The Worst of TNA

IANdrewDiceClay

Some of the obvious ones have already been mentioned; Jeff Hardy' being allowed to wrestle, for one, so won't repeat them.

Honourable mention should go to the Claire Lynch storyline fiasco last year (How has this not been mentioned yet?) . Especially as TNA was seemingly on a bit of a run in the summer 2012. Receiving praise for seemingly producing consistent storylines that had logic and made sense (I remember forums even praising Bruce Pritchard for bringing that stability to TNA). Plus Sting and Hogan were being used in managble doses. To have the whole Claire Lynch thing transpire as it did really was a horrible idea, from the start. Then to drag the storyline even though it was dead on its arse was perplexing to say the least.

Although I do have to admit Daniel's and Kazarian's baby shower promo, in the ring, with the AJ Styles baby doll had me rolling in laughter.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Remember when Hogan started championing Abyss? Fuck me, that was awful. Abyss was running around wearing Hogan's Hall Of Fame ring, 'Hulking up' and dressing in the absolute worst outfit you'd even seen on a mainstream wrestling show, he looked cheap as fuck...

abyss%20%2813%29.jpg

Abyss was the worst thing in wrestling at this time, I just wanted him to fuck off forever. What an absolute revelation the Joseph Park character has been for the guy. Genuinely one of the most fun gimmicks to come along in years.

• Moderators
Basically shitting on all the hard work and storylines the roster had essentially created for themselves between October 2009 and January 2010 so they could see to Hogans every whim. Those few months were golden on Impact and PPV

Such a fallacy. What was good about it? People always pick of Nigel McGuinness and Kurt Angle and the recycled Joe, Daniels and Styles matches, but Impact was the dirt worst around that time. Really fucking shocking.

Wasn't all that during the famous "MINUS FIVE STARS!" and "Gold boat" period? Impact was the worst programme on TV by a country mile during 2009. The highlight of the year for me was that one match where Eric Young and Petey teamed up against Beer Money and wore matching Team Canada jackets.

Team Canada were easily one of the best things TNA ever did. By a mile. And you know how you could tell they were good? Matching shell suits. Nothing bad in wrestling as ever involved a stable wearing matching shell suits. Only the best things. Fuck, even matching shell suits with Kurt Angle made Haas and Benjamin seem great.

• Paid Members
Team Canada were easily one of the best things TNA ever did. By a mile. And you know how you could tell they were good? Matching shell suits. Nothing bad in wrestling as ever involved a stable wearing matching shell suits.

They should never have let A1 leave.

• Paid Members

This was probably the best skit TNA every did. It was all Borash, Tenay and D'Amore as well. Its the Team 3D funeral. It was so well put together and put together a total budget of fuck all. Makes you wonder why they bothered bringing Russo in. That writing team wasn't perfect, but at least they knew who to build angles (even if they neglected a lot of other stuff on the show).

Check the list they have. There's bad insider (VKM) stuff which confuses everyone and then there's good insider stuff which is hidden away for those who get the joke. "Paul and Stephanie" and then "Pat and Sylvan" is class. Because Sylvan Grenier was fucking Pat Patterson for a job, apparently.

Honourable mention should go to the Claire Lynch storyline fiasco last year (How has this not been mentioned yet?) .

Na Claire Lynch was amazing and probaly the most memorable thing from my weird period of watching TNA. Still don't get all the hate that it gets. Over the top campy soap silliness. Lynch and Bad Influence were hilarious and great and AJ the poor bastard you couldn't help but feel sorry for. And it lead to them awesome skits where reporters were trying to find AJ and that interview with his wife (who was also great). It painted Styles as a sympathy character and it certainly made more sense than the Cena/Vickie/AJ Lee thing WWE were doing soon after, which was proper shite, and worse, boring.

The whole gut check thing was easily the worst thing about the show when it was going on. Fucking waste of time and terrible on every level.

• Paid Members
Na Claire Lynch was amazing and probaly the most memorable thing from my weird period of watching TNA. Still don't get all the hate that it gets. Over the top campy soap silliness. Lynch and Bad Influence were hilarious and great and AJ the poor bastard you couldn't help but feel sorry for. And it lead to them awesome skits where reporters were trying to get find AJ and that interview with his wife (who was also great). It painted Styles as a sympathy character and it certainly made more sense than the Cena/Vickie/AJ Lee thing WWE were doing soon after which was proper shite, and worse, boring.

So, I assume you were watching a completely different show all together then. The Claire Lynch angle was shockingly bad. It set new standards for a lot of people. And that takes some doing when the best actors in wrestling are suspect. It made no sense at all. Not a shred. And AJ Styles wasn't a sympathy figure. He was painted as a dumb fucker who brought it all on himself. The fact the actress quit halfway through the angle says it all.

• Moderators

Wasn't Claire Lynch the actresses secondary job as well, and her main bread and butter came from working as Belle off Beauty and the Beast in Disneyland just walking about like a Mickey Mouse or Goofy and she chose it over TNA?

• Paid Members

I forgot about Claire Lynch, somehow. It was the start of that angle that made me switch off TNA for good.

That closing segment. What the fuck? Seriously, that has to be some kind of joke. I'm not familiar with Junkies Anonymous, but I'm pretty sure the people supporting you through it don't have to be pretending to have an affair so it will work. If I'm wrong, then they've got a pretty fucking convoluted way of getting people clean "Step 1: get the person paying for your rehab to start a fake affair with a co-worker. Even going to the trouble of getting caught kissing. This way if some of her other colleagues, or the millions of people watching her television show start to suspect something is up, the last thing they'll think of is that, you, the pregnant women who nobody has ever heard of until now, is actually in rehab."

Thanks for a decent few weeks tv, TNA. I'm out, again. You fucking mongoloids.

Right call. Although I kind of regret not watching last weeks episode, so I could tune out in disgust when Ortiz was revealed.

• Paid Members

I think she was Olive Oil from the Popeye ride at Universal and they hired her. I have no doubt she'd have been still on now if it wasn't for the abuse she was getting online. TNA still put Dixie on TV and she's Claire Lynch level bad. I feel sorry for her in a way. Wrestling is an acquired taste. She got put in a pretty bad spot and now if you google her real name, it comes up all negative with words such as "worst actress ever" and "fucking useless". She took a TV gig and it backfired tremendously on her, so she quit.

That might be the worst angle TNA ever did actually. Because that didnt even demand a shocking ending. If they'd have just went "AJ and Dixie are keeping a secret that ... AJ STYLES IS IN THE HALL OF FAME!!" people would have just went, "oh, fair enough". But they took the audiences low expectations and they put it in a fucking blender. Nobody was asking for something big. Just progress the cunting storyline. They couldn't even do that.

All the good shit has been taken so I'm going to go with Jim "show me the money" Cornette trying to strip LAX of the tag team Title's for saying mean things about America (or something equally stupid the exact reason escapes me right now) which was really fucking lame.

Wouldn't at all surprise me if they only reversed it because I think the fans shit all over Cornette for it.

Archived