The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Erm, spoilers? I've just gone onto the WWE app to read the Raw preview. There's a section on the nominees of the Slammy's, there's no spaces just full on text of each award, presenter, nominees with (WINNER) in big letters after, presumably, each winner.

Anywhere running a book...?

Edit, it's not for all the awards, just a dozen or so eg Faction of the Year 'The Shield' and Crowd of the Year 'Raw after Mania'. Pretty predictable. Still looks that horrendous it can't be intentional.

They are WWE.com's awards. They're meant to be revealed on the run up to the show. The main awards will be voted for and won on RAW itself.

Edit: *Beaten to it*

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

There's an old gag, from an episode of Two and a Half Men I think, whereby one guy is considering breaking up with his missus because the sex is boring, and its always the same old shit. Basically, the gag is he says something like 'we've tried everything, I tied her up, she tied me up...I even wore a mask and cape' and someone replies 'it was still boring...even in a mask and a cape' to get the shitty punch line 'what can I say? It was the same old thing in a mask and cape.'

It's not a very good joke. Written down, it doesn't even look like a joke. But, it's relevant because the Slammys concept was essentially their mask and cape.

I mean, Jesus. Fucking. Wept.

This is theatre, right? It's not a real sport. It's an entertainment product that is fundamentally based on the need to create stories, and characters, engaging enough to sell a fake fight. That is fucking ridiculous, when you think about it. So, they really need to hit the basics so people don't realise how stupid it is and fuck off elsewhere. That said, its absolutely fucking bonkers that they spent so much time on an awards ceremony for a fake sport and didn't use it to further any stories whatsoever. I mean, there was a crossed look between The Shield (which they repeated, with greater effect later) but there was fuck all beyond that. It's just...I don't know anymore. They just po-facedly gave out fake awards to fake fighters who gave half arsed, fake acceptance speeches and then fucked off like this was the most reasonable, normal thing in the world. So, so mental.

Oh, and this 'treat' was peppered with the usual, missionary-position-fucking-sans-mask-and-cape that is dull nobhead versus dull nobhead in okay 15 minute wrestling match, with no real consequence and with everyone fully aware that the match will happen again another 3 times this week with everyone involved getting a win.

3 bloody hours of that shit and all that happened was The Shield shared a cross glance. Twice.

Nothing fucking happens except, if you're lucky, in the main event

Seriously, I don't think I can recall a single match that happened. They're just a blur, these days. I vaguely remember laughing at Hunicara's performance, as he kept getting distracted. But that's it.

I mean, the main segment was alright. Triple H looked fucking fuming about the Bryan chants, which was ace, and Cena bringing in Bryan for his promo was a bit awkward, like 'shit, get the act the crowd actually like involved, lets save this'. But, after that, it was alright. Cena was on form, at least.

I don't know what to make of that finish. DX vs. Team ROH for Mania? Or Triple H/Punk (no promos, please) and HBK/Bryan separately?

Also, the very end was flat as fuck if only because the weird 'Orton's being paranoid about a Cena/TripleH/Stephanie conspiracy' story they've sort of half arsed has less steam than a cheese salad. It took me a while to remember that it was even a thing.

I'm not sure they've got their maths right. An interesting 15 minutes from 3 hours and 15 does not a good show make.

Christ.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Eh, I found myself enjoying the Usos vs the Wyatt's, was a pretty good for-tv tag match.

The ending was probably one of the better endings to a Raw in a while, certainly wasn't expecting Steph to get clattered and Cena's worked shoot on Orton was probably one of his more enjoyable promos, not because of the references but because it was something different to the generic Cena promo script, and it felt rather believable.

Couple of guys out among the 20 felt a bit filler material, Christian and Swagger especially. Seattle pretty much shit on HHH with the Bryan/What stuff, either he's an amazing actor or he really was pissed off about it.

Not sure about MOTY, I still think the Shield vs the Rhodes was much better.

• Paid Members

I really liked the ending, personally. If it all went 100% on point with the script, the Orton/Cena face off and Triple H promo had the chance of being well flat, but the fans chanting for Bryan made it a bit more real. The stars of that segment were Triple H and Cena; Triple H selling the Bryan chants like a boss and Cena being great by thinking on his feet. It's genuine stuff like that which cuts through all the contrived nonsense that plagues a lot of these segments.

The big punch up at the end got me excited. I've longed for the day Punk got involved in all of this and it appears they're finally going to show as a bit of tit. We'll wait and see, but it's a mighty tease for what they've got planned for 'Mania. Potentially that's HBK v Bryan / Triple H v Punk/Orton / Cena v Ziggler.

Also, last night was great for Daniel Bryan. He's lost a lot of momentum since Night Of Champions, but last night was the sort of reaction the bloke was getting in the Summer.

Read a few posts on here about Raw not being too good last night before watching it, so wasn't expecting much. I must agree that a fair bit of it did seem average at best with a few good matches and moments, it didn't really build up much to TLC considering it was the final show before it (with exception to Cena and Orton) and considering it was the Slammys they just seemed to be there as filler.

But when it got to the final segment I absolutely loved it, it was awesome, had a proper big deal feel to it with all of the ex Champions in the ring, including Michaels, Hart, Foley and Booker. The two titles on the suspension above the ring was an awesome touch too, especially when Orton cheap shot Cena and the brawl began. Raw was average with a few good moments and matches but this end to it really made me enjoy the show and think it was actually pretty good.

Loved the Cena and Orton brawl, Orton punches Punk, Punk goes after Orton, Triple H pulls Punk away, Punk hits Triple H, Michaels superkicks Punk, Bryan shining wizard to Michaels and then Orton goes for the RKO on Bryan only to be pushed away and knock down Stephanie, Triple H rushes in, checks on her and pedigrees Orton.

What I found quite eerie and strange was to see Triple H, Stephanie, Kane and Cena all stood looking down at Orton when the show finished. Basically it felt like The Authority (Triple H, Stephanie, Kane and Orton) looking down at Bryan after they had screwed him over but this time Orton took Bryan's place and Cena replaced Orton. Just me reading into it a bit as I know a lot of fans always go crazy and love to predict and speculate that Cena will or is going to turn heel, if anything this was probably just their way of trying to fuel another "Cena is going to turn heel" discussion and getting amusement from it. Wonderful finish and build up to TLC though and I'm over the moon that we get this on Sky Sports!

• Paid Members
I thought the show was pretty good, mainly due to that awesome last segment. Cena was gold on the mic and the brawl was just all out crazy fun. I hope its not a cocktease though as id really like to see HBK/Bryan and Punk/HHH at Mania. Heck a tag match between the four would be mindblowing too.

I was thinking that too. If HBK is up for a match, then they certainly put the groundwork in there for Bryan/Punk vs DX. Would make for a hell of a Backlash main event.

Read a few posts on here about Raw not being too good last night before watching it, so wasn't expecting much. I must agree that a fair bit of it did seem average at best with a few good matches and moments, it didn't really build up much to TLC considering it was the final show before it (with exception to Cena and Orton) and considering it was the Slammys they just seemed to be there as filler.

But when it got to the final segment I absolutely loved it, it was awesome, had a proper big deal feel to it with all of the ex Champions in the ring, including Michaels, Hart, Foley and Booker. The two titles on the suspension above the ring was an awesome touch too, especially when Orton cheap shot Cena and the brawl began. Raw was average with a few good moments and matches but this end to it really made me enjoy the show and think it was actually pretty good.

Loved the Cena and Orton brawl, Orton punches Punk, Punk goes after Orton, Triple H pulls Punk away, Punk hits Triple H, Michaels superkicks Punk, Bryan shining wizard to Michaels and then Orton goes for the RKO on Bryan only to be pushed away and knock down Stephanie, Triple H rushes in, checks on her and pedigrees Orton.

What I found quite eerie and strange was to see Triple H, Stephanie, Kane and Cena all stood looking down at Orton when the show finished. Basically it felt like The Authority (Triple H, Stephanie, Kane and Orton) looking down at Bryan after they had screwed him over but this time Orton took Bryan's place and Cena replaced Orton. Just me reading into it a bit as I know a lot of fans always go crazy and love to predict and speculate that Cena will or is going to turn heel, if anything this was probably just their way of trying to fuel another "Cena is going to turn heel" discussion and getting amusement from it. Wonderful finish and build up to TLC though and I'm over the moon that we get this on Sky Sports!

EDIT - Just realised, TLC is indeed on SS4!!!!!!

Edited by zep81

I echo the earlier sentiments in this thread about how Raw has become a bit of a blur these days, just a general procession of good, but ultimately meaningless, 20 minute matches week after week after week. It doesn't become difficult to lose interest in results of matches when we know there is a good chance we will be seeing that very same match repeated again on Smackdown and Raw half a dozen times over the coming weeks.

The frustrating thing for me is that when WWE choose to do something right, it can still click. The end segment was fantastic, Cena delivered an outstanding promo for the second week in a row and really put over how big a match this is and how big the championship is.

The brawl at the end had a real sense of, here we fucking go, as well with Punk, Bryan, HBK and HHH all getting involved.

Delighted TLC is on Sky Sports and the main event will be worth watching, I do see one man genuinely leaving with both titles but I also can't see it being Orton or Cena.

HHH is getting involved in this somehow.

Finally, as much as I loved Shawn Michaels as a wrestler, and I did, to me he was the best ever. I don't want to see him wrestle again. And I don't think he will.

No doubt he will be involved somehow at Mania but I just can't see him wrestling again.

I really liked the ending, personally. If it all went 100% on point with the script, the Orton/Cena face off and Triple H promo had the chance of being well flat, but the fans chanting for Bryan made it a bit more real. The stars of that segment were Triple H and Cena; Triple H selling the Bryan chants like a boss and Cena being great by thinking on his feet. It's genuine stuff like that which cuts through all the contrived nonsense that plagues a lot of these segments.

The big punch up at the end got me excited. I've longed for the day Punk got involved in all of this and it appears they're finally going to show as a bit of tit. We'll wait and see, but it's a mighty tease for what they've got planned for 'Mania. Potentially that's HBK v Bryan / Triple H v Punk/Orton / Cena v Ziggler.

Also, last night was great for Daniel Bryan. He's lost a lot of momentum since Night Of Champions, but last night was the sort of reaction the bloke was getting in the Summer.

How did you get that out of the closing punch up?not a chance that's happening at Mania, or any other PPV in the near future.

• Paid Members

Strangely really enjoyed the Uso/Wyatts tag match. The last 30 seconds or so especially. It's very cliche to say they should do something with the tag division but there's a few good double acts around at the minute.

As someone who finds Cena incredibly irritating pretty much all the time, he was brilliant on Raw and the whole closing segment was enjoyable.

The Slammy's are a total waste of time. Weird set up too with wrestlers standing around in the ring doing sod all while they announce the winner.