The Worst of TNA

IANdrewDiceClay

Was that final TNA run the one which fucked up Foley for good?

I know he's been pretty knackered from about 1998 but even during the start of that TNA run he looked like he could at least move about. He can barely walk now.

Most of the good ones have been done but what about that Deal or No Deal style open the box thing with the Knockouts having boxes containing a spider, the title etc. They ended the show with that crap as well.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showing "live" shots of Hogan's limo on Impact for 2 hours on his way to the building and then letting Hogan cut a promo where the first words he said were "I've been in the back talking with talent all day."

Storm vs Harris in a blindfold match.

TEO & Poppet the Psycho Dwarf.

Booking Cheex and having a cheap ring which almost caused the first show to be canceled in the pre show dark match.

Hiring Taz for commentary and firing the new guy who actually made it semi passable.

"Irish" Pat Kenney

Aces and Eights going on for 2 years with almost nothing happening.

Aces and Eights in masks fighting all the current members before they revealed themselves as the members. Who was actually under the masks in those segments and where did they disappear to?

Making the X Division then changing everything about it because it actually earned them some praise.

Stumbling on Ultimate X and trying to add pointless stipulations to every match since, when that fails over use every gimmick match that has ever worked.

I was at that impact taping, and had a sign that said 'Foley is a joke' which got took off me by TNA security just before that segment was taped and after the show Mick came out and asked me why I thought that. After I told him how could I think he's anything but a joke after seeing that he just held his head down and walked off.

...then cried, found you on Facebook and Twitter, complained to any website which would hear him, searched for your known addresses and sent a letter to your Mum saying how rude your son was about his clearly brilliant segment.

I got into TNA around mid 2007 when Angle owned it, they had Kurt, Joe, Christian and AJ at the top and i really enjoyed the matches at that point. The pinacle for me was Joe beating Angle at Lockdown 08 (didnt really get the MMA vibe for the match) with Joe finally winning the "nbig one". I attended a TNA house show in the Olympia in Liverpool in June 08 and i was blown away by what i saw, particulary MCMG v LAX, its still the best show ive been to!

Then AJ had that match with that no mark MMA guy, Kaz fucked off, Foley beat Sting, Dont West Turned heel, Lashley debuted in March 09 and didnt have a match til August, Foley kinda turned heel, and then i attended the TNA show in Manchester 2010... that had an advertised main event of AJ (champ) v Joe v Daniels v Hernandez in a 4 way ladder match! I was pumped for it!.Couldnt wait! Lost count of my lucky stars! Buzzin! ...and then the lousy bastards cancelled it for a run of the mill 4 way, ive never forgave them for that!

Last year there was Roodes run, Aries was on fire, Bully looked like a new man but Aces and 8s have killed it IMO, its shit, i love my wrestling but i cant bare to watch the shit they cart out nowadays.

Fuck TNA

I was at that impact taping, and had a sign that said 'Foley is a joke' which got took off me by TNA security just before that segment was taped and after the show Mick came out and asked me why I thought that. After I told him how could I think he's anything but a joke after seeing that he just held his head down and walked off.

...then cried, found you on Facebook and Twitter, complained to any website which would hear him, searched for your known addresses and sent a letter to your Mum saying how rude your son was about his clearly brilliant segment.

I should be shocked by the fact that a professional confronted a fan over a negative sign then I remember that it's Mick Foley.

What a thin skinned twat that man is.

He asked people a while ago on tweeter for storys of us meeting him, I told him how when i meet him in Coventry in 2005. He was a miserable sod who was only interested in my money at the time then talking to me. Safe to say he didnt like it complained about it and Mentioned me on twitter so all his fans could see.. I got some funny tweets back from his fans for about 3 hours.. I even had death threats lol

• Paid Members

The general opinion among the fans there was that Foley was a miserable, unsociable bastard and you were better off going to Colt's table, where he was chatting to everyone and doing "the robot".

Aah, the Monster's Division. In retrospect, much better than the later EV 2.0 stuff, but at the time it seemed bizarre to have a pantomime hardcore division side by side with the X Div and the burgeoning heavyweight scene.

Abyss, Rellik, Black Reign, Judas Mesias, who else...? Raven? Rhyno?

Didn't Abyss win the NWA title from Sting by DQ in a No-DQ esque match of some sort. I haven't seen that match, but rememeber reading the spoilers.

From what I recall, it was Genisis 2006. Match was a normal one on one title match and involved a thumb tacks spot while the ref was down. I seem to remember Abyss being hung upside down at some point during all of this too whilst being hit with the baseball. Brawl up the ramp Sting gets disqualified...for pushing the ref, before putting Abyss throw some barbed wire boards.

Tenay then proclaims "since the inception of TNA, the rule has been in place that you can lose the championship is disqualified". Nevermind the fact that TNA hadn't mentioned this rule for about 2 years

Sting vs. Abyss - TNA Gensis 2006

And there was also a ballgown match involving Booker T's wife that was pure wrestlecrap.

6 pages in and only ONE mention of arguably the worst female wrestling match ever shown on ppv?

I was lucky enough to be at the iMPACT! taping the week after Daniels & Kazarian threw Claire Lynch the baby shower.

As they showed the footage on the screen, the tourists around us who weren't wrestling fans and most of the TNA fans in attendance were laughing and found it very funny. Obviously Claire's "acting" wasn't supposed to get that reaction, which was unfortunate. "DO THE RIGHT THING AJ!!!!" she was yelling into the camera while attempting to cry.

As for WrestleCrap from that Summer 2012 period, Madison Rayne & Earl Hebner's fling was a little silly.

Archived