The Worst of TNA

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Saw a thread about this on another forum, inspired by the Tito Ortiz reveal. List the maddest shit over their 11 years. There's a lot of it.

-Sacking Dutch, Cornette, Savio and BG James just because they were friends with Jeff Jarrett when they were mad at him.

-Not running with Monty Brown when he was over.

-Setting most of the bottom half of Abyss on fire backstage in a dangerous angle and not geting the okay from Spike so they couldn't air it.

-Taking Jeremy Borash off TV and replacing him with Bubba the Love Sponge.

-Letting Alex Shelley leave.

Go.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw a thread about this on another forum, inspired by the Tito Ortiz reveal. List the maddest shit over their 11 years. There's a lot of it.

-Sacking Dutch, Cornette, Savio and BG James just because they were friends with Jeff Jarrett when they were mad at them.

-Not running with Monty Brown when he was over.

-Setting most of the bottom half of Abyss on fire backstage in a dangerous angle and not geting the okay from Spike so they couldn't air it.

-Taking Jeremy Borash off TV and replacing him with Bubba the Love Sponge.

-Letting Alex Shelley leave.

Go.

Most obvious one is that Sting vs Abyss Last Rites match.

And all the cross promotion they did with the Jackass film was a complete waste of time and space.

• Moderators

Taping Rikishi calling Bobby Roode a jobber, going over him and televising it only for Rikishi not to sign a contract so never appear again.

Bobby Roode gets over as top face organically, crowd are super behind him, change finish of the BFG main event vs an injured Angle literally minutes before they're due to go out.

Garrett Bischoff: Pro Wrestler

The Dixie Carter "You do things my way or fuck off" talent meeting and then televising it.

This thread begins and ends with RVD's debut.

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

They have him debut by beating Sting in seconds. And, if (and it is a BIG if) they'd have ended it there, it'd at least be in the top five for this thread anyway. I mean, it's bullshit, immature booking of the highest order to embarrass your top star just to get over a new star. If you're a wrestling promoter who can't get Rob Van Dam over without emasculating Sting, then you should probably just fuck off anyway.

BUT, TNA to their credit (nah, not really) did understand that they had to give Sting back his heat.

So, that's what they did.

Immediately.

So, on his debut, within minutes, RVD was getting beaten up. Badly.

To make this even hilarious-er, the whole segment ended with a stare down between Hogan and Sting. Yeah. Hogan. And Sting. RVD was just lying there with his arse in his hands, wondering where it'd all gone wrong.

Fucking awful.

*EDIT* Honourable mention goes out to not being able to, on short notice, come up with anything other then sending out a drugged up Hardy to get bitched out by Sting, after a weird cover-up conversation with Bischoff. There are so many short-cuts they could have taken, it's unbelievable. The fans were going home feeling short changed anyway. Just run a fucking beatdown angle, you mongs. At least that way you're giving yourself possibilities to make soup out of shite. If they'd just panned to the back and seen Hardy beaten down by a 'mystery assailant' (because, you know, TNA are great with mystery wrestlers/old MMA fighters), then rushed out another opponent, the fans would have been short changed on the one hand, but at least have seen a proper match. Shite.

• Paid Members
The Dixie Carter "You do things my way or fuck off" talent meeting and then televising it.

That was pretty sickening. She just spoke down to the whole roster. Incredible they put that on TV.

For those who haven't seen it. If TNA goes out of business this will be played over and over again.

Bobby Roode gets over as top face organically, crowd are super behind him, change finish of the BFG main event vs an injured Angle literally minutes before they're due to go out.

This one for me. Roode was huge going into that match. That video of him feeding the ducks was amazing. Storm winning the title the next week was a great visual, but such a stupid move in hindsight. It's been nearly two years and this stands as Storm's only title reign. There's no reason Roode couldn't have won the title and just faced Storm two weeks later instead.

Letting Jeff Hardy go out in that state at Victory Road 11 has to be up there too.

• Paid Members
In January 2010 when they did that 'Screw job' and Angle kept shouting 'I will go to WWE'. Stop mentioning the rival fucking company.

That's fuck all in the grand scheme of things. There isn't a man alive that watches TNA and isn't aware of WWE's programming.

• Paid Members
This thread begins and ends with RVD's debut.

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

They have him debut by beating Sting in seconds. And, if (and it is a BIG if) they'd have ended it there, it'd at least be in the top five for this thread anyway. I mean, it's bullshit, immature booking of the highest order to embarrass your top star just to get over a new star. If you're a wrestling promoter who can't get Rob Van Dam over without emasculating Sting, then you should probably just fuck off anyway.

BUT, TNA to their credit (nah, not really) did understand that they had to give Sting back his heat.

So, that's what they did.

Immediately.

So, on his debut, within minutes, RVD was getting beaten up. Badly.

To make this even hilarious-er, the whole segment ended with a stare down between Hogan and Sting. Yeah. Hogan. And Sting. RVD was just lying there with his arse in his hands, wondering where it'd all gone wrong.

Fucking awful.

*EDIT* Honourable mention goes out to not being able to, on short notice, come up with anything other then sending out a drugged up Hardy to get bitched out by Sting, after a weird cover-up conversation with Bischoff. There are so many short-cuts they could have taken, it's unbelievable. The fans were going home feeling short changed anyway. Just run a fucking beatdown angle, you mongs. At least that way you're giving yourself possibilities to make soup out of shite. If they'd just panned to the back and seen Hardy beaten down by a 'mystery assailant' (because, you know, TNA are great with mystery wrestlers/old MMA fighters), then rushed out another opponent, the fans would have been short changed on the one hand, but at least have seen a proper match. Shite.

To be fair thats about as shit as it gets.

There are so many things wrong with RVDs debut its untrue. As for jeff thats probably the lowest point in TNA history

• Paid Members

I don't know all the ins and outs but Austin Aries shoving his bollocks in Christy Hemme's face deserves bringing up in here I suppose.

Also, the whole Jesse Sorensen situation, but especially them leaving the poor fucker lying there while the ref counts to 10.

Hiring Mr Ken Anderson Kennedy.

Hotshotting the shit out of Kurt vs Joe.

My memory is sketchy, but did they not have about 4 matches on PPV in a row, including one being an iron man match.

That's right. They had at least one match on Impact in the first few months I think as well. They probably could have got loads of mileage out of them two but they spunked it all away immediately.

Oh, didn't TNA kill Scott Steiner's cock as well? The bastards.

Archived