Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lovely bit of simple wrestling build for Corbin on this show.

I've always been a fan TBH, but he's kinda drifted around a bit since being drafted up.

Last night, he lays out Ziggler in the opening segment, then on commentary AJ plays up that he's a threat to the title. And all of a sudden, he's a threat to the title. Fine work.

Really enjoying Orton in the Wyatts

Really glad that for now at least they have gone all in with Orton and The Wyatt Family. I think most of us expected Orton to have RKO'd Bray long before now.

Still some nice tension bubbling under the surface with Harper as well. He really needs some wins though.

Smackdown has always been pg since day one.

I'm sure I read that some episodes were TV-MA, I only know of one though. What are they rated on the Network now?

Really glad that for now at least they have gone all in with Orton and The Wyatt Family. I think most of us expected Orton to have RKO'd Bray long before now.

Still some nice tension bubbling under the surface with Harper as well. He really needs some wins though.

There was an interview with Orton the other day which I was having a glance at and he said he is loving his role in the Wyatt Family so hopefully they keep it up for a while.

• Paid Members

Indeed. They usually decide against it a month in, but stretching this out to 'Mania is the way to go. I usually find Bray and Orton to be a bit boring, but together they've managed to make themselves somewhat watchable.

I also echo the love of the Styles/Ellsworth squash. Sometimes WWE are weird and decide against it, but it was the most logical finish and ended this story of Ellsworth v Styles (for now) in the best possible fashion, as it made Styles look every part your WWE Champion. Styles mauling Ellsworth at the end was a thing of beauty too.

Be a shame if we don't get Styles v The Undertaker in the coming months. I'm not even a big Undertaker fan, but Styles deserves the rub, and he's pretty much elevated everyone whenever he's had the chance, since turning heel. Outside of Cena, I can't see anyone else on the roster that can give Undertaker the classic sort of match that Styles can.

I agree that The Miz is perfect in his current role. Quite remarkable how he's managed to turn his career around since they got Maryse back on screen. Unlike pretty much all their heels, he has no real interest in getting any cheers. Basic matches that tell the story over movez, does the job brilliantly.

Carmella was really good too in both her appearances. Not sure how I feel about the jealousy storyline, because of the content and the two people in it it feels more like a divas feud rather than something from the womenswrestlingclapclapclapclapclap era. "And that's why your man will never marry you!" It's already a bit archaic. Natalya seemed like she got lost a few times in that promo as well. Still, they do a much better job with the women here than on Raw. I've enjoyed how they keep Becky vs Alexa going.

I wondered about whether they were doing this to intertwine the storylines on Total Divas. In nikki Bella' case, from the few episodes I've watched of it seems to be centred around Cena's non commitment to her.

Or just a Ru-hash of women calling each other bitches and whores.

Got a great feeling about the Carmella/Ellsworth thing. I think I said after TLC, Ellsworth is such a ridiculous unique character, his heel "run" only needs to last a couple weeks and now can go straight back to being pure sympathy

I can see them doing a thing where he helps her on the outside in her matches, causing distractions and such cos he reckons he has a chance with her and she's just stirring the whole thing up, could be great

Getting back into WWE again through the last few episodes of Smackdown. It's simple but what sets it apart is that they are putting round pegs in round holes and actually improving people. Other than Dolph as a title threat I can't think of anyone who doesn't 'fit'.

Smackdown seem to be going towards a more 'reality' narrative by weaving in total divas and talking smack and I think it is allowing people a chance to develop their natural personas a little more. I became a fan of Baron on Breaking Ground and I am excited to see more of that guy on TV.

• Members

There's a dunce at my office that knows I like wrestling who always watches everything live and asks me if I've seen it the next day. He reads all the rumour sites and believes absolutely everyting. He came up to me Wednesday morning asking if I'd seen Smackdown all excited telling me someone had "gone off script". Turns out he meant Miz' remark to Renee. He's told me that the office are fuming and going to strip him of the title asap and that Ambrose is going to batter him.

Archived