Ultimate Fighter: Rousey v Tate

bono

Rousey is highly entertaining. The last 5 mins of episode two, i could watch over and over again.

'You smiling at my girls pain today...' and then struts off.

Then ep 3, she's like a school girl when they are at the bar.

I don't see how David's post was spoilers. It was shown last night.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ronda's great. Without her, the womens division would be like a slightly deeper 125. A bunch of solid technical fighters, good fights but no real personalities so no reason to care. Ronda brings that in spades, at least you're not indifferent to her. You're either wanting her to win or wanting her to get humbled. Whereas guys like Mighty Mouse, great fighter but I don't really care a great deal either way whether he wins or loses. 125 has the two the worst things a division can have IMO, indifference and a lack of depth. The lack of depth thing is improving but the indifference, there's no-one who stands out at 125 like Ronda does. That's not Mighty Mouse or whoever's fault, they can't fake it, but that's the way it is.

Personally I like Ronda and I want her reign to continue. But I definitely can see why people dislike her. My girlfriend has been watching TUF this time, she never does usually, and she absolutely hates Ronda. It's that strong I think it's on a level with my dislike of Frank Mir. I have no doubt if I was stuck in a room with her I'd find her ridiculously annoying but she's good entertainment and awesome to watch as a fighter. I've always had a soft spot for the fighters who go in and try to rip limbs off like Ronda and Palhares.

I don't see how David's post was spoilers. It was shown last night.

Yeah, but looking at the date on his post, he posted it yesterday.

Doesn't bother me personally. We've always gone by the US pace for TUF spoilers haven't we? Or am I wrong I can't remember? So once TUF airs on a Wednesday in the US, I avoid this thread. But I assume most on here are watching on Thursdays or after so to them it's a spoiler. I just play it safe and steer clear of this thread from Wednesday on usually.

Saying that, I'm glad Dave edited the post this time because like a mong, I totally forgot what day it was (I'm in the twilight zone from doing night shifts lately) and came in here before I've seen this week's episode.

Maybe bono could update the thread title saying Spoilers after Wednesday or Thursday or something?

Good point, well made. Whos the Mong now?

Yeah my girlfriend hates rhonda too. She seems all like a high school bully. Making herself look like a tit. I personally find it hilarious.

Good point, well made. Whos the Mong now?

Yeah my girlfriend hates rhonda too. She seems all like a high school bully. Making herself look like a tit. I personally find it hilarious.

Add my wife to the ever expanding list of girlfriends and wifes who hate Rousey. Hard not to laugh when she's screaming at the T.V. for Rousey to get over herself!

I can watch ronda,i find her tantrums quite funny but her coach thats working with her is a right tit.

The striking coach actually managed to make Bryan Caraway come across as the guy to feel sorry for. Managing that alone makes him a tit of the highest order.

I loved Rousey saying "not here" as if the guy is going to fight him in the street or something. Rousey and her crew are fucking morons. I can see now why she's friends with the disabled Diaz brothers.

• Paid Members
Since BT Sport are now airing the show live at 3am at the same time as its shown in the states, I see no issue about spoilers.

Just avoid the thread until you've seen it, pretty simple.

I wasn't aware they were showing it live. Thought it was Thu nights @ 11pm. If that's the case, then of course there would be no issues with spoilers.

• Paid Members

Ain't had much time to post much mma thoughts recently. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this season of tuf. Its crazy just how badly Ronda is coming off. The most embarrassing part was when Tate was calling Ronda's striking into question at the bar. For her to then call over her idiotic striking coach in an attempt to somehow win the argument was cringe worthy. It was almost like watching a child calling out to their Dad to back them up as they are on verge of having some sort of tantrum. Just terrible. Its actually quite incredible how mentally delicate Ronda actually is. Tate on the other hand is coming across as caring and extremely intelligent. On top of that she is absolutely stunning. JDS is right. Incredibly Bryan Carraway has come across very well and showed real maturity in this episode.

In relation to the fight, Chris Holdsworth looked great. His stand up was crisp and his ground game was precise. Great performance. Although it was a dickish move allowing that letter to be read out by that other guy. If he wants some 'action' that ain't the way to handle it.

Am also enjoying it so far. The Tate/Ronda and Men/Female dynamics are making interesting TV. Tate is definately coming across better than Rousey at the moment, but Tate didnt do herself any favours with the "Dont stand so close to my boyfriend" line, and the "You cant hit pads" line. Rousey's justification/explanation of her actions at the start of the show (getting Tate to be emotional) do seem rational, and not just a phoney excuse for her actions (even though its obvious she is a very bad loser).

Edmond Tarverdyan is a fucking moron, like a lot of the Armenian MMA crew in the US. Another moron trying to make himself a name is Tim Gorman.

I can sort of understand him calling out Bryan Caraway, but seriously man, why would Caraway even entertain fighting a nobody like that?

Yeah Ronda's a bit of a super-competitive nutter, but I still bloody love her. I actually don't know how anyone can like Miesha, she always just seems really slimy and insincere.

Bit torn with the next episode though, I'm kinda rooting for Miesha's girl in that one, but don't particularly wanna see Team Rousey go 0-3 either... :(

• Paid Members

think the show's been excellent up until now, it was obvious they were gonna play up to any kind of Male-Female relationship type stuff in the house, that's why they put them together, so i got no problems with that.

Are all Armenian people insane? anytime there's been an Armenian in MMA they've been completely nuts. Rousey and her crew come across like total nightmares, genuinely crazy people. I can now see why Ronda was worried about how she'd come across. It's not destroying her image because she's always been sold as being a fucking badass chick but i just re-inforces how i've always felt about her.

On the subject of Caraway, i never got on board with the hate-train that formed on him a few months back. He went from being a fairly unknown UFC undercarder to being one of the most hated men in the sport based off a couple of internet rumors and allegations. The tweet thing was clearly wrong, but stuff on twitter can always be misinterpreted wrongly. He's come across alright so far (though to be fair he's kinda been in the background).

I hold firm with my Chris Holdsworth pick, he looks great. Long and rangey for the weight and he knows how to use it standing. Guy seems like he has the recipe to cause a lot of damage.

One more point on the mental Armenians. Rousey's closely associated with them plus the Diaz Brothers, but there's been alot of beef in the past between the Diaz's and the Armenians (Nate/Nick/Karo/Manny). Did those lot sort their problems out?

Archived