Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don't think Orton has turned at all. I reckon Orton and Kane came up with that plan to fuck with Wyatt.  Why would they have Orton join the Wyatt's when it's obvious there's going to be a gimmick match coming up between them.  Orton needs his win back from No Mercy.

I can't say I'm fussed about being seeing Nikki or Natalya ever again but at least putting the captaincy of SmackDown's women team on the line made it have meaning. And the beat down after the match from Carmella was a good sight. But as I said earlier, it's all for nothing because Nia Jax will be the surprise entrant on Team RAW's women's side and she will win the match for them.

Quite enjoy Smackdown for the most part. It's an easy watch and generally makes sense.

Which is why I don't understand why Carmella wouldn't cost Nikki that match. It would add to the feud.

Also thought they wasted the stfu, after Carmella's recent comments about Nikki and Cena surely that should have been the finish to their match.

The Alexa/Becky segment was horribly forced but entertaining.

I did think watching WWE this week that they really don't have enough good talent for two shows. Parts of Smackdown felt like watching Main Event. They could cut a lot of the roster and have a good show top to bottom.

I think you're right, but I hope you're not. A total gimmick overhaul - and a lasting one - for Orton would be really interesting. A minor swerve would not.

Was thinking the same, would love Orton to really grow out his facial hair and roll with Bray & Harper for a while, I'd keep him completely quiet aswell during the run. No reason why they couldn't get to Mania before they face again.

Saying that I'm fully expecting an RKO to Bray next week.

Was thinking the same, would love Orton to really grow out his facial hair and roll with Bray & Harper for a while, I'd keep him completely quiet aswell during the run. No reason why they couldn't get to Mania before they face again.

There is a reason. Dean Ambrose vs AJ Styles drew a terrible rating this week, and it's already been going since August. They can't run with that for the next six months. The only other active top babyface on SmackDown is Randy Orton.

Yeah I suppose.

Although I was hoping that the draft pick rumours for the survivor series winners was true so that they could bring one or two to fued with AJ whilst waiting for the inevitable Cena programme at Mania.

Plus Kane must be due his annual WWE title fued by now too.

That way Orton/AJ is a fresh fued post WM next year.

Won't happen I know, just be nice to see Randy involved with something different, him and Harper could even have a short tag title run or something at the turn of the year.

Aye exactly, if Smackdown win at Survivor Series, and youd imagine they will, then bringing new guys over should mean you can save an AJ/Orton feud till after WrestleMania, tho it'll probably mean Cena is champ by then.

Bringing Cesaro and say Zayn or even Big E and Rusev from RAW will be enough to keep AJ and Ambrose busy until Cenas back at the start of the year

Yeah I suppose.

Although I was hoping that the draft pick rumours for the survivor series winners was true so that they could bring one or two to fued with AJ whilst waiting for the inevitable Cena programme at Mania.

That would be good in theory, but it's not like Raw has got a main event babyfaces to burn either. There's just Reigns and Rollins on that side, and that's a longer show so definitely can't lose either of them. You could maybe have Sami Zayn switch and go for the belt, but Zayn doesn't seem on that level at all now. He really has fallen off the radar since he won the feud-ender against Owens. 

You're probably right about Kane getting a shot in there somewhere. That'll kill a month or two. There's surely no chance of that AJ vs Michaels dream match at the Runble, but for the size of that show, AJ defending against Kane or Kalisto doesn't seem right.

• Paid Members

Zayn has got lost in the shuffle but I do think him switching is an ideal scenario. He'll have great matches with Styles, who needs a new opponent desperately, and there is loads of scope to build Sami if they tell the audience anything about him other than "KO is his best friend who betrayed him".

I think the Strowman program can do wonders for him, if he gets killed in Braun's best match to date he should get real sympathy from it - there's already fucks online going 'zOMG can U believe they're pairing Strowman with Zayn', completely failing to grasp how underdogs should be booked

• Paid Members

I've enjoyed the Strowman squashes. A great throwback. But there's not a chance in hell that he has more potential than Zayn. Especially in current whiny wankers entertainment.

Zayn can survive a kick-in from Strowman though. Because he appeals to a section of the crowd who'll only like him more for being buried by the current flavour of the month. Which is fine, I like Sami a lot. I think they can both win out of this feud.

Archived