Ultimate Fighter: Rousey v Tate

bono

Man, is Dana anxious about Rousey's image or what? I've seen worse antics between coaches in the house before and he'd laugh it off and rub his hands together in anticipation of the ratings, but a few posters get put up of a character from a cheap kung-fu movie and he's in there ripping them all off the walls before Rousey and her retarded coaches see them? :laugh:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

yeh, its weird.

The official reasoning Dana gave was that they filmed a recap show to fill the gap on some kind of national holiday in America, but that week isn't this week...so it appears there's been a cock up somewhere.

The fights have been great all season on both sides, but it's striking how big a difference there is in personality between the men and the women.

I don't know if it's the editing on UFC's part or the blokes are all a bunch of boring gits.

The dark-haired guy who fights next week (can't remember his name) is the only male to show any personality - sexist & cocky - since Gorman left in episode 1.

The rest are all pretty forgettable personalities, whereas off the top of my head I know that on the female side: Roxanne is the geeky one, Shayna is the respected veteran, Juliana is the girly one, Raquel is the lesbian, Jessamyn is the tall ex-model.

• Paid Members

And Peggy Morgan is the ginger giant.

Yeah, there's definitely more personality coming through from the women so far. I haven't looked up the numbers but I've heard a few times that the womens fights have been pulling better ratings as well.

I actually think they should've done an all women season this time. Give the blokes a much needed break. We've seen 17 seasons of that. 20 with TUF Brazil and The Smashes. I keep hearing there's not enough talent to do an all female TUF, but that's shite when you read about the turnout at the tryouts for this season. They could've just sodded off the elimination fights this time like they did on the Smashes and just had the women in the house from the off like the early TUFs. We'd have had Tara LaRosa and Tonya Evinger in the house then as well which could've been interesting. They could've always done a men and women TUF later on and saved that twist for a future TUF. This didn't need it because it already had enough of a novelty factor just having women on TUF. So they basically spunked two selling points in one go.

How come there was no fights on this weeks show? It was just a recap of whats happened over the season

I think they done it to make rousey look better. It was a very pro rousey episode. A lot of explaining went into the start of the season when she lost the plot.

But then she was back to her best again this week. Claiming she says everything to Misha's face then going straight into her team and complaining about the weight cut incident. Classic Rhonda

I agree it should of been all women this season. They are the more interesting bunch.

From the moment that Rousey signed with UFC I was very high on them doing an all female season. At the time I thought Rousey and Cyborg as coachs with an all female cast would gave the tired show a much need lick of paint.

If they had an all female show I could quite easily have seen them coming out with 5 good fighters who could have been at the level the guys who came and of TUF 1 were at. I just think it was more Dana was worried that people would'nt tune in if it was only women. As the ratings (except this weeks) have shown, the female fights have proved far more popular than the male ones in terms of having people watch the show!

However, being of FS1 has hurt them. This would have done much better numbers on FX.

• Paid Members

thoughts on the failed weight cut?

Cody is clearly going to regret that for the rest of his life. It's easy to have a go but he'd clearly reached his breaking point, does anyone hear have any kind of experience of weight cutting? it must absolutely fucking suck.

• Paid Members

He did an interesting interview where he said he has no regrets whatsoever and though it was unfortunate it happened in such an important match, nothing is worth permanently fucking up your body over.

Unfortunately he finishes by saying he'll be sticking at 135 lbs.

He did an interesting interview where he said he has no regrets whatsoever and though it was unfortunate it happened in such an important match, nothing is worth permanently fucking up your body over.

Unfortunately he finishes by saying he'll be sticking at 135 lbs.

You might be referring to this? http://placetobenation.com/grappletalk-oct...inger-and-more/

Cheap plug ;) I also spoke to Anthony for his view, and Sarah Moras too. I'm genuinely really happy with those interviews, they're well worth a listen.

Archived