Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye Ellsworth vs Styles for the belt next week. Decent bit of fun for a couple of weeks. Be interestig to see if Styles defends the title at Survivor Series or competes in the 5 on 5, so might be treading water for a few weeks.

Good show again like -so much easier to watch than RAW, 2 hours fly by and nothing too offensive.

Miz was on good form again at the start, Ziggler was back to being himself again after excelling thelast couple.of weeks.

Skim RAW now but always watch SmackDown, good little wrestling show. Talking Smack was pretty good again as well.

• Paid Members

If Miz is still at odds with Daniel Bryan by Royal Rumble time, I really want them to play Bryan's music at number 30, let the crowd briefly go mental and then have Miz come out instead, aping the Yes entrance. 

• Members

If Miz is still at odds with Daniel Bryan by Royal Rumble time, I really want them to play Bryan's music at number 30, let the crowd briefly go mental and then have Miz come out instead, aping the Yes entrance.

And have another crowd shit all over the rest of the Rumble and the winner again for a cheap pop?

And have another crowd shit all over the rest of the Rumble and the winner again for a cheap pop?

Or have Miz win

Difference is this time WWE are engineering that reaction and hoping for it, and Miz will bloody revel in it, rather than them booing and WWE going "shit, we have to get Batista/Reigns cheered, what the fuck do we do now". I like the idea myself. Miz can play that role perfectly.

• Paid Members

Difference is this time WWE are engineering that reaction and hoping for it, and Miz will bloody revel in it, rather than them booing and WWE going "shit, we have to get Batista/Reigns cheered, what the fuck do we do now". I like the idea myself. Miz can play that role perfectly.

This was what I meant, sorry should have explained that better. By engineering that response you forward the Miz-Bryan issue, put heat on Miz and either have him win it, or get a big babyface reaction for whoever does eliminate him. I think Miz could pull it off really well and get a proper heel reaction out of a crown who are probably going to shit on whoever wins anyway, because much like the boos for Reigns it's just a thing crowds do now regardless of what is actually presented. 

• Paid Members

If you advertise a Daniel Bryan match at Wrestlemania then there's a type of match that you have to deliver, and a match in which he doesn't take a single bump is not that match. Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with it, but today's type of fan (dickheads, essentially) would almost certainly turn on the match.

If you advertise a Daniel Bryan match at Wrestlemania then there's a type of match that you have to deliver, and a match in which he doesn't take a single bump is not that match. Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with it, but today's type of fan (dickheads, essentially) would almost certainly turn on the match.

Because he's certainly never had a very short match at mania before!

This is a bloody superb idea and I'm now gutted as I know it's not going to happen.

Seconded. Would make a great moment, and Miz would be a totally deserving winner.

Archived