The Worst of TNA

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't Claire Lynch the actresses secondary job as well, and her main bread and butter came from working as Belle off Beauty and the Beast in Disneyland just walking about like a Mickey Mouse or Goofy and she chose it over TNA?

I seem to remember it being Olive Oil from Popeye...

Mick Foley versus Sting with Foley going over. I consider it along the lines of what they did to RVD that was mentioned earlier in the thread. I mean sure it would have been ok had it been the pre 2005 Foley but the match was just awful and I don't see why Sting had to lose, he could have lost to Angle in the KOTM 2 months later.

• Paid Members

Sting keeps Eric bischoff from intefering in mr Andersons cage match with...someone by putting a crow on his desk. Bischoff sells this. Said match, which is a lumberjack cage match, ends when bully ray opens the door to the cage and interferes. The door, you see, was unlocked.

Edit: beer money lose to the British Invasion in a cage match by disqualification.

• Paid Members
More recent was the "Kato" they used (or mis-used,depends on how you view it)

losing CM Punk

Hindsight's a wonderful thing. I think it's absolutely mental that people want to criticize the use of Okada at the time considering he was a complete nobody in Japanese terms before he went home. Utter no name and not really a proven commodity in terms of match quality. What are you supposed to do with limited access to a foreign guy who has no buzz but some talent that precisely NOBODY would sit up and go "fuck me!" if he showed up on Impact? Put him in the ring with the Doug Williams and Alex Shelleys of the world and see if you get some good matches, which is what they did.

As for Punk, he and Dinero were completely marginal guys in TNA at the time he was let go. Yes, he was making some noise having a good character-driven feud with Raven across the indies, but losing CM Punk in early 2004 meant fuck all to TNA. I don't particularly care for the forthcoming "yeah but look how good and what a big name he became" argument either, because had he remained in TNA, he wouldn't have become that guy. Sorry.

All the good shit has been taken so I'm going to go with Jim "show me the money" Cornette trying to strip LAX of the tag team Title's for saying mean things about America (or something equally stupid the exact reason escapes me right now) which was really fucking lame.

Speaking of LAX..... electrified cage match. Getting "electrocuted" in a match was beyond goofy in 1991, never mind the 21st Century. Insulting.

Edit: beer money lose to the British Invasion in a cage match by disqualification.

Yeah, they've done some fucking mindless finishes in their time. Take this one from the AMW v Team 3D match at Final Resolution 2006 :

"Ray had pinned Harris but the referee was blinded when he made the pin, Team Canada ran in afterwards and laid out Team 3D and put Harris on top of Ray. When the referee's sight returned he saw Harris on top of Ray and awarded AMW the match."

That's the right - the ref calls what he didn't see. And how about this blinder from the Team 3D v Doug & Magnus table match for the IWGP tag team titles :

"After the referee was knocked out, chaos ensued with Terry and other members of the World Elite becoming involved. Devon put Williams through a table, but then Eric Young hit Devon with the IWGP title belt, laid Devon over the table and rewoke the referee making him think that Devon had been put through the table."

What a fucking farce. New Japan didn't want to honour the change at first, and I wish they fucking hadn't. Finishes like that are not "creative" they're fucking bollocks. I'm trying my best to pretend it's real, and you do cobblers like that. No referee in a real sport would make a call like that based on what he hasn't fucking seen, especially when it determines the winner! In a TITLE match!!! Ludicrous. Utter swinging bell ends.

Fuck TNA.

• Paid Members
All the good shit has been taken so I'm going to go with Jim "show me the money" Cornette trying to strip LAX of the tag team Title's for saying mean things about America (or something equally stupid the exact reason escapes me right now) which was really fucking lame.

That whole period (when Russo first took over, I think) was absolute murder. A lot of the time it seemed like Russo was just trolling Cornette by making him (as on air authority figure) "book" the kind of shit Cornette rants about in his shoot interviews.

In fact that time was full of moronic stuff. Off the top of my head I can think of:

- LAX going from Latino Revolutionaries who wanted to take over the United States to a bunch of blokes who kept SAYING that they were going to burn the American flag, without actually doing it. When they eventually DID try to burn the flag, they were stopped by that noted American Patriot, Petey Williams.

- Eric Young's feud with Bobby Roode which went on for ages and seemed to have the same stipulation (if Eric Young loses - He's fired!!!!) at least once a month.

- AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels' competitive rivalry led to the demise of their tag team and friendship. Russo swerved us by having AJ turn on Daniels though, which would've created a fresh dynamic if they'd actually feuded, but they didn't. AJ feuded with Rhino because Rhino lectured him about being a prick to his mate, or something.

The worst though was Angle vs Joe. Rushing it was bad enough but the result was fucking insane. Joe wasn't just TNA's top home grown talent, he was the undefeated guy who'd murdered everybody else on the roster and they had him lose, by submission no less, to a guy who'd ended his WWE run on their "C" show. Madness.

Archived