Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

just watched my first episode of Talking Smack, it's a strange but enjoyable show isn't it? Daniel Bryan looked confused during the entire thing but i think it blurs the line between reality and kayfabe pretty well. I pretty much watch the shows in highlight form these days but watching Talking Smack afterwards is a nice little footnote. I see Raw are starting their own version now.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ Styles is so great and he knows it too. He knows hes the man.

A lot of heels would have loved getting their name chanted like he did at the start of the show but he managed to shut the fans down like a heel should do. He's so far and away the most engaging character on either show.

If they aren't going to do Cena vs Taker then they should build towards a final showdown with Cena and AJ at mania. Have Cena finally beat him and get number 16.

AJ Styles is so great and he knows it too. He knows hes the man.

A lot of heels would have loved getting their name chanted like he did at the start of the show but he managed to shut the fans down like a heel should do. He's so far and away the most engaging character on either show.

If they aren't going to do Cena vs Taker then they should build towards a final showdown with Cena and AJ at mania. Have Cena finally beat him and get number 16.

And then sit back and watch the Internet have the biggest smark-hissyfit imaginable. You imagining it? Well imagine more, MORE!

Book it I say

• Paid Members

Do you suppose we have the Miz/Ziggles rematch at Survivor Series? Maybe Rusev answers the challenge as Ziggles & Lana have previous? There could be some interesting husband/wife backstage bants between Rusev/Lana & Miz/Maryse. I'm just thinking what else to put on what would otherwise be a 4 match card. IC Title, Cruiserweight title and somebody's coffee getting spilt during the preshow? Corbin Vs Swagger again? a random Raw 5v5 and a random Smackdown 5 v 5? Do we have the roster depth for that?

No, no and no would be my guess.

I imagine the card will end up..

Brock/Goldberg

Mens 5v5

Womens 5v5

Tag 5v5

Ziggler IC Title open challenge

Cruiserweight Title match

I imagine the 3 survivors matches will get a lot of time, the tag one especially could be a cracker given the time.

Brothers of Destruction against Orton and Wyatt?

Would have made sense for that to be at Survivor Series, given it's the 30th anniversary of the show (which they've hardly mentioned considering the impressive landmark) and that's the event where the Undertaker debuted. But with Orton and Wyatt both on SmackDown's team in the Survivor Series, I can't see them pulling double duty.

If the streak was still going and Taker hadn't already beat both Orton and Wyatt at that event, it would have made for a good match there as well. Orton could add another to his legend killer gimmick, Wyatt could claim to be the mastermind behind the man ending the streak, Kane could take the fall so Taker can say he's never actually lost at WrestleMania and blame Kane for the slight blemish against his name leading to a career v career match the following WrestleMania. Alas, that's all out of the window due to Lesnar ending the streak.

Archived