Ultimate Fighter: Rousey v Tate

bono

Maybe some will get chances on future cards. It might just mean they're not getting on the finale. I could see Wooten winding up on the London card in March maybe.

And yeah, Modaferri vs Rakoczy/Pennington loser must be happening. That's all the women accounted for then, isn't it? With Baszler and Moras out.

I know this is me stating the obvious, but unfortunately the ufc have surely given us the outcome of tomorrow's TUF fight?

There's no way the would rematch Modaferri with Rakoczy after she destroyed her already on TUF. This by default surely means we are going to see a Rakoczy/Pena finale?

Not necessarily. Roxy isn't listed on UFCs site as fighting on the card.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The UFC site are always fairly slow updating stuff like this though. And this article;

http://www.mmaweekly.com/all-female-tuf-18...ah-moras?vbox=1

Has been on reliable sites like MMAWeekly and MMAJunkie, which says all the female cast members (except Baszler and Moras who are injured) will fight at the finale.

And with Duke vs Morgan announced, that does leave Modaferri matched with the Pennington/Rakoczy loser. It even says as much in the article. I think lamby is right and they've given away the result of tonight's episode there. I very much doubt they'd book Modaferri vs Rakoczy again for the finale. Given how decisively Rakoczy beat her on the show. If the final were Pena vs Pennington I think they'd have done Rakoczy vs Morgan and Duke vs Modaferri. They should've just held off on announcing Duke vs Morgan until after the last episode, then we wouldn't have been able to do the process of elimination thing.

• Paid Members
Moras said she injured her knee a week ago and had to pull out of her fight. So maybe it hasn't spoiled tonights result, if they possibly had to shift a fight around as a result of her injury at last minute.

I can't see it though. I personally don't think the UFC would re-book that fight as the first was an absolute mauling and was very difficult to watch. I think it would actually be an irresponsible decision by them. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the UFC would prefer to give Modaferri a new opponent at a later date than risk the backlash they would receive rematching those two so soon.

• Paid Members

**POSSIBLE KIND OF SPOILERY POST. I THINK. MAYBE.**

There's a video on YouTube, an official UFC trailer for the finale, that appears to show Jessica Rakoczy squaring off with Julianna after a fight. You know, the way they always do when they know the finalists.

It just shows Julianna, then Jessica in separate shots though, not both in view at the same time, so I guess they could've been spliced in from different clips. It's adding up though. I think lamby is right. They've fucked up.

Them announcing the Duke vs Morgan fight and the articles saying that all the female cast members would fight at the finale seals it for me.

So just through process of elimination we've got;

Julianna Pena vs Raquel Pennington/Jessica Rakoczy winner is obviously happening.

Jessamyn Duke vs Peggy Morgan is confirmed.

Shayna Baszler and Sarah Moras are confirmed as out with injury.

That only leaves Roxanne Modaferri vs the Pennington/Rakoczy loser.

And as lamby says, no way they're doing Modaferri vs Rakoczy 2 after how decisive and recent the first one was. If Rakoczy lost to Raquel in the semis, setting up a Julianna vs Raquel final, they wouldn't have booked Duke vs Morgan surely? They'd do Duke vs Modaferri and Rakoczy vs Morgan or Duke vs Rakoczy and Modaferri vs Morgan.

The only other way I can see this working, and it's a long shot, would be if because Moras pulled out, they got in two current UFC women to fight Modaferri and Rakoczy. Seems like a lot of hassle though, last minute.

• Paid Members
Speaking of Manny Gamburyan, I liked the bit when he was talking to Anthony after he refused to continue trying to make weight. Everyone else seemed to be pussyfooting around Anthony and Anthony was clearly fishing for sympathy off Manny, giving it the teary eyed "I don't deserve to be here"...sob..."I fucked up"....sob. He got no sympathy off Manvel the Anvil. Manny gave him straight up, un-sugarcoated honesty. Basically - "No you don't deserve to be here and yes you did fuck up."

yeh that was great, props to Manny.

• Paid Members

Yeah, so as I said in the MMA news thread, I spoiled this for myself. But still, to be on the safe side...

SPOILERS BELOW

So me and lamby were right. The final is Pena vs Rakoczy. I guess they did fuck up with the spoiler. They're usually good about not letting stuff like this slip out so it's odd how they've done it on two counts this time. Not only announcing the Duke vs Morgan fight before the last episode. Which effectively gave away the final by process of elimination. They also put out a trailer for the finale which appeared to show Pena and Rakoczy squaring off in the cage. How they let that get out of the editing room I don't know. And the Duke vs Morgan announcement could've waited until today.

Oh well. Finale is complete now with these fights;

image.adapt.320.medium.jpg

FOX SPORTS 1 MAIN CARD

Gray Maynard vs Nate Diaz

Julianna Pena vs Jessica Rakoczy - TUF 18 Womens Final

Chris Holdsworth vs Davey Grant - TUF 18 Mens Final

Jessamyn Duke vs Peggy Morgan

Raquel Pennington vs Roxanne Modafferi

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS

Akira Corassani vs Maximo Blanco

Rani Yahya vs Tom Niinimaki

Jared Rosholt vs Walter Harris

Sean Spencer vs Drew Dober

MMAJUNKIE PRELIMS

Ryan Benoit vs Joshua Sampo

• Paid Members

CONTINUING SPOILERS, but to be fair, it's not really spoilers as this is broadcast on BT same time as the US.

Anyway, I've yet to watch it myself but as Wand put above this was a bit of a fuck up on behalf of the UFC. The worrying thing is Pennington is a very dangerous striker so it could be another long night for Roxanne. It would be bloody heart breaking if this happens though. Don't think there's a nicer fighter out there.

3 women's fights on one card in the UFC, and the main card no less, surely that's history-making in a way. Be interesting to see how this is received.

I only saw the first couple of eps for this season, the TUF format has gone way stale for me. From what I saw, all the gals are very game and Chris Holdsworth is a dangerous dude. Should be a fun fight card.

I really hope the Maynard vs Diaz fight is a real barnburner, just to boost both men's stock. They're in a weird position in that they're both prominent names at 155, but are a million miles away from contention after recent fights and having received past opportunities at the title.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I meant to mention that. Three womens fights on the main card. If Nate wins the main event as well then this will probably go down as David's least favourite MMA show of all time.

I think Holdsworth vs Grant could end up being a hell of a fight. Holdsworth will rightly be favoured but Grant seems like one of those types who could pull it out on sheer determination.

I'd fancy Julianna in the womens final. Rakoczy has excellent striking so she could always land something but Julianna has really impressed on the show. Striking's sloppy but everything else looks good. Plus she's younger and I think she'll be the physically stronger of the two.

I like Holdsworth and Pena, both by submission.

Akira vs Maximo on the prelims could be the show stealer as well.

• Paid Members

The big thing for Davey Grant is that he's massive for his weight class. His size alone could cause Holdsworth problems.

However, I still favour Holdsworth in this fight and could once again win the fight with a slick sub.

Edit:- Just seen the staredown between Holdsworth and Grant and Holdsworth bizarrely looks bigger than Grant? Maybe it's Holdsworth's geeky look that's deceptive haha?

• Paid Members

just 2 men from the season make the finale, i guess the UFC is giving all the credit to the women who are well represented (and it appears that they all would have made it on if it wasn't for injuries).

Decent season though, fight standard was really good, the Meisha/Ronda stuff was great but there wasn't enough of it for me.

oh, and i'll be picking Pena/Holdsworth in the finale, i'd love to see Davey Grant win though.

Archived