Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Nostalgia is a funny old thing. To me there's nothing memorable about their run at all, I don't think they ever actually got over - and they stuck around through the era where absolutely everybody got over.

They were bloody terrible in ROH a couple of years back too.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Jesus fuck, the Headbangers? Anyone with a nostalgia hit from those two are sick in the head. It's not a bad idea to bring them in for a couple of shot deal to put guys over so that teams aren't constantly facing each other, but I'd be worried about the health of anyone that would be getting excited by them.

Really enjoyed Smackdown this week. I echo what everyone is saying about AJ Styles, he is just on fire at the moment and looks like a superstar. 

I'm hoping he wins the belt, Ambrose gets his rematch and then Ziggler costs Ambrose (thus Ziggler turning heel, Styles maintaining his heat) and then Styles holds the belt all the way to Mania. 

I think the only issue is who would Styles face in the next six months? Orton would probably be locked on after he gets a win back vs Wyatt, Cena re-match will surely happen? I'm lost after that though! 

Really enjoyed Smackdown this week. I echo what everyone is saying about AJ Styles, he is just on fire at the moment and looks like a superstar. 

I'm hoping he wins the belt, Ambrose gets his rematch and then Ziggler costs Ambrose (thus Ziggler turning heel, Styles maintaining his heat) and then Styles holds the belt all the way to Mania. 

I think the only issue is who would Styles face in the next six months? Orton would probably be locked on after he gets a win back vs Wyatt, Cena re-match will surely happen? I'm lost after that though! 

Given the way WWE booked SummerSlam, I doubt it'd hurt if they did someone's suggestion earlier and do Styles vs. Slater at Survivor Series. Let's be honest, there's probably going to be a big Universal Title match, maybe a big SmackDown vs. RAW elimination match, might as well give Slater a shot and see how it goes.

If they don't do that, bring back the Elimination Chamber and have Slater do the Santino run where he nearly steals it but ultimately taps to a Calf Crusher or something.

Actually, thinking about it, here's how the next 6 months go; September & October PPVs are Styles vs. Ambrose (Title Win & Rematch), November can be something like Styles vs. Slater, run Styles vs. Orton through December, January & potentially February (or maybe do a big chamber match or something), have Cena win the Rumble and get his revenge in a big WWE Title Wrestlemania Main Event.

Given the way WWE booked SummerSlam, I doubt it'd hurt if they did someone's suggestion earlier and do Styles vs. Slater at Survivor Series. Let's be honest, there's probably going to be a big Universal Title match

That seems very optimistic, given Raw's roster. The only possibilities they've got for a big title match is some combination of Reigns, Rollins and Lesnar, and they've all already fought each other plenty. A Raw title match at Survivor Series could well be Kevin Owens vs Cesaro or some shit.

Given the way WWE booked SummerSlam, I doubt it'd hurt if they did someone's suggestion earlier and do Styles vs. Slater at Survivor Series. Let's be honest, there's probably going to be a big Universal Title match

That seems very optimistic, given Raw's roster. The only possibilities they've got for a big title match is some combination of Reigns, Rollins and Lesnar, and they've all already fought each other plenty. A Raw title match at Survivor Series could well be Kevin Owens vs Cesaro or some shit.

Winner of the best of 7 does get a title match to be fair. I would rather see cesaro get a shot than sheamus in the main event picture again good god

Given how small the rosters are, I wouldn't mind a pay per view (Survivor Series?) where the brands go against each other so not as much emphasis on the world titles to be defended if they have a Survivor Series match. You can still have some of the other belts defended though.

Yeah Halo team deathmatch can piss right off. They'll never do it with so many Network things to fill but a brand war should be kept off for at least a year. They managed to go three years first time around without a full scale angle.

Archived