The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Correct. I am honestly flabbergasted they think people want to see Ambrose/Jericho again, they main evented Smackdown 4 days earlier, have already had a feud that resulted in that stupid asylum match, seriously how many times have they been in the ring together in the last 6-8 weeks, I'm numb to it.  I am numb to any variation of Owens/Cesaro/Ambrose/Jericho and Zayn facing off, I'm sick of it, and that is a travesty because they are all fantastic Wrestlers in there own right, the matches that they randomly throw on Smackdown to an audience of less than 2 million people should be nurtured and built to mean something. Are there ANY matches that they have held back on that we can actually say "I can't wait to see that"?? Reigns/Cena springs to mind.

• Paid Members

Have TV ratings generally followed a downward trend in the same way?

Dunno about the states but they certainly have over here. In the 80s, you'd be looking at 25m+ for the highest rated shows of the year. Into the 90s and even early 2000s and it could be 20m+. Now you're talking 14m or less for the biggest audiences for TV shows. Sporting events often being the exception.

Have TV ratings generally followed a downward trend in the same way? 

Yes Network shows in the US on the Big 4 (CBS,FOX,NBC,ABC) have shown massive declines just over the past 2-3 years

Shows just 3 years ago were getting cancelled just for going below a 2.0 now a 2.0 could see a show winning the night, Even shows that have fallen below 1.0 on a regular basis are getting renewed

Fox have even come out and said they are paying no attention to the Live + same Day ratings, whether thats just PR spin on there part as its a lot of there shows that have plummeted the most but Its something I can imagine all networks doing over time if they dont already so privately.

So Raws ratings decline isn't just a one off for WWE programming its something every TV show is dealing with right now in the current climate  

The fact house shows, merch sales and other indicators are also the shits does point to a problem. Ratings are a percentage, meaning the viewers are going elsewhere as opposed to "not watching TV", which is obvious looking at the numbers of viewers going down as well as the rating itself. Interest is falling, and while there are issues across television, its people picking their entertainment more selectively and phasing out what they don't feel as important. Case in point, sports and Dancing with the Stars have been doing huge of late.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

As I have said Hulu which is owned by Fox, Disney and NBC Universal is launching a live channel stream and is backed by Time Warner as well.

You would have top rated TV networks like USA, SyFy. FX, TBS, TNT & Disney , News like CNN, MSNBC & Fox News and Sports ESPN, NBCSN, FS1 & your Regional Sports Network. All those would air live and probably have replays of certain shows the next day

It would be a so called skinny bundle charging around $40 a month when cable is usually more than double that and you get to watch things Netflix can't do yet, like live sports & News and nobody is binge watching those.

Hulu already air Raw the next day, they will just air it live and then have it available in the next day.

I honestly can't understand anyone watching Raw live every week. I love wrestling but if I gave over three hours to Raw every week (and forget about Smackdown), I'd not be able to watch anything else.

I have a full time job, a dog to walk, a young son to spend time with, household stuff that needs done and a wife that likes to spend some time with me too. The time I have to watch wrestling is limited to a few hours a week anyway and I'm damned if I'm going to spend that time watching mindless WWE filler.

I think my situation is fairly normal, so I suspect my reaction to it (don't watch it live, seek out highlights, if there are any, later) is pretty normal too.

I honestly can't understand anyone watching Raw live every week. I love wrestling but if I gave over three hours to Raw every week (and forget about Smackdown), I'd not be able to watch anything else.

I have a full time job, a dog to walk, a young son to spend time with, household stuff that needs done and a wife that likes to spend some time with me too. The time I have to watch wrestling is limited to a few hours a week anyway and I'm damned if I'm going to spend that time watching mindless WWE filler.

I think my situation is fairly normal, so I suspect my reaction to it (don't watch it live, seek out highlights, if there are any, later) is pretty normal too.

You can't be a wrestling fan? Not the ones I've seen. 

• Paid Members

I don't think it's that hard. I have all the same things as you, although walking the dog isn't my job, as well as football coaching, writing and a small business and I find time to watch it after everyone has gone to bed or I get up really early on a Tuesday morning. If you don't enjoy it, that's probably the problem rather than you being any super busier than anyone else.

I don't think it's that hard. I have all the same things as you, although walking the dog isn't my job, as well as football coaching, writing and a small business and I find time to watch it after everyone has gone to bed or I get up really early on a Tuesday morning. If you don't enjoy it, that's probably the problem rather than you being any super busier than anyone else.
Walking the dog isn't my job - two separate things.

I don't believe I am any busier than most people, that's my point. I, like many people, have limited time to myself throughout the week and, like many people, just cannot justify giving away 3 hours to a bloated Raw.

Edited by fraserbee