The Worst of TNA

IANdrewDiceClay

*EDIT* Honourable mention goes out to not being able to, on short notice, come up with anything other then sending out a drugged up Hardy to get bitched out by Sting, after a weird cover-up conversation with Bischoff. There are so many short-cuts they could have taken, it's unbelievable. The fans were going home feeling short changed anyway. Just run a fucking beatdown angle, you mongs. At least that way you're giving yourself possibilities to make soup out of shite. If they'd just panned to the back and seen Hardy beaten down by a 'mystery assailant' (because, you know, TNA are great with mystery wrestlers/old MMA fighters), then rushed out another opponent, the fans would have been short changed on the one hand, but at least have seen a proper match. Shite.

This. I was at this show (and the impacts they taped the next three days) to say fans were miffed was an understatement. The only good thing about this was seeing some holier than thou smark ( who would turn his back when anyone he didnt like wrestled and talk about the wrestlers "real" lives) reaction to it was priceless.

The impacts after it need a mention as well when mexican america debut and the shows afterwards a big ass flag blocked out most of the view for people facing the hard cam, utter stupidity

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing Jushin Liger over and putting him on PPV for 7 minutes

Letting Tommy Dreamer choose his own ring attire

AJ Styles in a match with a real MMA fighter

Paying Brian Kendrick to just preform drop kicks week in week out

losing CM Punk

This could be a looong thread

• Paid Members
Setting most of the bottom half of Abyss on fire backstage in a dangerous angle and not geting the okay from Spike so they couldn't air it

Can someone explain this.. Is there any footage?

In true TNA fashion, they uploaded the rehearsal footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=Auy1WIYYvA0

Which begs the question, why rehearse it? Do it in one pre-recorded take?

I counted at least half a dozen people in that TNA/Dixie Carter meeting who are no longer there. Biggest piece of turd has to be Judas Mesias, it could have been a really good little feud but TNA took a great steaming dump on it. The worst thing is IMO is that it made James Mitchell look bad which he really didnt deserve.

• Paid Members
Voodoo Kin Mafia.

Was that around the time they had a HHH and Vince impersonator walking around backstage looking for a tape or something?

What about Jeff Hardy turning up pissed for a PPV and Sting having to squash him in a minute?

• Paid Members
Basically shitting on all the hard work and storylines the roster had essentially created for themselves between October 2009 and January 2010 so they could see to Hogans every whim. Those few months were golden on Impact and PPV

Such a fallacy. What was good about it? People always pick of Nigel McGuinness and Kurt Angle and the recycled Joe, Daniels and Styles matches, but Impact was the dirt worst around that time. Really fucking shocking.

I've never watched TNA week-in week-out, but I did see that Janice thing, what a pile of crap that was. Abyss is running around with a plank of wood with nails in it, that could kill someone. And it's called fucking Janice. I remember he accidently broke it in half in it's first appearance (when he hit it against a giant chunk of raw meat.) It was shite. Remember when Van Dam was "slaughtered" by it and lay there in gallons of blood. Just sheer crap. Janice on a pole? Dear me....

Oh god sorry I offended you so badly by having an opinion that a lot of people do and you don't agree with ...are you ok?

Yeah off memory Wolfe Vs Angle was good as was the rehash of the Daniels Vs Joe Vs AJ feud and I can remember vividly thinking it would be shit and being pleasantly surprised. I also enjoyed the World Elite faction with Eric Young, the British Invasion. Honourable mention from my memory to Amazing Red, The Dudleys and Rhino as a heel group and towards the end Scott Steiner thinking the MEM was still going.

I will however give you, now I have had a brief look back that the Knockouts Division and Steiner vs Lashley feud was a big bag of wank.

• Paid Members
Oh god sorry I offended you so badly by having an opinion that a lot of people do and you don't agree with ...are you ok?

Well no. You stated an opinion and I posted a response in disagreement. Hence this whole "discussion forum" business. Permission to put your dummy back in now.

Simple storylines with no end game featuring uninteresting characters isn't exactly "golden" in my opinion.

Archived