucking curse;

*My early picks are Shayna Baszler for the women (second pick Jessamyn Duke), and Chris Beal for the blokes

Baszler - out

Beal - out

Duke - out

All in their first round fights. I picked Chris Holdsworth as my second pick for the men. I think he'll still go far but the way my picks are going lately he'll probably drop a bollock now and lose his next fight.

Add to that I said there was no way Chael would submit Shogun, and no way Gustafsson would trouble Jones, my predictions are really ballsed up lately.

So, Raquel Pennington vs Jessamyn Duke! One of the best TUF fights in a while for me. Wasn't a great deal else to the episode but that fight was fantastic. Really close but I agreed that Pennington edged it.

But I'm a fucking curse;

*My early picks are Shayna Baszler for the women (second pick Jessamyn Duke), and Chris Beal for the blokes

Baszler - out

Beal - out

Duke - out

All in their first round fights. I picked Chris Holdsworth as my second pick for the men. I think he'll still go far but the way my picks are going lately he'll probably drop a bollock now and lose his next fight.

Add to that I said there was no way Chael would submit Shogun, and no way Gustafsson would trouble Jones, my predictions are really ballsed up lately.

I always rank them in my order after the qualification fights, just to see how my picks differ from the judges and what actually happens in the season.

My picks this year are a mixed bag, I went;

Men:

1. Holdsworth

2. Hill

3. Wooten

4. Beal

5. Bollinger

6. Gorman (Was later replaced by Fisette)

7. Grant

8. Guttierez

Women:

1. Morgan

2. Bayzler

3. Moras

4. Pena

5. Modafferi

6. Duke

7. Pennington

8. Rakozcy

I seem to have done ok with the men's picks, and potentially horribly with the female!

Archived