Ultimate Fighter: Rousey v Tate

bono

• Paid Members
Dana White discussed this with Ariel around a month ago; he asked Dana how Rousey could possibly have thought she was being replaced considering she's the UFC golden girl... Apparently, it was because Rousey's lawyer/agent had pulled a dickhead move a few days before they started filming the show, by trying to leverage more money for her. Dana told him to fuck off and gave him an earful. So when she saw Meisha walk in, she thought Dana had decided to replace her because of that incident. Obviously she didn't know Zingana was injured, so that would be a reasonable thought to go through her head.

He's going to sack the holder of a UFC title, the main reason why a division exists within the company and tell FOX Sports that they're no longer getting the only reason why this season of the Ultimate Fighter is set up as it is and is being touted as the one to watch because her agent asked for more money?

I doubt she gave it that much rational thought in the heat of the moment when Meisha walked in unexpected, with cameras pointing at her, and knowing her agent & Dana had a blow-up a few days earlier.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ronda's already been saying the show left a sour taste in her mouth (or was that Dana? lol). She said recently she wouldn't do it again and that the crew fucked with her from day one trying to get her to lose it, which in turn obviously makes for better TV. That's their job on a show like this though and if she didn't expect an element of that going in she's a bit naive. She's already saying they've edited her to look mental, that old one, so she's clearly trying a bit of damage control before we see her go looney.

I don't care though. I like Ronda. At least she's not boring. She's obviously not quite the full shilling, as I guess a lot of child athletes grow up to be, but I like her no nonsense-sometimes irrational behavior. The Diaz sister. It's fighting, they're not all going to be nuns. Miesha giggling with Dana and agreeing with everything he said during the fights was a bit cringey, I thought.

I could well imagine Ronda being a nightmare to put up with day to day in real life, but watching her on TV, I think she's great. If she was already a bit unhinged, then hanging around crazy Armenians and the Diaz brothers will only have added to it.

• Paid Members

Anyone else catch the little exchange between John Pollock and Ronda at the TUF preview? Got a laugh out of me.

Pollock: Just curious to know if you brought in Judo Gene Lebell for any of the training sessions?

Rousey (sounding pissed): If I did, why would I tell you?

Pollock (a little taken back):Err, maybe just as a little tease?

Rousey: You calling me a tease?!

Pollock: :blush::duh:

As some people have said, she doesn't seem the smartest knife in the drawer and as we know, she's pretty volatile, especially when Tate is around. Meisha on the other hand seems to 'get it' and knows how to play the game to her advantage. To me, it feels like we're gonna see something similar to the Rampage/Evans season where Rampage really outed himself as a knob, and Rashad came off as a cool guy.

.. Unless Bryan Caraway is involved.

• Paid Members

That's it for me, Caraway is just such a detestable smarmy little shit she gets hate just by association. She does seem to be playing it well with Ronda this time. She got wound up by Ronda's trash talk last time, it probably took her by surprise a bit because we hadn't really seen it from her until then. This time though, Miesha isn't reacting by the looks of it. She's doing that thing where she just smiles back as Ronda gets more and more angry.

I don't think it's going to help her come fight night though. She might get some sense of satisfaction from winning the mind games on TUF, but once the fight starts I don't think all this bollocks will effect Ronda. She seems the type who will cry and scream and all that but then when it comes to the fight she'll want to make Miesha pay for making her look 'weak' on the show.

Ronda by first round armbar again for me.

• Paid Members
Ronda by first round armbar again for me.

Don't go getting all crazy with your predictions now Wand! ;)

Not sticking my neck out enough? OK, let's go mad. I'll go with a Rousey second round armbar. With Miesha being the first to see a sixth minute against Ronda. There, I've said it.

Im on Team Meisha, she was smoking hot in episode 1.

I prefer Blondes in general so I should have a preference for Rousey, but I have to agree Tate looked more than a bit tasty.

I found Dana White's authority act mildly amusing these days, the "you see the door" promo in the preview made me spit my brew out.

• Paid Members

Remember we were saying Tim Gorman seemed like he'd be the knobhead of this TUF?

"In all honesty, I think Miesha Tate's a great girl. She's super nice, great person, really smiley and just a real positive energy in general.

Obviously, she's a great looking girl. I'd love to take her out on a date sometime and I guess really the only thing holding me back from taking Miesha Tate out on a date is her boyfriend, Bryan Caraway. He fights in the UFC at 135 which just happens to be my weight class. I don't want any money, I'll fight for free. Bryan Caraway, I want you. Your girlfriend's on the line on this fight, buddy!"

Yeah, her having a boyfriend is the only thing stopping this guy taking her to KFC or wherever. Not the fact that, you know, Miesha might find him about as attractive as thrush. So, Caraway vs Gorman in a Miesha Tate on a pole match?

Thought this weeks was a good episode, Bazsler came across very arrogant and with the massive emphasis they were putting on her having said Pena didn't deserve to be in the cage with her, she couldn't hold a candle to the girls she'd already fought and beaten, there were some girls in there that could maybe beat her on her worst day and their best day but Pena wasn't one and such like that they were setting her up for a glorious fall.

I thought every time Pena hit her Bazsler looked extremely uncomfortable and for someone that is supposedly such a feared grappler and submission artist she made very hard work of controlling a relatively inexperienced and young fighter let alone actually being in a position to finish her. Overall a thoroughly deserved win for Pena.

With regards to the coaches, well I'm not surprised Rousey is so concerned about the possibility of public perception changing to her, she seems like an absolute nutter. Bursting into tears every two minutes and making random accusations with no substance isn't really going to live up to the ''easy going, bubbly, relatively attractive blonde fighter who also just happens to be a killer''.

Pena and Tate were very humble following Pena's victory in my opinion, espescially after all the shit Bazsler had been talking in the build up to the fight, her arrogance, the card at the weight in. At the finish neither of them ran over and got in the face of Bazsler or Rousey they just celebrated together as they were wholly justified to. Pena and Tate are friends and training partners and Pena had just pulled off a huge upset that even her own team mates weren't giving a chance of happening so why on earth would they not be smiling and celebrating? It's not even as though it was some form of huge over celebration type thing.

The whole ''you're going to pay for every smirk over my friends tears'' thing was cringeworthy, I've always questioned a few things over the Rousey hatred for Tate and Caraway such as why to my knowledge there hasn't ever been anyone come forward and back up any of Rousey's claims about alleged incidents other than her own coaching staff...let's also not forget what an arsehole Manny Gamburyan is and was on TUF back when he was fighting on it.

I think Caraway got an undue hard time over his comments that he would be willing to fight Rousey as well, Rousey was running her mouth being disrectful and trying to rip off the Diaz brothers saying that she would beat up Tate and her boyfriend then when Caraway said he'd happily accept that challenge she got all butt hurt about it and made it out like he was some big bully threatening to beat up a woman. I'm all for womens rights but I'm also all for equality and if you're a professional mixed martial artist trying to convince people that WMMA deserves to be on the same stage as mens then don't run your mouth about wanting to beat up a male fighter then start calling foul when he says ok.

When you see Rousey's hilarious over exaggerations and misinterpretations of scenarios it makes me think that the problem definately begins and ends with her.

Tate is playing 'the game' to perfection, and I'm loving it. She knows how illogical Rousey can be and knows that anything she does (intentionally or not) could cause her to kick off - in turn making Tate look like a saint and Rousey a bitch.

Don't get me wrong, Tate can be annoying and Caraway is insufferable but Rousey is just immature and can dish it out but can't take it. Caraway can be an annoying little turd but you know he'd be scared of anyone over 5 foot, whereas those crazy Armenians are bat-shit crazy and you wouldn't be surprised if they stabbed someone for saying their mams corned beef pasties were shit.

For those reasons I'm Team Tate all the way.....plus like Dos Santos, I'd love me some Cupcake.

• Paid Members

ronda-rousey-crying.jpg

You set of bastards.

Well;

*My early picks are Shayna Baszler for the women (second pick Jessamyn Duke)

Shows what I know. First part is out already. I still like Duke to go far though. And I must say, amongst my fence sitting last week I also said this...

Julianna Pena is the darkhorse though for me. If she upsets Baszler next week, she could go all the way.

I was really impressed. I'd never heard of her before this show but she's obviously going to be someone to keep an eye on. That's the great thing about this season, it's like the early seasons with the men. They're finding talent who can genuinely make a splash in their division. Baszler was almost everyone's #1 pick and Pena has just knocked her out of the running on week two. That's a big statement. I'll go ahead and predict a Duke vs Pena final.

Can't say I was sad to be wrong either. Baszler seems like such an irritating, cocky little fuck. To see her lose this early in the game, when she clearly came in thinking she had the show won, was sweet. Ha. I like Pena as well. Obviously loads of things have to fall into place but say she does well on the show and even wins the thing, one or two wins in the UFC and she'd be a great opponent for Ronda (assuming Ronda still holds the gold by then). I reckon it would make a pretty cool backstory with Pena being Miesha's mate, on Miesha's team against Team Rousey, beating Ronda's top gun early on. She's already talking as well. I saw a quote from Pena earlier that said;

"I made Ronda Rousey cry and I love it".

If things play out right, Rousey vs Pena could be one of those great organic rivalries that TUF used to produce, like Serra-Hughes and Leben-Koscheck.

With regards to the coaches, well I'm not surprised Rousey is so concerned about the possibility of public perception changing to her, she seems like an absolute nutter. Bursting into tears every two minutes and making random accusations with no substance isn't really going to live up to the ''easy going, bubbly, relatively attractive blonde fighter who also just happens to be a killer''.

I don't think Ronda has ever been described as "easy going" or "bubbly" has she? It's common knowledge that she's a bit Looney Toons. Even Dana doesn't try to spin it. I've never heard anyone say she's particularly nice away from the cage. She doesn't seem to have any concept of how she comes across when she acts out. She reminds me a lot of Tyson in that way. But while it might not be to everyone's taste, it's over the top nutters like that which get people invested in fights. You don't want two dead heads on a show like TUF, bleating on about "warrior spirit" and respect all the time. A bit of that is all good but it gets boring fast. Ronda's clearly been raised as a bit of a spoiled brat, as a lot of athletes are. And she throws a tantrum when things don't go 100% to the letter. But there's much bigger pricks in MMA than Ronda. She's great for MMA.

I think Caraway got an undue hard time over his comments that he would be willing to fight Rousey as well, Rousey was running her mouth being disrectful and trying to rip off the Diaz brothers saying that she would beat up Tate and her boyfriend then when Caraway said he'd happily accept that challenge she got all butt hurt about it and made it out like he was some big bully threatening to beat up a woman. I'm all for womens rights but I'm also all for equality and if you're a professional mixed martial artist trying to convince people that WMMA deserves to be on the same stage as mens then don't run your mouth about wanting to beat up a male fighter then start calling foul when he says ok.

Caraway was a massive cunt in that example. Saying he wanted to "knock Ronda's teeth down her throat". I've got zero time for that. Yeah, she'd said stuff first but he revealed himself to be a right knob in his retort. There's plenty of better ways he could have handled that. Ignoring it for one. Or if he felt the need that he just had to respond, he could have easily just said something like, 'yeah, concentrate on my missus you silly sod'. Threatening violence against a woman (even if that woman is an MMA fighter and Olympian Judoka who called you out first) always makes you look a cunt.

When you see Rousey's hilarious over exaggerations and misinterpretations of scenarios it makes me think that the problem definately begins and ends with her.

He allegedly elbowed Cat Zingano in the head at the weigh in for Zingano vs Tate as well though. That was nothing to do with Ronda. Now I know some will jump on the 'allegedly' there and say there was no proof, but I fail to see why Cat Zingano, who never has a bad word to say about anyone, would make that up.

Caraway is a twat. Ronda may well be as well, but two twats don't make it right to threaten violence against women IMO. You're right though, Ronda is the queen of overreaction and over dramatisation if this week's episode is typical of her.

For those reasons I'm Team Tate all the way.....plus like Dos Santos, I'd love me some Cupcake.

Miesha should really upgrade. Kick Caraway to the kerb. JDS is a single man now isn't he? I'm sure I read he was going through a divorce recently. Miesha should drop that creepy little berk and let Junior 'Nicest Man In The World' Dos Santos take her out. Her likability would go up ten-fold just by getting rid of that loser.

Archived